A Likely Story

hughesie27

Going along the lines of ''What have you done while drunk?'' thread heres another one that should get some revealing stories out in the open.

I'll start us off with a story from a couple of years ago. I have an uncle that lives over in spain. He has lived there for about 20 years and unfortunately supports the smaller team from this city. He is a mechanic so over the years has made lots of friends through his customers. One of them is a big guy who gets called Taxi John. He drives a taxi. His name is John.

He lives in spain but once he runs out of money it's back over to the UK to work 18 hours a day for around 3 weeks. Which will pay for him to stay in spain for about 3 months at a time.

Now both my uncle and Taxi were over here for a 50th which gave Taxi an opportunity to meet lots of the family, partners and friends. Afterwards everybody was a bit drunk and came back to the house to do the usual sit and chat into the wee hours. All was fine. They went back over to spain and that was that.

A few months later my brothers girlfriend went down to london for a few days to see the sights and shop. She was walking out of her hotel and called down a taxi. They got talking and the usual chit chat ensued about how busy he was etc. They ended up on the topic of spain and my brothers girfriend mentioned that her other half's uncle stayed over there and owned his own garage, he'd been there for 20 years. At this point the driver, recognising the scottish accent, said ''I have a Scottish mate who owns a garage over in Benalmadena.''

She then simple said ''Is your name Taxi John?''

Of course it was and out of all the thousands of taxis in London and the same short 3 week period he was working she managed to get into the back of his cab. It certainly is a small world.

Now let's have some of yours I'm sure you can do better than me.:wacko:

He wont be in business much longer if he calls his clients that

:)

;) Took me a while to realise that.

Archived