Absolutely.

monkfish1979

monkfish1979

Anybody else remember this? I can remember creasing myself laughing at it when I was in my teens.

watch?v=4W-tX_Bjbo0&feature=related

Anybody else remember this? I can remember creasing myself laughing at it when I was in my teens.

watch?v=4W-tX_Bjbo0&feature=related

Sure they were all hobo t ossers. Was pretty funny though. ;)

Jack Docherty was definately a hobo. I met him at a game once at ER in hospitality, it was not long after he'd started his late night show on Channel 5, I told him that I was his viewer, which he took well to be fair.

I have Absolutely on DVD, copied from old VHS, it's a bit scratchy, but watchable. Cost me a tenner off Ebay ages ago. It available on Virgin TV on demand too.

Apart from there Stoneybridge stuff,cant mind much more about the show.

Just remember him getting "stonnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeybridge " pelters from fellow jambos on the way out

:)

Sure Moray Hunter was a hobo. Did they not all goto Watsons? Sure they had a song re Mikey Weir. :confused:

Wrong.

Moray Hunter sat in front of me at Easter Road for the League Cup semi v Dundee in 96.

He is a Jambo. In fact i believe he is in the picture that bedecks the Gorgie Road end/side of the Wheatfield Stand.

Wrong.

Moray Hunter sat in front of me at Easter Road for the League Cup semi v Dundee in 96.

He is a Jambo. In fact i believe he is in the picture that bedecks the Gorgie Road end/side of the Wheatfield Stand.

Cheers Boris. I stand corrected. :)

Hearts___________________________________________

Dot Allison (Singer - One Dove)

Ron Brown (Politician)

Wattie Buchan (Lead singer of the Exploited)

Findlay Calder (rugby)

Jim Calder (rugby)

Nicky Campbell (Radio 5 Live)

Cicero (singer)

Ronnie Corbett (Comedian)

Mark Donaldson (Radio Forth)

George Foulkes (MP)

Martin Guysler (journalist)

Gavin Hastings (rugby)

Stephen Hendry (Snooker)

Moray Hunter (actor)

Steve Jack (DJ)

John Jeffreys (Rugby)

Bob Johnson (Tyne Tees weather man)

Neil Kinnock (Euro MP)

Kenny Logan (Rugby)

David McLetchie (MSP )

Bob Malcolm (Radio Forth)

John Millar (Journalist)

Eric Milligan (Lord Provost of Edinburgh)

Alan Robb (Radio 1/4)

Andrew Oldcorn (Golfer)

Alex Salmond (Politician)

Ken Stott (Actor - Vice)

John Swinney (MSP)

Alex Trotman (CE Ford Motor Company)

Kirsty Wark (TV Presenter)

Alan Wells (Athletics)

Peter Wright (rugby)

Tom Wilson (Radio Forth DJ)

Scott Wilson (Radio Forth DJ)

Hibs_____________________________________________

Bill Barclay (comedian???)

Malcolm Chisholm (politician)

Eric Clark (politician)

Jack Docherty (TV presenter)

Bernard Gallagher (golfer)

John Gibson (Ed Evening News)

Iain Gray (MSP)

John Leslie (Er...............)

Shirley Manson (Garbage!)

David Martin (MEP)

Brian Montieth (MSP)

Gail Porter (TV presenter)

Chris Reid (musician)

Charlie Reid (musician)

lloyd Quinan (politician)

Findlay Quayle (singer)

John Home Robertson (politician)

Dougray Scott (actor)

Chris Small (snooker)

Fish (musician)

Irvine Welsh (Author Trainspotting)

Kilmarnock_______________________________________

The best two sketches were Stoneybridge and Calum Gilhooley and they were both on every second episode, so you knew that the show would be great one week and just OK the other. Other regular characters were Frank Hovis (a drunk who sat on the toilet), the little girl played by Morwenna Banks 'Yes, I DO know what happens when you go to the hostipal', Denzil and Gwynedd who were the most Welsh couple in the world, the Nice family who were the perfect family and the programme also introduced Mr Don and Mr George who had a bizarre spin-off series. I loved this programme, it was good to hear Edinburgh accents on the telly and was the source of much playground discussion.

Gilberts Fridge

Saw John Sparks who did Frank Hovis as well as Chadwell the strange Welsh lad at the festival one year. Very funny, he now does the voice over for Fireman Sam I believe. How the mighty fall.

Its always good to see McGlashen get some airspace, my favourite professional Scotsman

The best two sketches were Stoneybridge and Calum Gilhooley and they were both on every second episode, so you knew that the show would be great one week and just OK the other. Other regular characters were Frank Hovis (a drunk who sat on the toilet), the little girl played by Morwenna Banks 'Yes, I DO know what happens when you go to the hostipal', Denzil and Gwynedd who were the most Welsh couple in the world, the Nice family who were the perfect family and the programme also introduced Mr Don and Mr George who had a bizarre spin-off series. I loved this programme, it was good to hear Edinburgh accents on the telly and was the source of much playground discussion.

The Niice family!

There is one sketch when the Dad (Jack Doherty iirc) is tying to explain to the kids who Mr Love-pump (pronounced loovay-poomp) and Mrs Bitch-Queen (pronounced beesh-kwan). As it turns out they are the neighbours!!

Calum Gilhooley - "Oh look, Belize bananas. I've been to Belize, but I've never had a banana. Wait the now. That's no right...." and his constant references to James Bond as Davie Bond and Henry Fonda as Henry Honda.

Class.

Absoluely was superb. I particularly remember a Frank Hovis on the Lavatory sketch. I don't thionk I have ever laughed so much. The Stoneybridge sketches were great as well.

Guest sparrieheid
the programme also introduced Mr Don and Mr George who had a bizarre spin-off series.

"All wasps report to the kitchen!"

Wrong.

I can back this up. He used to stand just behind me in the shed. He was also one of the many hundreds, myself included, who were locked out of the 5-0 game at McDermaid Park around '92 but stood outside for the whole 90 mins 'cos you could see one of the goals in between the stands! Quite surreal looking back.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
Cannie seem to find shadwell on youtube!

There are plenty - he's actually spelt Siadwell but both spellings work.

Plus Siadwell was on Naked Video, not Absolutely.

Unless you were thinking of Gwynedd & Denzil :)

Archived