Zal back next Sat?

andrew

I reckon a back 4 of Zal and Eggy in the middle and Jason (rb) and Lee (lb)

What do you all think after a good defensive performance against hibs.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I reckon a back 4 of Zal and Eggy in the middle and Jason (rb) and Lee (lb)

What do you all think after a good defensive performance against hibs.

Balogh

Wallace

Zaliukas

Jonsson

J. Thomson

Driver

Larry

Palazuelos

Suso

Obua

Glen

Ryan Gosling

Balogh

C.Thomson Zaliukas Goncalves Wallace

Kingston Jonsson Palazuelos Driver

Obua Glen

Suso for Jose if he can't play.

Balogh

Wallace

Zaliukas

Jonsson

J. Thomson

Driver

Larry

Palazuelos

Suso

Obua

Glen

Good shout.

JT had a decent game against the hoofters and doesnt deserve to be dropped. Start with JT to keep it solid at the back young CT might get exposed going forward or might not even be fit enough to start.

Tommy Wiseau

Balogh

Thomson

Jonsson

Zaliukas

Wallace

Suso

Kingston

Palazuelos

Driver

Obua

Glen

Job's a good 'un.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good shout.

JT had a decent game against the hoofters and doesnt deserve to be dropped. Start with JT to keep it solid at the back young CT might get exposed going forward or might not even be fit enough to start.

Exactly my thoughts... I think we will have a pretty decent strong bench for this one and C. Thomson gives us a few different options, great to have Temps and Robinson in reserve too.

Balogh

C.Thomson Zaliukas Goncalves Wallace

Kingston Jonsson Palazuelos Driver

Obua Glen

Suso for Jose if he can't play.

different back four to mine but at least JJ has some options now.

I do reckon he will start with Kingston in central midfield rather than on the right though he looks far happier in their

Exactly my thoughts... I think we will have a pretty decent strong bench for this one and C. Thomson gives us a few different options, great to have Temps and Robinson in reserve too.

Yeah think we went a few weeks there without any recognised defenders on the bench, risky business.

We_are_the_Hearts

No need to rush him back. Pala looks a better left back than midfielder to me and Wallace has done well in there. Good balance with him and Eggy. Suso should always start in home games and Kingston looks better in the middle. Stevenson can consider himself unlucky to be on the bench but his time will come.

Balogh

J.Thomson Jonsson Wallace Palazuelos

Suso Kingston Black Driver

Obua Glen

Chris Benoit

No need to rush him back IMO.

Johnson and Wallace look our most solid centre back pairing anyway.

They worked well against Stokes on his own and maybe against someone like falkirk i'd agree with you but to have any chance against Rangers we can't risk players out of position so i'd go for 2 out of Zal, Jose and Eggy.

I'd keep JT at RB too

Everyone's in pretty much agreement that the Hobos where shite and offered very little in a cutting edge attackign sense Saturday, so how we can have a consensus on Wallace Eggert pairing being our best pairing when they havent really been tested is a bit off imo.

Guest JamboRobbo

Everyone's in pretty much agreement that the Hobos where shite and offered very little in a cutting edge attackign sense Saturday, so how we can have a consensus on Wallace Eggert pairing being our best pairing when they havent really been tested is a bit off imo.

It's only an opinion. It's not going to hurt you.

Have you considered the possibility that the reason "they offered very little in a cutting edge attackign sense Saturday" was because our defense was doing well?

It's only an opinion. It's not going to hurt you.

Have you considered the possibility that the reason "they offered very little in a cutting edge attackign sense Saturday" was because our defense was doing well?

Big Zal with Eggy for me. I would not have Jose anywhere near my first 11, nothing to do with his contract dispute i may add.

Im only offering up a little realism, it may sting slightly but y'know it wont hurt ye. tongue.gif

Ive have considered tho that they offered little in an attacking sense cos they very rarely got passed the midfield unless it was a hoof to Stokes. Id much rather went with Egget and Zali, if Zali is fit enough and there's little to no chance of him breaking down again, impressive tho they have been together, Lee and Eggert, Id rather we had Wallace's attacking play at left back. Ruben would be solid, no doubt, but getting forward like Lee might be a bit of a problemo. If we're playing JT on the right, two full backs not getting forward might be a bit shitey.

Guest JamboRobbo

Im only offering up a little realism, it may sting slightly but y'know it wont hurt ye. tongue.gif

Ive have considered tho that they offered little in an attacking sense cos they very rarely got passed the midfield unless it was a hoof to Stokes. Id much rather went with Egget and Zali, if Zali is fit enough and there's little to no chance of him breaking down again, impressive tho they have been together.

In other words, No need to rush him. Glad to see you agree with me. :P

Id rather we had Wallace's attacking play at left back. Ruben would be solid, no doubt, but getting forward like Lee might be a bit of a problemo. If we're playing JT on the right, two full backs not getting forward might be a bit shitey.

