swollen lip

Gorgiewave

In the last half hour my lower lip has gone from normal to badly sowllen and throbbing.

A similar thing happened about a month ago when I woke up like this. It burst after a few hours and I squeezed out a fair amount of pus (though some returned) before it eventually healed after maybe five days.

Now the same again. It makes me speak with a slight lisp. So far it hasn't burst so I haven't been able to squeeze the pus out.

Any ideas about what it might be?

Sorry, Shed please!

Chad Sexington

In the last half hour my lower lip has gone from normal to badly sowllen and throbbing.

A similar thing happened about a month ago when I woke up like this. It burst after a few hours and I squeezed out a fair amount of pus (though some returned) before it eventually healed after maybe five days.

Now the same again. It makes me speak with a slight lisp. So far it hasn't burst so I haven't been able to squeeze the pus out.

I've no idea but I think I'm going to be sick. :yucky:

SHED!!!

Aids?

seriously, have you had any other illnesses recently or under pressure with work?

if so it could be a type of herpes (thank you google thumbsup.gif )

or have you done the dirty with a dirty recently?

Sorry, Shed please!

Has your missus been battering you about again!!

burglar-gregory-mccalium-pic-pa-80759014.jpg

Sorry, Shed please!

Maybe your wife/girlfriend has Thrush ask them to get it checked out before muff diving again

Guest Death.

barf.gif

I love that scene.

"GET OUTTA THE STREET YOU ******* BUM!!...YOU GAVE UP ON LIFE DIDNT YA!"

Dramatic. No. EPIC scene.

PS ew pus.

UPDATE:

Thanks to all the concerned well-wishers for their flowers, cards and grapes. And to Malky for his medical assistance.

So, I went to A&E and was attended by a lovely Guatamalan doctor, aged approximately 29 and, well...efficient, polite, interested and classy.thumbsup.gif

The upshot of it all is that she suspects an allergy, gave me steroids to take the swelling down and prescribed me more for the next 12 days. I have to go back for allergy tests.

CONCLUSIONS:

1. A swollen lip for no apparent reason may turn out to be a good thing.

2. Guatamalan women are my new second-favourites.

3. Does anybody know a harmless, pain-free medical emergency that I could use as an excuse to go back?

bandera-de-guatemala.jpg

siegementality

UPDATE:

Thanks to all the concerned well-wishers for their flowers, cards and grapes. And to Malky for his medical assistance.

So, I went to A&E and was attended by a lovely Guatamalan doctor, aged approximately 29 and, well...efficient, polite, interested and classy.thumbsup.gif

The upshot of it all is that she suspects an allergy, gave me steroids to take the swelling down and prescribed me more for the next 12 days. I have to go back for allergy tests.

CONCLUSIONS:

1. A swollen lip for no apparent reason may turn out to be a good thing.

2. Guatamalan women are my new second-favourites.

3. Does anybody know a harmless, pain-free medical emergency that I could use as an excuse to go back?bandera-de-guatemala.jpg

Theel no havth been vewy imprethed with your chat up lineths, or hath the lisp improved?

Theel no havth been vewy imprethed with your chat up lineths, or hath the lisp improved?

TBF I was half asleep with exhaustion most of the time. The lisp is better, thank you, and the swelling almost gone.

But anybody on here looking for tips for a lads' weekend or the like should include some light alcohol poisoning or jump from the hotel window just to meet the la maravillosa guatemalteca.

UPDATE:

[/img]

You havent been eating Skate have you? Swollen lips is a common reaction in people with an intolerance to the Ammonia in it. I get a mild lip burn from eating Skate - not an allergy but annoying enough that I avoid it.

Chad Sexington

brundlefly.jpg

there was a man who swallowed a fly... perhaps he'll die.

You've just managed to make me LOL and vomit at the same time. :lol::yucky:

Outstanding. :thumbsup:

You havent been eating Skate have you? Swollen lips is a common reaction in people with an intolerance to the Ammonia in it. I get a mild lip burn from eating Skate - not an allergy but annoying enough that I avoid it.

Not skate, no, nor have I been in contact with it. The only thing I've eaten recently that I haven't even a million times is I bought some blue cheese - but that was only in the last week and I had a similar eruption a month or so ago before I had started on the blue cheese. It's not a burning sensation either, in fact it's not even sore, just slightly annoying speaking with a lisp and looks terrible. It's now away. Everything else, even toothpaste and mouthwash, are what I usually buy so I am a bit at a loss.blink.gif

I had spots when I was younger and bought some spot cream. Put it on and my lip got badly swollen. Never burst but I know what you were going through.

Go back with something penis related. Like caught in the zip. Just stings a little and you might get miss hottie to gets hands on with the little guy. Here's your ice breaker too... it's a grower, not a shower.

Better find out what it was. Next time it might be more than your lip .....

uglymask.jpg

Definite Hobo.

ArmiyaRomanova

Probably not what you'd want to hear, but I occasionally got badly swollen lips from beer served from pub taps - presumably some kind of allergy to a chemical used to clean the pipes.

Shifted to bottles and haven't suffered from it since.

My mate used to have a similar problem years ago when we were younger. Every time he eat Chinese food his bottom lip would swell up like a melon. After a while it would go down, some times it took a few hours, other times it would take a day or two.

Eventually after a few tests he found out he was allergic to some thing that the Chinese use in there cooking, cant remember what it was though, as it was about 10yrs ago.

Sound like your allergic to something, maybe the blue cheese?

Probably not what you'd want to hear, but I occasionally got badly swollen lips from beer served from pub taps - presumably some kind of allergy to a chemical used to clean the pipes.

Shifted to bottles and haven't suffered from it since.

I'm teetotal so I doubt that in this case. But I am wondering about washing powder, washing up liquid, soap.

Guest GhostHunter

I'm teetotal so I doubt that in this case. But I am wondering about washing powder, washing up liquid, soap.

Wash your hands after a number 2.

That's always my advice.

Archived