Are Edinburgh's deaths counted daily?

Mr Sifter

Is there an actual record of how many people die each and every day in Edinburgh?

What about for births?

I mean, could i google something that would tell me exactly how many births and deaths occured, in Edinburgh, yesterday?

Completely random question I know, but thats what the sheds for eh:)

And another thing, how many do you reckon?

I honestly do not know if on average, Edinburgh loses 10 punters per day, or 100, or 1000.

Births too.

tommythejambo

I'd reckon somewhere between 40-60. Just looking at the obituaries page in the paper.

I'd reckon somewhere between 40-60. Just looking at the obituaries page in the paper.

Based on the national death rate, I'd reckon about 15 a day in Edinburgh. Why do you want to know? :sterb147:

I reckon these stats would be collated monthly and published then perhaps? Deffo annually.

Also, although someone is born today (for example) they may not be registered for another two weeks.

Same with Deaths. Someone may die today but the death certificate will not be issued until later so although the date of death would be today, it just wouldn't be recorded on the actual day. Does that make sense?? Same with births I guess.

Based on the national death rate, I'd reckon about 15 a day in Edinburgh. Why do you want to know? :sterb147:

Planning to open a coffin shop ?

Planning to open a coffin shop ?

Its not the cough that carrys you off its the coffin they carry you off in:ninja:

Is there an actual record of how many people die each and every day in Edinburgh?

What about for births?

I mean, could i google something that would tell me exactly how many births and deaths occured, in Edinburgh, yesterday?

Completely random question I know, but thats what the sheds for eh:)

Put a Mirror under your nose. If it mists up...You're No deid...That's 1 less!!:ninja:

Or may you have Fathered an Illigitimate Child, and this is your way of finding out?? :rolleyes:

I actualy started thinking about it after I heard about that auld boy who fought in the Spanish Civil War (thread in the terrace).

The news told yesterday how he pssed away in the Western General, on Friday. It just got me thinking about the fact that people die every day in this city, yet life just rolls along for the rest of us.

It was a philosophical look at life that lead me to start this thread..;)

Hagar the Horrible

Stretch your arms out in front the above your head.

So long as you dont touch pine your ok?

Archived