The Hobbit

CavySlaveJambo

CavySlaveJambo

In addition to being made into a pair of films (PJ and co are writing). there is a stage play.

In Edinburgh Next week. (Festival Theatre)

Me excited. I love Tolkein. Know chunks of the book of by heart, and don't start on the film prologue.

Know it won't be the same but.....

In addition to being made into a pair of films (PJ and co are writing). there is a stage play.

Me excited. I love Tolkein. Know chunks of the book of by heart, and don't start on the film prologue.

Excellent read, all time classic.

The Hobbit is only going to be the first film. The second film is going to be from various Tolkein works and acts as a bridge between the Hobbit and The LOTR.

I first got into Tolkien through the two animated films when I was young and fell in love with them. I watched them over and over again. I read the books when I was a bit older and still read the Hobbit now and again. When the PJ LOTR came out I was not sure about them, my perceived view of what the cast looked like was completely different from what I was used to, but I grew to love them. I hope del Toro does a decent job with one of my favourite stories.

marshallschunkychicken

The stage show apparently has a few musical numbers.

I'm thinking it could be similar to the animated version of the story. Tolkien loved his singing.

Archived