United win saves Ref from scrutiny

B.S.

While really pleased at United's win over Rangers I can't help but feel, that once again, the officials done their utmost to help what is a very poor Rangers side.

United had 2 or 3 penalty claims turned down and a perfectly good goal chalked off.

The fact Rangers couldn't win with all that help shows just how bad they are.

I know this is going over old ground, and I've been moaning about this for 30 years.

But what the hell can be done to stop this blatant cheating in our game ?

Mikey Gardiner

the handball by lafferty was clear and how he never saw it ill never know. He was lucky the ref.

While really pleased at United's win over Rangers I can't help but feel, that once again, the officials done their utmost to help what is a very poor Rangers side.

United had 2 or 3 penalty claims turned down and a perfectly good goal chalked off.

I know this is going over old ground, and I've been moaning about this for 30 years.

Sack the ones who are blatantly "at it". Unfortunately if that happened here we'd be left with about 4 Class One refs!!!!!

Auld Reekin'

Jesus it's like reading the huddleboard on here sometimes.

blink.gif

Not when you post though, eh...???

Miller Jambo 60

But look who the ref was, the guy is a top class aerse, FACT.thumbsup.gif

Nelly Terraces

Jesus it's like reading the huddleboard on here sometimes.

You read huddleboard? Sounds like your hiding something. whistling.gif

Jambof3tornado

The fact that Auld Man Weir was ripping into Lafferty should have shown the ref he had cocked it up by not giving the penalty!!

As for the huddleboard comment,what a lot of shite!!!

Dougie McDonald is either a very, very poor referee, or a cheat of the highest order. After watching his displays against Hearts over a number of years and now twice in the same cup tie involving The Huns, the only conclusion is that he is a very, very poor referee and a cheat of the highest order. :angry:

Jambof3tornado

Dougie McDonald is either a very, very poor referee, or a cheat of the highest order. After watching his displays against Hearts over a number of years and now twice in the same cup tie involving The Huns, the only conclusion is that he is a very, very poor referee and a cheat of the highest order. angry.gif

You have to defend him slightly. I mean he must have struggled to see several incidents given the tears in his eyes after his teams demise in the big cup the night before!!!whistling.gif

the handball by lafferty was clear and how he never saw it ill never know. He was lucky the ref.

Nowhere as clear as wee Bazzas was against Hearts in cup tie versus Rangers. whistling.gif perhaps the ref thought in the game that because Hearts were owned by a Lithuanian , we had taken up their national sport of Basketball, or at least wee Barry must have. laugh.gif

But it's a shame that because Rangers lost it won't be mentioned. I think that's generally a problem that managers and fans only moan about a ref when their team loses and tend to completely ignore bad decisions which go in their favour. Perfectly understandable, but not helpful.

What it needs is for clubs to be more honest and not let up on it. If United were unhappy with the performance, win, lose or draw, they should be letting the SFA know such. I think the clubs do report on refs performances, it's just not public, I only hope they are just as damning when the ref "gets away with it" as when it costs them points.

Teams need to stand together on the issue too. it's not about protecting your own, it's about evening out and improving our game as a whole. Unfortunately VR (in his own mad way, tbf) tried to do this, noone stood with him and the SFA changed the rulebook so they could fine him! Shows what you're up against!

yvonnejambo

Every realistic Rangers fan I have spoke to have said it would have been embarrassing if Rangers had qualified after the REF blatantly trying to help Rangers.

Archived