Agree with that.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ive have considered tho that they offered little in an attacking sense cos they very rarely got passed the midfield unless it was a hoof to Stokes. Id much rather went with Egget and Zali, if Zali is fit enough and there's little to no chance of him breaking down again, impressive tho they have been together, Lee and Eggert, Id rather we had Wallace's attacking play at left back. Ruben would be solid, no doubt, but getting forward like Lee might be a bit of a problemo. If we're playing JT on the right, two full backs not getting forward might be a bit shitey.

I thought JT got forward a lot and that is what kept Rat-boy quiet... I think JT was out of position an awfull lot too though. I see CT as a better attacking option probably but as said earlier he would inflict most damage coming of the bench.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Balogh

J.Thomson Jonsson Wallace Palazuelos

Suso Kingston Stevenson Driver

Obua Glen

Its time we picked a team and stuck with it.

The balance of this group looked rather good to me on Saturday and they worked extremely hard for each other.

None of them deserves to be dropped for this weeks game.

My opinion of course.

I thought JT got forward a lot and that is what kept Rat-boy quiet... I think JT was out of position an awfull lot too though. I see CT as a better attacking option probably but as said earlier he would inflict most damage coming of the bench.

Yeah I thought he did it quite well, his ball allowing Suso's run to cross for the goal. but Id imagine JT's brief would be stay solid, get forward if you can, but no to far. Where Wallace would be allowed the freedom to bomb on pretty much whenever, as its in his game. With Ruben there his natural instinct to do so might be a little less inclined. I could of course be talking utter pish.

Tommy Wiseau

No need to rush him back IMO.

Johnson and Wallace look our most solid centre back pairing anyway.

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second.

As has been mentioned here, Wallace and Jonsson had good games both, but were completely untroubled by Hibs. It's way too early to make the kind of statement you have, that they are our most solid pairing. Wallace's performance was impressive as a makeshift effort, but I don't want to risk him playing there every week. Playing players out of position is all well and good against third rate shite like the cabbage, but we'll be facing a front pair with a bit of quality this weekend.

If Zaliukas is ready, get him in and push Wallace out to where he is best. Minimal changes required - just Black and Kucharski out for me (through injury), with Suso and Zaliukas in.

wallace has done remarkably well at CH and i would have no qualms about putting him there again but zaliukas remains the best CH at the club. when we are that well covered in the position it makes no sense to start wallace anywhere else but LB.

jonsson is maturing splendidly at CH... proving me wrong in the process. he really is the ideal utility player to have.

wallace has done remarkably well at CH and i would have no qualms about putting him there again but zaliukas remains the best CH at the club. when we are that well covered in the position it makes no sense to start wallace anywhere else but LB.

jonsson is maturing splendidly at CH... proving me wrong in the process. he really is the ideal utility player to have.

Zal offers guidance to whoever is playing alongside him. eg. Kucharski looked good playing with Zal and looked lost paired beside anyone else.

Think Jonsson can only benefit from playing beside him.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Driver & Palazuelos were outstanding on Sat I think everyone acknowledges that. But after playing the full 90mins getting through on adrenaline I think they might need to come off the bench for this one? Don't want them both going straight back to the Physio. Driver looked dead at the end on Sat especially.

JThompson Zal Jonsson Wallace

Templeton Kingston Stevenson Suso

Glen Obua

It really is refreshing to see everyone picking players in a 4-4-2 as that is what JJ & BB are most likely to pick! :thumbsup:

Zal offers guidance to whoever is playing alongside him. eg. Kucharski looked good playing with Zal and looked lost paired beside anyone else.

Think Jonsson can only benefit from playing beside him.

good points. it's not a term i use very often but i think it suits kosovo dave.... bombscare. please get rid JJ.

zaliukas any day of the week and twice on a sunday for moi.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second.

As has been mentioned here, Wallace and Jonsson had good games both, but were completely untroubled by Hibs. It's way too early to make the kind of statement you have, that they are our most solid pairing.

I said they look our most solid pairing. Thats my opinion. I didn't say they ARE our most solid pairing. I don't think it's so unreasonable to say that.

The difference for me about Wallace and Jonnson, is that they have a bit of composure about them. With Zal, no matter how good a game he might be having, I always feel the next blunder moment is just around the corner.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

With Zal, no matter how good a game he might be having, I always feel the next blunder moment is just around the corner.

Still? i have not really felt that way in a while with him, he has come on leaps and bounds, i put it down to nothing other than just him improving as a player, I think he was 22 when he came and he came at a very chaotic time, since then he has just improved, in much the same way as Wallace, Berra, Jonsson and Goncalves etc did.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Still? i have not really felt that way in a while with him, he has come on leaps and bounds, i put it down to nothing other than just him improving as a player, I think he was 22 when he came and he came at a very chaotic time, since then he has just improved, in much the same way as Wallace, Berra, Jonsson and Goncalves etc did.

