Looking pretty good for top 6

Victorian

not that it's much to shout about but it now looks good for a top 6 place. either st.johnstone or the mutton romancers require a minimum of two wins from their final three games. even then we have reasonable chances of points in out last two.

we might not be involved in the european fight but at least we'll get a match against the vermins and the chance to abuse lennon.

loveofthegame

Might not be much to shout about, but its huge imo in terms of enjoyment for the rest of the season. I am desperate for a 4th derby and to play the top clubs again. If we don't make top 6, season is over and i'd just play the kids.

not that it's much to shout about but it now looks good for a top 6 place. either st.johnstone or the mutton romancers require a minimum of two wins from their final three games. even then we have reasonable chances of points in out last two.

we might not be involved in the european fight but at least we'll get a match against the vermins and the chance to abuse lennon.

St Johnstone and Aberdeen both have Rangers to play and are playing each other in the last game before the split. I reckon a draw next week and that'll be all that is required.

Might not be much to shout about, but its huge imo in terms of enjoyment for the rest of the season. I am desperate for a 4th derby and to play the top clubs again. If we don't make top 6, season is over and i'd just play the kids.

We should be playing the likes of Templeton and Robinson whatever. Why keep them ? For when ? Get them in and see what they can do. From what I have seen and given our likely resources Templeton could be a key player for next season. He needs SPL games and we have nothing to play for and are losing as many matches as we win (if not more) in any case. Anybody who JJ knows will not be at the club next season should not now play again. Get them to feck and I mean players who are being sold as well. He should already be preparing us for next season. There is no valid reason not to.

loveofthegame

We should be playing the likes of Templeton and Robinson whatever. Why keep them ? For when ? Get them in and see what they can do.

Of course we should but the 2 you have mentioned are what i would consider to already be consistent members of the 1st team squad, i was more talking about your balatoni's/dylan mcgowans/smith's etc.

If we do get in the top 6 though i wouldn't play the latter mentioned youngsters just for the sake of it as taking a skelping is not going to do them much good.

Nucky Thompson

Without doubt we will now make the top 6, we shall also feck the hobos again :thumbsup:

Of course we should but the 2 you have mentioned are what i would consider to already be consistent members of the 1st team squad, i was more talking about your balatoni's/dylan mcgowans/smith's etc.

If we do get in the top 6 though i wouldn't play the latter mentioned youngsters just for the sake of it as taking a skelping is not going to do them much good.

I understand what you're saying but you've got to be careful you don't bring in too many at once. Players like Temps and Robinson need the experienced players around them.

Putting out a team with C Thomson, Baltoni, McGowan, Templton, Robinson and Smith in it would be too young IMO.

I think Ryan McGowan and Temps will be first choice next season and if Ryan wasnt on loan he would be playing every week for us just now.

The season is undead and has been since Part II of the Horror at Fir Park trilogy. I really couldn't care less whether we finish top or bottom six, although the former is the likely outcome. I think it's all about giving our younger players, some of whom are looking promising, some more games between now and May.

Archived