Those who were gutted we didn't sign Ratboy, Stokes or Miller

Therapist

Miller is not good enough to play for Hearts, Ratboy was not and will never be welcome but Stokes would almost certainly have been a good signing.

Miller is not good enough to play for Hearts, Ratboy was not and will never be welcome but Stokes would almost certainly have been a good signing.

I'd prefer not to have someone with his "beliefs" at HMFC, fella.

Disrespectful lowlife, imo.

Stokes would almost certainly have been a good signing.

You're kidding me, right? Stokes is useless as he clearly demonstrated yesterday.

Carl Weathers

Agree with this.

I'd prefer not to have someone with his "beliefs" at HMFC, fella.

Disrespectful lowlife, imo.

No idea what you're talking about.

Sorry.

You're kidding me, right? Stokes is useless as he clearly demonstrated yesterday.

He was completely on his own up front while they launched high balls to him, how much better could he ever have done?

He's not a lone striker and he's not going to win vast amounts of high balls, hoofed up the park.

He has proven himself to be a decent finisher though and that's certainly something we've lacked since Velicka moved on.

Carl Weathers

He was poor yesterday but I've seen him play much better and he's obviously scored a few goals this season and previously at SPL level.

Regular John

Strokes needs Ratboy to function, he never creates any chances for himself or others because his touch, control and holding the ball up is so poor.

Ratboy at the grand old age of 27 looks to be on his last legs, he just isn't up to the pace.

I wouldn't take any of those three at Hearts.

If I was pushed though, only Wotherspoon would possibly add something to our team, the rest are gash.

If I was pushed though, only Wotherspoon would possibly add something to our team, the rest are gash.

I thought he was awful.

The next Ian Murray.

I think Bamba would be better than Kucharski or Bouzid.

Agree with this.

Although he did seem to throw the towel in early doors yesterday.

iscoredatEEP

I have to say that Stokes would have been a good signing he would sort our goal scoring problems out at any rate. but deek is pash and so is miller. Would also take Wotherspoon even though he stank yesterday. Bamba stinks

WeeToonJambo

I thought he was awful.

The next Ian Murray.

I assume you are joking! He was beaten to every high ball by Obua and when the ball was played along the ground he never got near it.

I thought he was awful.

The next Ian Murray.

I think Bamba is terrible and no better than either of them.

Regular John

I thought he was awful.

The next Ian Murray.

Each their own I guess, I think he's alright.

Bamba at CB is far worse than even Kucharski, he never dealt with anything in the air yesterday when we were bombarding them.

If he was played in the old Karipidis defensive midfield role he'd probably be useful.

Each their own I guess, I think he's alright.

Bamba at CB is far worse than even Kucharski, he never dealt with anything in the air yesterday when we were bombarding them.

If he was played in the old Karipidis defensive midfield role he'd probably be useful.

Bamba was pretty pish but I'd still say he was better than Kucharski in any position.

Stokes is a decent player albeit a bit of a pansy.

Miller is a decent player also.

I wouldn't have minded signing either of these players.

Riordan is a great SPL player who I would not want Hearts to ever sign.

Liam "Invisible" Miller has he done anything at all in the 3 derby games he has played.I keep hearing him being a candidate for player of the year but the guy does absolutely **** all in a game.He must be having absolute stormers against **** like Falkirk because he does **** all against the bigger teams.

Liam "Invisible" Miller has he done anything at all in the 3 derby games he has played.I keep hearing him being a candidate for player of the year but the guy does absolutely **** all in a game.He must be having absolute stormers against **** like Falkirk because he does **** all against the bigger teams.

ToadKiller Dog

Ratboy is a looser and a big waste of his once held ability as somebody noted at 27 he looks only fit for the knackers yard .

He was always going to end up back where he started a hero to pond life ,When his career is over in a few years time he will

end up a bigger laughing case than Pishy pants Pat .

Stokes is a decent SPL level poacher no more ,its something we needed at the time he was available so would have welcomed him they but if Glen and Robinson both develop they will pass him by as they are developing there game in a better squad and with a better manager .

I thought he was awful.

The next Ian Murray.

Liam Miller is still a decent player but no more than that. Riordan is and always will be a total fud, as for Stokes, he's scored more goals of his own than all our strikers put together so would still have been a decent signing no matter how poor he played yesterday. Bamba is certainly no better than any of our defenders, he was rank at Dunfermline and made mistake after mistake. How i laughed when he signed for Hibs.

I think yesterday proves it`s about team shape, giving your players confidence and gelling together as a team, no matter how good, bad or ugly your attacking options are.

A good defensive shape can snuff out an attack while your midfield mops up and breaks.