What's wrong with Eggert & Wallace Mothmush ?

I said they look our most solid pairing. Thats my opinion. I didn't say they ARE our most solid pairing. I don't think it's so unreasonable to say that.

The difference for me about Wallace and Jonnson, is that they have a bit of composure about them. With Zal, no matter how good a game he might be having, I always feel the next blunder moment is just around the corner.

couldn't the same thing be said about virtually every footballer on the planet?

good player... playing really well... may or may not make a mistake at some point in the future.

it's a wonder the lad doesn't get a complex about being willed on to make that next big error.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What's wrong with Eggert & Wallace Mothmush ?

Absolutely nothing wrong with either of them, first picks both of them. I mean that two seasons ago both were getting pelters for not being good enough and they have improved massively, I feel the same way about Zali but just think that some players are easier forgiven than others for poor performances in the past.

PS: Good to see you taking an interest in the 'craft'!

"The lion (Panthera leo) is one of the four big cats in the genus Panthera, and a member of the family Felidae. With some males exceeding 250 kg (550 lb) in weight. "

Guest JamboRobbo

Yep. I realise others see it differently, but I still have the heart in mouth moment when he's battling for the ball in the box, or stretching for a ball he can't afford to miss, or taking a gamble with the ball at the back.

I do agree he's come on as a player. Just one too many **** ups for me.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Absolutely nothing wrong with either of them, first picks both of them. I mean that two seasons ago both were getting pelters for not being good enough and they have improved massively, I feel the same way about Zali but just think that some players are easier forgiven than others for poor performances in the past.

Good.

We start with Eggert & Wallace in the middle of defence, glad you agree :ninja:

Guest JamboRobbo

Yes to an extent. However Zal's had so many so often, it's hard to shake that heart in mouth feeling as described above.

good player... playing really well... may or may not make a mistake at some point in the future.

it's a wonder the lad doesn't get a complex about being willed on to make that next big error.

Why are you willing him on to that next big error? :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The same was done with Jose and now the vultures will be circling and waiting for Obua to dip in form.

(The above slights are not aimed at you JR)

Guest JamboRobbo

The same was done with Jose and now the vultures will be circling and waiting for Obua to dip in form.

(The above slights are not aimed at you JR)

Glad to hear it. I'm one of the few who's said all along that Obua has something to offer. Must admit I did give Jose a bit of stick when he was playing shite though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep. I realise others see it differently, but I still have the heart in mouth moment when he's battling for the ball in the box, or stretching for a ball he can't afford to miss, or taking a gamble with the ball at the back.

I do agree he's come on as a player. Just one too many **** ups for me.

In all honesty, i have my heart in MY mouth every time I see Wallace running backwards looking up and following the ball through the air, it just doesn't seem natural that is all... He has done well but I think Zali has done well there more often and I also think that Wallace and Driver have a great understanding on the left flank.

Good.

We start with Eggert & Wallace in the middle of defence, glad you agree ninja.gif

I would start Zali if he is fit, beside Jonsson and Wallace at left full back in order to utilize the Driver/Wallace partnership that has been denied JJ up until now and which I still see as our most dangerous weapon... Pala was excellent everywhere he played on Saturday but if we play Larry in the centre then I would rather he had Pala with him against rangers as he is likely to lose the ball a couple of times like he did against the Hobos and Ruben will be able to cover.

Glad to hear it. I'm one of the few who's said all along that Obua has something to offer. Must admit I did give Jose a bit of stick when he was playing shite though.

Now thats not strictly true now JR, I had mad drama with yourself and Drylaw a while ago sticking up for Obua in an Obua thread, even Ugandan Jambo was taking it stinking fi yous.

Elliot seems to be in vogue for a stiff doing now that folks have forgotten about him last season tho. These things are cyclical.

Guest JamboRobbo

Now thats not strictly true now JR, I had mad drama with yourself and Drylaw a while ago sticking up for Obua in an Obua thread, even Ugandan Jambo was taking it stinking fi yous.

pish.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

In all honesty, i have my heart in MY mouth every time I see Wallace running backwards looking up and following the ball through the air, it just doesn't seem natural that is all... He has done well but I think Zali has done well there more often and I also think that Wallace and Driver have a great understanding on the left flank.

I would start Zali if he is fit, beside Jonsson and Wallace at left full back in order to utilize the Driver/Wallace partnership that has been denied JJ up until now and which I still see as our most dangerous weapon... Pala was excellent everywhere he played on Saturday but if we play Larry in the centre then I would rather he had Pala with him against rangers as he is likely to lose the ball a couple of times like he did against the Hobos and Ruben will be able to cover.

