*shakes head*

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Scouts asked to take off "neckers and woggles" leads to article being number 7th most read on the BBC website.

Mr Kosinski said: "To my horror they said we were going to have to take off our neckers and woggles.

"I said, 'definitely not', I'm a scout and it's part of my identity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8574009.stm

A few things spring to mind. First, what a fecking gimp. Second, what a fecking gimp and third, it's further evidence of the proliferation of the way in which the media driven *******isation of race/gender issues has led to this distillation of what are very real issues to this pathetic idioteque where people claim being asked to remove a woggle is an insult against the very essence of their being. Maybe he's right, maybe he wouldn't have appeared to be enough of a gimp wandering round an over priced supermarket without his "necker."

Furthermore, we're also left with issues that were once "and finally.." items, catering for the people who liked to see Esther Rantzen types with dogs who lift their left leg when your toast is ready now moving into becoming mainstream reportage. I'm not saying this is likely to be the first story on the news at ten, but more and more the quote from Juvenal in my signature rings true. Forget about the banks, forget about the billions in YOUR tax money which is going to pay bonuses to those who created the debt in the first place! Forget about the war!

On top of this we have cretins like this Kosinski guy thinking we actually care; YOU matter, YOU deserve, YOU should expect. It doesn't matter if you're a fat, racist idiot pig, YOU can be the people's princess! Why not play the lottery? It could be YOU!

All of these things are symptoms of the undeniable descent into hell which our society faces.

I guarantee ye its down to Scouts being in the title, folks will automatically assume its down to buggering some kids. Women seem to go mad for the stories of child abuse.

Scouts asked to take off "neckers and woggles" leads to article being number 7th most read on the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ire/8574009.stm

A few things spring to mind. First, what a fecking gimp. Second, what a fecking gimp and third, it's further evidence of the proliferation of the way in which the media driven *******isation of race/gender issues has led to this distillation of what are very real issues to this pathetic idioteque where people claim being asked to remove a woggle is an insult against the very essence of their being. Maybe he's right, maybe he wouldn't have appeared to be enough of a gimp wandering round an over priced supermarket without his "necker."

Furthermore, we're also left with issues that were once "and finally.." items, catering for the people who liked to see Esther Rantzen types with dogs who lift their left leg when your toast is ready now moving into becoming mainstream reportage. I'm not saying this is likely to be the first story on the news at ten, but more and more the quote from Juvenal in my signature rings true. Forget about the banks, forget about the billions in YOUR tax money which is going to pay bonuses to those who created the debt in the first place! Forget about the war!

On top of this we have cretins like this Kosinski guy thinking we actually care; YOU matter, YOU deserve, YOU should expect. It doesn't matter if you're a fat, racist idiot pig, YOU can be the people's princess! Why not play the lottery? It could be YOU!

All of these things are symptoms of the undeniable descent into hell which our society faces.

Fair dinkum but a wee question: if asked to remove your Hearts scarf before entering a pub, what would you do?

The People's Chimp

Fair dinkum but a wee question: if asked to remove your Hearts scarf before entering a pub, what would you do?

Put it in my pocket, as is standard. Heaps of pubs in town don't allow football colours. I wear my scarf to the diggers and if I sit there all day getting stocious then I'll tend to keep my scarf on, if I go into town, then I tend to put it in my pocket.

So, if asked, no, I wouldn't cry about my identity and then run off to the BBC/papers.

Please elaborate. Will there be a webcam?

Spot on. Nothing much to add to any of that.

Please elaborate. Will there be a webcam?

Consumerism on such a wide scale that real news is no longer an issue as the political consciousness of the people has been neutered by said consumerism.

Consumerism IS the news, if that makes sense, life is one big advertisment.

Also the way the media has dumbed down so much now under the banner of "democratisation". Not interested in J Smith of Duney-on-the-wold and his view on whatever whilst watching the news or reading the news. Just tell me what is going on and let me make my own mind up!

Consumerism on such a wide scale that real news is no longer an issue as the political consciousness of the people has been neutered by said consumerism.

Consumerism IS the news, if that makes sense, life is one big advertisment.

I'm looking for ways to get out, maybe create a secret underground. I'll be taking HL Mencken, what else do you recommend?

Regular John

It might have got a bit tasty inside had some Boy's Brigade got a bit nawtee started diggin them out.

I P Knightley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8574009.stm

There was a time when I would have commended this as the finest of fine rants.

However, at that time, I was saddled with an unspeakably grievous affliction which, I now realise, was turning me into a grouch.

Today's new, unencumbered, me says let the cubs live, let the media live, don't worry, be happy.

Private Hudson

Never mind that! Mephedrone's gonnae strangle us all in oor beds! Run for the hills!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

As far as I can see, the only people who need a good kicking are the ^^^^s who run Harrods

Ahh, I see they've bought out the old one size fits all excuse of "health and safety reasons".

Brilliant, whenever you hear that you know it's just being used as a catch-all for someone having no idea why he has done something/barred someone/said no to something etc etc.

Now I can understand "health & safety reasons" if they were playing with moving / rotating equipment. At a push I could even understand it if they were playing with animals who attack dangly things. But walking round a shop? Eh, naw....

Archived