Tynie atmosphere

mr writer

Where have all the singers gone, only people singing are in section G and half of them are wee laddies. Whats happened to section N

Where have all the singers gone, only people singing are in section G and half of them are wee laddies. Whats happened to section N

FFS not another I'm a better fan/section " " is better post.

maroonshrew

Yea, no offence intended, but I find these posts tireseome too. If you want to sing, sing. If you don't, don't. I tend not to sing or chant at the football. I love football and love watching Hearts but for many this never seems to be enough. As part of this bargain, you wont hear me complain about atmosphere. The aggressive people at games who lambast us for not singing do my head in.

dont you know? you're not allowed to sing at football anymore, any time anyone tries someone says "sit doon!". between health and safety, the polis and the "toffee rustlers" there is a conspiracy to shread every aspect of enjoyment out of football, but charge as much money as possible for games... they see it as some kind of challenge

Yea, no offence intended, but I find these posts tireseome too. If you want to sing, sing. If you don't, don't. I tend not to sing or chant at the football. I love football and love watching Hearts but for many this never seems to be enough. As part of this bargain, you wont hear me complain about atmosphere. The aggressive people at games who lambast us for not singing do my head in.

i'm not one of these people that say everyone should sing or ur no a real fan if u don't. i just think all the people that want to sing should sit/stand together, in a singing section sort of thing so it's louder and carries on longer, if you don't want to stand and sing, don't go to the singing section. a problem with our atmosphere is that the people that want to sing are all separated.

If i wanted to sit in silence i would go to the pictures, nae wonder the team aren't motivated when only a tiny % of our fans are doing the motivating

i'm not one of these people that say everyone should sing or ur no a real fan if u don't. i just think all the people that want to sing should sit/stand together, in a singing section sort of thing so it's louder and carries on longer, if you don't want to stand and sing, don't go to the singing section. a problem with our atmosphere is that the people that want to sing are all separated.

i don`t know why, i genuinely don`t, but every time someone mentions a singing section it actually makes me CRINGE.

i don`t know why, i genuinely don`t, but every time someone mentions a singing section it actually makes me CRINGE.

maybe it's the wording, "singing section" makes it sound like american high school cheerleaders or something, i know. i challenge you, sir, to think of a better name! in italy they have the "curva" and germany, "kurve" we could call it a curve, but we don'e have them in our stadiums, they're just stands behind the goals...

maybe it's the wording, "singing section" makes it sound like american high school cheerleaders or something, i know. i challenge you, sir, to think of a better name! in italy they have the "curva" and germany, "kurve" we could call it a curve, but we don'e have them in our stadiums, they're just stands behind the goals...

i tried to think of something and couldn`t soz. i`m not against the idea but the wording annoys me.

Years ago, folk that wanted to sing all stood behind the goals stretching to the shed. Because of seating, folk are seperated all round the stadium these days, thats why there's a lack of atmosphere in the ground. A simple solution would be to not number the seats, in otherwords, buy a season ticket/pay to get in for the sections but sit anywhere within that section, that way, folk that want to sing their heads of can and the sweetie rustlers can't have anything to complain about.

Years ago, folk that wanted to sing all stood behind the goals stretching to the shed. Because of seating, folk are seperated all round the stadium these days, thats why there's a lack of atmosphere in the ground. A simple solution would be to not number the seats, in otherwords, buy a season ticket/pay to get in for the sections but sit anywhere within that section, that way, folk that want to sing their heads of can and the sweetie rustlers can't have anything to complain about.

Eh, no. It would be full time before everyone found a seat. :mellow:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I would rather there was no singing so the players can then hear my wonderful words of encouragement.

Eh, no. It would be full time before everyone found a seat. :mellow:

There would also be a scramble for the " best" seats. A simple solution to those that want to sing, would be to put a sticky up on here, and those who want to, can arrange to get seats together. The most important thing to get the crowd going is for those on the pitch to put in a good performance. The derby was a fine example of how the crowd react to what happens on the pitch!

Guest Dipped Flake

The easiest thing would be for the club to state that they were creating a couple of areas of the ground to be designated as 'quiet' and 'loud' areas. Those with young kids/wives/girlfriends of a delicate disposition would know to get seats in the quiet part of the ground. Those wanting to sing (and dare I say it stand up and down) would book for the loud area. That way you wouldn't get people moaning about folk shouting, swearing, jumping up and down as they should have known that the 'loud' section would mean this sort of behaviour. I really don't see the problem with the club doing this although I suppose you could say that section G and N are self-proclaimed loud sections already (although the singing seems to have died off from them lately)

Between a rubbish team, little prospect if winning anything and the great unspoken truth among football fans - that they're not all that bothered, really - and British reluctance to make a scene of oneself conspire to make Hearts matches generally a boring occasion.

some good ideas, like that in post #20

we all seem to agree that it's a good idea to get the singers together, and behind the goals would be a good place to do it, a few things however: 1) would people in section N and G be willing to move? we all know how set our ways we can all be! and 2)will the club help us do it if we wanted it enough? do we want it enough? the club is wanting more dialogue with fans, so we could request it, ie to move the family/hospitality from the gorgie stand and move the noise-makers in. it's too late to have it in place for next season however, as the season tickets have been launched, but maybe for the season after? perhaps that would be a good time to get the maroon platoon back together?

thoughts please...