The Driver/Wallace thing was good but very last season and very Csaba, it was our only weapon, not our most potent.

JJ has a choice this weekend but imo he should stick with what worked against the mutants and get some consistancy going and let Zali and the rest get fit and earn a place, not walk straight back in.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Driver/Wallace thing was good but very last season and very Csaba, it was our only weapon, not our most potent.

JJ has a choice this weekend but imo he should stick with what worked against the mutants and get some consistancy going and let Zali and the rest get fit and earn a place, not walk straight back in.

There is a lot of merit in what you say but and I would not be disappointed by any stretch of the imagination if it pans out like that but I would say that Driver and Wallace will be even better under JJ as he likes to attack down the wings using fullbacks and Wallace is better at that than Pala, plus Driver just seems to instinctively know where his mate is and covers well when Wallace attacks. Pala is more than capable of setting up an attack with a killer pass and defends superbly but i am excited to see Wallace and Driver in a JJ team, I think they will be lethal.

Plus Pala playing killer passes in the middle for a small striker like Glen will cause them problems too and he is great at covering Larry who will more than likely pretend he has been murdered and roll about on the deck every chance he gets, even as the game rages on around him.

Cut The Crap

If Zal's back he should play alongside Jonsson, no question. Zal, for all his many ongoing failings, usually does well in the big games. Wallace back marauding on the left flank. C Thomson is the sexier footballer, but not that much better to justify dropping Jason after his gut-busting display on Saturday.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

There is a lot of merit in what you say but and I would not be disappointed by any stretch of the imagination if it pans out like that but I would say that Driver and Wallace will be even better under JJ as he likes to attack down the wings using fullbacks and Wallace is better at that than Pala, plus Driver just seems to instinctively know where his mate is and covers well when Wallace attacks. Pala is more than capable of setting up an attack with a killer pass and defends superbly but i am excited to see Wallace and Driver in a JJ team, I think they will be lethal.

Plus Pala playing killer passes in the middle for a small striker like Glen will cause them problems too and he is great at covering Larry who will more than likely pretend he has been murdered and roll about on the deck every chance he gets, even as the game rages on around him.

Zali will not be 100% fit, of that there is no doubt.

Is a game against the Orcs the one were you throw him back in.He will be either elbowed in the pus by Marti Pellow or be given the run around by runtface.

Nope, I have decided your talking pish, leave Zali on the bench please Jimmy Jaffacake.

Guest JamboRobbo

Haha Unpish Im afraid, the thread is out there, dinnae make me go looking for that bad boy now!!

go on I dare you. :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Zali will not be 100% fit, of that there is no doubt.

Is a game against the Orcs the one were you throw him back in.He will be either elbowed in the pus by Marti Pellow or be given the run around by runtface.

Nope, I have decided your talking pish, leave Zali on the bench please Jimmy Jaffacake.

As I said, i would not be too disappointed if we did but for me Zali will handle Boyd better, he may well be unfairly punished for having the temerity to beat him in the air a couple of times as Boyd tries to rip his shirt over his head but i thonk his wee flicks back to the keeper are imperative.

This is a nice luxury to have where we are arguing about which good player should play in front of another and either way we will have options. For me the biggest difference between the OF and Hearts has always been strength in depth and I think a lot of people on here miss the point when they talk about players for positions... Often they think that you should have one player for each position and they rip into the one that is not being played at that point, we need them all in order to cope with injuries and to mix up the formation to deal with different teams over the course of the season.

I am glad that we have good players that can fill different positions, ie: Jonsson, Wallace and Ruben.

rossthejambo

As much as I think Wallace and Jonsson are a decent pairing at centre half, playing the 2 of them against Boyd & Miller is just asking for a disaster IMO. I'd much rather have Zali or Jose in there marking Boyd with Jonsson playing alongside.

I'd go with

Balogh

J Thomson Zaliukas/Goncalves Jonsson Wallace

Suso Kingston Black Driver

Glen Obua

Tiberius Stinkfinger

As I said, i would not be too disappointed if we did but for me Zali will handle Boyd better, he may well be unfairly punished for having the temerity to beat him in the air a couple of times as Boyd tries to rip his shirt over his head but i thonk his wee flicks back to the keeper are imperative.

This is a nice luxury to have where we are arguing about which good player should play in front of another and either way we will have options. For me the biggest difference between the OF and Hearts has always been strength in depth and I think a lot of people on here miss the point when they talk about players for positions... Often they think that you should have one player for each position and they rip into the one that is not being played at that point, we need them all in order to cope with injuries and to mix up the formation to deal with different teams over the course of the season.

I am glad that we have good players that can fill different positions, ie: Jonsson, Wallace and Ruben.

I think we should find another forum before we get punted !!

Archived