I think yesterday shows what Hearts could become with more options upfront but the key was the team in general working hard. The widemen pushed on and were direct, the forwards kept pulling Hibs about and ruffled them. Hard work is the key.

Hibs had almost all their supposed fantastic forward options on the park but done feck all.

Liam Miller is just another Mikey Stewart to me. Tidy enough on the ball but doesn`t really have an effect on the game. Stokes gives up if he`s having a hard time so he`s not for me. Ratboy? Feck off, overated arsehole. Nish is just a big huddy.

We have a makeshift frontline and we certainly need new faces up there but we can get better than what the Hobos have got ffs. Also, we may see a reinvigorated Gary Glen and of course we have the upcoming Robinson and Smith but they need experience to help them.

linkin- hearts

I agree with that 100%:thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

I don't think anyone was gutted we missed out on those three.

I would only take Stokes out of that lot, 16 goals so far this season. There's little question we could do with someone like that.

I wouldn't want ratboy anywhere near a Hearts shirt and I don't feel Miller is any better than what we already have.

Still no idea what you mean. :huh:

If you're not in the know, you're not meant to know. I find myself in the same position.

Beliefs, eh? If I was interviewing someone to be a minister I'd be interested in their beliefs. For a footballer, I'd be more interested in things like "do you score many goals?"

Still no idea what you mean. :huh:

He did not observe the silence for the war dead, nor did he wear a poppy on his shirt in the first half (albeit he did in the second).

Not the kind of person I'd like at HMFC, as frankly principles and decency matter more to me than having some misguided ****ing ned who can score goals.

There, I said it. Cue a torrent of comments.

He did not observe the silence for the war dead, nor did he wear a poppy on his shirt in the first half (albeit he did in the second).

Not the kind of person I'd like at HMFC, as frankly principles and decency matter more to me than having some misguided ****ing ned who can score goals.

There, I said it. Cue a torrent of comments .

I wasn't aware of either of those things.

When you say he didn't observe the silence, i take it you mean the one at Tynecastle? What exactly did he do?

I wasn't aware of either of those things.

When you say he didn't observe the silence, i take it you mean the one at Tynecastle? What exactly did he do?

Continued his warm up routine, tied his boot laces, jumped up and down.

It might sound petty, but I don't care - it was out of order.

I'd take Stokes, a good honest player, could have easily gone down in the box in the 89th minute and forced a decision from the ref, he did the honest thing and stayed on his feet.

Charlie-Brown

so you wouldnt take stokes??????? :o

He wouldn't be my first choice, decent finisher but lazy lazy player & dubious off field behaviour / profesionalism.

Only a Game

I'd have taken Miller and Riordan when they were good players. Both are way past their best these days. Strange because they are both relatively young.

I'd still take Stokes because he scores goals. He probably wouldnt do much else and we could probably get better if we look hard enough, but he'd do.

None of them are worth being "gutted" over not signing and I dont believe anyone really was. Suits the OP to slate his fellow but lesser fans though.

If Riordan wasn't Riordan id be happy to have a player like that at Hearts. But he's such a little scrout and it'll will never/was never going to happen in all seriousness.

Miller - nah never thanks

Stokes - a few months ago yeah and he could do a job but im not losing any slepp over not having any of these players.

I think Saturday showed that Anthony Stokes would not have transformed our team under Csaba Laszlo because he is a striker that needs to play in a team with two men up top and not just one. He's a very good striker but by making him do a lot of the donkey work as a lone striker you are taking away a lot of his predatory threat and he's nowhere near as effective. Under Laszlo games at home might not have been as bad but I can imagine Stokes in a Hearts top being very insolated in away games when we've relied too much on Nade to cause problems and get us going in attack. I'd still have taken him and he'd have still scored more than any other Hearts player but I don't think we'd have been much better off as a team. Would definitely love him in Jefferies side when we attack more as a team.

As for Liam Miller I'm not so sure now. There is no doubt he had a cracking start to the season for them but their win at Celtic is the only game where he has excelled this year and his performances in all three Edinburgh derbies has left a lot to be desired. Although to be fair we are probably going to lose Stewart and Kingston at the end of the season so I guess I wouldn't mind us signing another centre midfielder of his calibre.

As for Riordan, as I've said all along I've wanted us to sign him because his reasons for coming to us and not them/leaving them would be for money and that would just be the biggest slap in the face and confirm their status as the wee team. Plus if you think we hate him now, I couldn't even imagine the reaction you'd get from the Hibs fans if their golden/rat boy pulled on a maroon jersey.

Hmmmmmm... Then again when I think about it I don't want any of them because they are all Hibs *****.

Archived