Mikey Gardiner

The support at home isn't great singing wise but at the away games it is always absolutely brilliant.

The support at home isn't great singing wise but at the away games it is always absolutely brilliant.

I prefer the atmosphere at away games normally, but we are lucky to have one of the better grounds with a great view.

i guess the lack of replies to my post (#23) answers my question! we're all happy to talk about it, but when it comes to doing something... nah forget it. maybe it is that we have too much of this british reluctance to 'make a fuss' or maybe it's just too easy to say what you feel behind the anonymity of a computer screen, but harder to actually do something. i may be as guilty of the rest for this, but i do want to do something about it, i want to get tynecastle jumping again, with a wall of noise

Francis Albert
:unsure: The simple fact is that the default position at Tynecastle for the last 50 years, and I suspect much longer, is not "jumping with a wall of noise". A few short periods (1985/86, from about the eighth game onwards and 2005/06, particularly the first part) were the exceptions rather than the rule. In 1964/65 for example the place was generally fairly subdued despite us coming within one goal of the title. The rest of the '60s and '70s, the odd big game excepted, the place was like a morgue. Younger readers might believe the myth perpetrated on here about the Shed being regularly packed and swaying with continuous raucous support ... well, I was there and it was more often a few hundreed with a couple of songs at the start and a couple more if we scored. For routine games the new ground is no more or less lacking in atmosphere than the old. For big games when we are losing, the same. For big games when we are winning the new ground beats the old hands down.

:unsure: The simple fact is that the default position at Tynecastle for the last 50 years, and I suspect much longer, is not "jumping with a wall of noise". A few short periods (1985/86, from about the eighth game onwards and 2005/06, particularly the first part) were the exceptions rather than the rule. In 1964/65 for example the place was generally fairly subdued despite us coming within one goal of the title. The rest of the '60s and '70s, the odd big game excepted, the place was like a morgue. Younger readers might believe the myth perpetrated on here about the Shed being regularly packed and swaying with continuous raucous support ... well, I was there and it was more often a few hundreed with a couple of songs at the start and a couple more if we scored. For routine games the new ground is no more or less lacking in atmosphere than the old. For big games when we are losing, the same. For big games when we are winning the new ground beats the old hands down.

fair enough, but can we get it rocking again? and maybe keep it that way? i like the german and italian style of support, with groups singing the whole way through a match, and if the rest feel like joining in when the team is winning, then great! can we get a bunch of fans together to sing? surely it can't be that hard!

ArcticJambo

How 'bout we remove the seats and add barriers ... simple solution, problem solved.

It would be quite cheap too ... incite some real hatred on the pitch/from the stands in games vs OF and wait for them to rip out said repositories ... (bertie Bonus) get them fined too - repeat for every stand, or failing that announce that all home fans are encouraged to bring screwdrivers, but not those Fisher-Price yins.

some good ideas, like that in post #20

we all seem to agree that it's a good idea to get the singers together, and behind the goals would be a good place to do it, a few things however: 1) would people in section N and G be willing to move? we all know how set our ways we can all be! and 2)will the club help us do it if we wanted it enough? do we want it enough? the club is wanting more dialogue with fans, so we could request it, ie to move the family/hospitality from the gorgie stand and move the noise-makers in. it's too late to have it in place for next season however, as the season tickets have been launched, but maybe for the season after? perhaps that would be a good time to get the maroon platoon back together?

thoughts please...

i have a s/t in lower N and wouldn't be willing to move, i have a decent view, can stand and the atmosphere is better because we are nearer the away fans (plenty of banter and abuse flying back and forth) why would i want to go across and sit in the Gorgie end? wouldn't imagine a lot of other fans in 'G' or 'N' would want to give up there seats for the Gorgie end either, what is the attraction of it for us? we are already seated in an area where there is a better atmosphere,

How 'bout we remove the seats and add barriers ... simple solution, problem solved.

It would be quite cheap too ... incite some real hatred on the pitch/from the stands in games vs OF and wait for them to rip out said repositories ... (bertie Bonus) get them fined too - repeat for every stand, or failing that announce that all home fans are encouraged to bring screwdrivers, but not those Fisher-Price yins.

