Transferring from Sky+ to PC....

Mr Sifter

I am lookin to transfer Saturdays derby from my Sky+ box to my PC, but ain't got a clue how to do it.

No mention in the manual, but I notice there is a USB port on the front of the box.

Is it as easy as USB to USB? If so, how do I extract the info once I've connected the box/PC?

Cheers for any info....!

I am lookin to transfer Saturdays derby from my Sky+ box to my PC, but ain't got a clue how to do it.

No mention in the manual, but I notice there is a USB port on the front of the box.

Is it as easy as USB to USB? If so, how do I extract the info once I've connected the box/PC?

Cheers for any info....!

Can't be done, the USB ports are not active.

Cheers

Cheers fir the info folks, looks like I'll have to go down the DVD route. It's a but annoying that you have to watch what you a recording tho. In an ideal world I'd simply be dragging and dropping!!

As an aside, why are their USB ports if they are redundant?

durhamhearts

if you have a dvd recorder, then record it on to a disc and then put it on to the computer.

I hope you haven't used sky+ hd cos you cant t/fer any hd recordings to disc I learnt the hard way got a few games on hd so I now record on normal sky+ and watch in hd

I hope you haven't used sky+ hd cos you cant t/fer any hd recordings to disc I learnt the hard way got a few games on hd so I now record on normal sky+ and watch in hd

Yes you can,don't know what you are doing wrong.

You don't get "HD" quality but it does copy.

The only things you can't copy are box office.

durhamhearts

Yes you can,don't know what you are doing wrong.

You don't get "HD" quality but it does copy.

The only things you can't copy are box office.

Hi I was told by a sky engineer that the resolution on HD is too high and doesn,t record to disc or I,ve just got cheap discs, please believe me i,ve tried plenty times to get the games on disc like you said tho I dont know what i,m doing wrong but i,ll try again with new discs

Hi I was told by a sky engineer that the resolution on HD is too high and doesn,t record to disc or I,ve just got cheap discs, please believe me i,ve tried plenty times to get the games on disc like you said tho I dont know what i,m doing wrong but i,ll try again with new discs

At a guess, maybe the data required to encode it in HD exceeds a standard DVD Disk ?( 4.7gb )

Can you score a double density DVD disk ( or whatever they are called in the shops )and give it a try

At a guess, maybe the data required to encode it in HD exceeds a standard DVD Disk ?( 4.7gb )

Can you score a double density DVD disk ( or whatever they are called in the shops )and give it a try

Don't think it will make any difference

This was recorded on a cheap Tesco DVD-RW disc

(recorded to the dvd recoreder hard disc first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyl2tdDgDGU

Archived