UFO.

Munch

http://www.asylum.co.uk/2010/04/12/ufo-chased-by-fighter-jets-in-the-midlands/?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl4|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asylum.co.uk%2F2010%2F04%2F12%2Fufo-chased-by-fighter-jets-in-the-midlands%2F

What the heck could this be ? must be genuine UFO After all that service station on the M5 They were checking out would be of great interest to Aliens :whistling:

Well maybe the petrol on Saturn is even more expensive than here, and the poor chaps just decided to stop by and fill up on a day trip.

Bang out of order chasing them back up the road to keep all the petrol to ourselves, if you ask me.

If I was filming a 'UFO' and two fighter jets came along to investigate, I'd definitely stop filming before the jets reached it. I mean who on earth would want to see what happened next?

Well maybe the petrol on Saturn is even more expensive than here, and the poor chaps just decided to stop by and fill up on a day trip.

Bang out of order chasing them back up the road to keep all the petrol to ourselves, if you ask me.

It does seem a bit odd to travel a zillion light yesrs just to hover over a petrol station :woot:

rossaldinho

If I was filming a 'UFO' and two fighter jets came along to investigate, I'd definitely stop filming before the jets reached it. I mean who on earth would want to see what happened next?

I would.

Have you seen some of the people that work in petrol stations?I am the only normal 1 :thumbsup:.It is a fake the jets aint going fast enough to chase away a ufo

Have you seen some of the people that work in petrol stations?I am the only normal 1 :thumbsup:.It is a fake the jets aint going fast enough to chase away a ufo

Maybee ET Was working in the petrol station and they were there to pick him up. :whistling:

Maybee ET Was working in the petrol station and they were there to pick him up. :whistling:

Most plausible explanation, IMO.

maroonlegions

This video is 2 MOUTHS OLD, now what was the weather like 2 mouths ago, where we not in the grip of a winter blast chill. :whistling:

The most PLAUSABLE explanation,(APART FROM IT BEING 2 MONTHS OLD AND LACKING ANY REAL WEATHER FROM THAT PERIOD),is this is blatant CGI, FOR THE REASONS STATED BELOW;(these where PMd to me from someone who knows and works with computer generated images,(CGI),and works with the software that is responsible or allows this process to happen.

Problemo 1:

The shaders are default ones that ship with both 3d max and maya (I know the guy who wrote both shaders for mental images who produce the mental ray render engine very well). They've taken a short cut to cut down render times and not used a more complex shader setup as they probably figured no one was going to look at the trucks.

Problemo 2:

The bevels are way too large for the size of object...a truck doesnt have bevels of that size (newbies aften forget that in 3d everything is aimed at rea life scale and often think its the same if they use a model 20cm or 20 feet in length...it is not.)

1f6f12e406ce.jpg

Problemo 3:

Trucks..look at the very simple shapes that have been used to construct the truck..then go and look at a real truck or three. :D

Problemo 4:

Highlights are wrong and way too plasticy for car / truck paint.

Problemo 5:

yeah static shot...baked in lighting by any chance ??? lol (Thats a big render time saver right there.) it'll look good as long as nothing other than the camera moves.

Problemo 6 -?

The bad texturing has already been covered but consider my voice added to the list. Glass == wrong. Also glass is catching a shadow from the wrong side of the 'box' used for the window glass on each window. It is catching the shadow from the interior surface not the exterior (or a combination of both) . While the textures and lack of dirt may be bad..the glass is a whole shed load worse.

The darkest colours and ligthest colours have been used to match objects within the scene..it screams it in fact.

I could go on but I think people have already made their mind up anyway by now. But as I regularly act as a consultant to autodesk who make the 3 biggest 3d apps (on top of my other production background) safe to say I know my stuff. :thumbsup:

CASE CLOSED/BANTER AND PESH TAKES OPEN. ML :ninja:

Dave Spacey

This video is 2 MOUTHS OLD, now what was the weather like 2 mouths ago, where we not in the grip of a winter blast chill. :whistling:

The most PLAUSABLE explanation,(APART FROM IT BEING 2 MONTHS OLD AND LACKING ANY REAL WEATHER FROM THAT PERIOD),is this is blatant CGI, FOR THE REASONS STATED BELOW;(these where PMd to me from someone who knows and works with computer generated images,(CGI),and works with the software that is responsible or allows this process to happen.

Problemo 1:

The shaders are default ones that ship with both 3d max and maya (I know the guy who wrote both shaders for mental images who produce the mental ray render engine very well). They've taken a short cut to cut down render times and not used a more complex shader setup as they probably figured no one was going to look at the trucks.

Problemo 2:

The bevels are way too large for the size of object...a truck doesnt have bevels of that size (newbies aften forget that in 3d everything is aimed at rea life scale and often think its the same if they use a model 20cm or 20 feet in length...it is not.)

1f6f12e406ce.jpg

Problemo 3:

Trucks..look at the very simple shapes that have been used to construct the truck..then go and look at a real truck or three. :D

Problemo 4:

Problemo 5:

yeah static shot...baked in lighting by any chance ??? lol (Thats a big render time saver right there.) it'll look good as long as nothing other than the camera moves.

Problemo 6 -?

The bad texturing has already been covered but consider my voice added to the list. Glass == wrong. Also glass is catching a shadow from the wrong side of the 'box' used for the window glass on each window. It is catching the shadow from the interior surface not the exterior (or a combination of both) . While the textures and lack of dirt may be bad..the glass is a whole shed load worse.

The darkest colours and ligthest colours have been used to match objects within the scene..it screams it in fact.

I could go on but I think people have already made their mind up anyway by now. But as I regularly act as a consultant to autodesk who make the 3 biggest 3d apps (on top of my other production background) safe to say I know my stuff. :thumbsup:

Also the "fighter jets" look a lot like helicopters to me, and are also going the wrong way.

Problemo 1:

Problemo 2:

1f6f12e406ce.jpg

Problemo 3:

Problemo 4:

Problemo 5:

Problemo 6 -?

So what are you trying to say ?

Guest GhostHunter

Fail.

At 16 secs the trees are in full leaf-mode.

Given the video was shot "this month" I find it unlikely the trees would have full foliage.

And, for that reason, I'm out.

Archived