How many times must it be repeated, you won't get the return to standing at football! Get over it!

ArcticJambo

How 'bout we look across the north sea to Germany ... but then I'm sure you'll reply by repeating something else that attempts to nullify forward thinking. How 'bout we all just sit on our Rodney Marshes and watch our game die before our eyes. You know in some ways (becuase of where I now live) I'm glad I don't have to make that 'torn between heart/heid' decision to take the bus up to gorgie anymore. I don't get to see Hearts very often on the telly but I genuinely think that is a good thing now ... its certainly not about the quality of the football anymore, its just the experience, and you cannae get that lying on yer couch at 3pm on a Monday afternoon.

How many times must it be repeated, you won't get the return to standing at football! Get over it!

you're right, we should all give up hope. why bother eh? why anything? let's just stand (or sit) idly by while our game is stripped of any enjoyment it has/had, because on the pitch it's not good to watch anymore. why attempt to make it better? let's just spend our saturdays in the pub watching 3D english football eh? that'll be much better. because "it'll never happen" lets just accept it, let's accept everything we don't like! we'll not make a fuss, people are too set in their ways and thats the end of it. sorry for suggesting anything could be done...

i have a s/t in lower N and wouldn't be willing to move, i have a decent view, can stand and the atmosphere is better because we are nearer the away fans (plenty of banter and abuse flying back and forth) why would i want to go across and sit in the Gorgie end? wouldn't imagine a lot of other fans in 'G' or 'N' would want to give up there seats for the Gorgie end either, what is the attraction of it for us? we are already seated in an area where there is a better atmosphere,

i was meaning if everybody moved, so we were all together, so there would be atmosphere. i understand that would only work if everybody moved, and yes, we wouldn't be next to the away fans, but is that really important?

Mikey Gardiner

I prefer the atmosphere at away games normally, but we are lucky to have one of the better grounds with a great view.

I agree there is a great view of the game at tynie. I ahte going to celtic park and getting stuck with the restricted view seats if there are none left for the non restricted view as you can't see anything because of stupid pillars.

Miller Jambo 60

Nobody mentioned a singing section

I think we should have a large singing section, cringe ,cringelaugh.giflaugh.gif .

Francis Albert

Am I the only one slightly turned off by the idea of a bunch of fans singing away continuously whatever is happening on the pitch? Depressed silence interspersed with moans and grumbling when things are going badly are as much a part of the "atmosphere" at football as the contrasting spells of elation and joyous noise. Without the former, the latter would not be as much fun.

In any event one flaw in the idea of grouping all the singers together is that the nearest thing to a "singing section" (G) we had at the last home game emptied when we went three down more quickly than any other part of the ground.

And the idea that Scottish football is struggling to attract crowds (Tynecastle strangely excepted) because fans are too quiet is badly confusing cause and effect.

i was meaning if everybody moved, so we were all together, so there would be atmosphere. i understand that would only work if everybody moved, and yes, we wouldn't be next to the away fans, but is that really important?

important? if not, then why are the more vocal supporters in either G or N, next to the School End?

Guest vintage vanbasten

Why dont you tell it like it really is ..........

rudiskacel06

If i wanted to sit in silence i would go to the pictures, nae wonder the team aren't motivated when only a tiny % of our fans are doing the motivating

]

If they players cant be motivated by there fat pay cheques n fanby life styles then theres something wrong and they shouldnt be at the club

Simple really : Real fans MAKE SOME NOISE

Do you not want Tynecastle to be a fortress? JJ does and specifically says so in his recent open letter.

To me, a fortress is not created in a silent stadium.

I think we should have a large singing section, cringe ,cringelaugh.giflaugh.gif .

Not sure why you find this cringeworthy (maybe the multitude of posts asking for this)

I think its a good idea and when you consider that Tynecastle was voted the best atmosphere for a few season in the SPL it does make you wonder where it has gone.

I'll reiterate that I think its down to the under 12's season tickets and parents not wanting to be to boisterous around their kids - fair enough but surely thats why we have a family enclosure - altho must point out that I sat at the school end during my time as a Hearts kid, did me no harm standing next to the guys from the shed.

But in this PC era maybe kids should be consigned to the main stand and a singing section would be helpful.

Only a Game

Simple really : Real fans MAKE SOME NOISE

Do you not want Tynecastle to be a fortress? JJ does and specifically says so in his recent open letter.

To me, a fortress is not created in a silent stadium.

A fortress wont last five minutes when the centurians (the team) you have inside it are as poorly equipped for battle as ours are.

Whats needed is a swashbuckling team that can beat the drivel we've been failing to beat in the last 3 years with a bit of panache and a bit of swagger. Until we get that feeling about our team back you can forget any half-assed measure to get some noise going. It wont work.

Archived