VicTims still moaning about Cadete.

Big D

The Tiny Tims in my work are circulating this stuff as evidence that they are the worst treated Club in Scotland. I need ammunition to blow them apart.

In the context of Scottish Football, pro-corporate bias can be seen in the dedicated efforts to protect the reputation and interests of the sport's governing bodies and its minions by promoting the Establishment line in the face of overwhelming evidence.

It results for example in the vociferous response from the corporate media to Fergus McCann's refusal to walk away from the Jorge Cadete registration scandal, and the outpouring of sympathy for Farry following Celtic's vindication. Despite an independent commission finding beyond doubt that the SFA chief executive deliberately delayed Cadete's registration until after the 1996 Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers, which Celtic lost 2-1, the corporate media took great pains to attribute the event solely to Farry's penchant for officious bureaucracy or a simple personality clash between McCann and Farry.

Farry was the lone gunman on the Park Gardens grassy knoll. The fact that prior to the commission finding the SFA's internal inquiries amazingly came to the inevitable Farry exoneration finding was brushed aside.

Only one newspaper really questioned the lone accidental gunman theory, The Scotsman on 2 March 1999, "A Fall Guy Named Farry", pointed out the impossibility of Farry alone dragging out the investigation process for three years: "At the very least, the office bearers, John McBeth, of Clyde; Chris Robinson of Hearts (both vice-presidents) and George Peat of Airdrie (treasurer), should have insisted on examining all pertinent material and accelerating the process.

Their lack of action is at least the equal of Farry's, even if the chief executive, as the man in charge of administration, was the starting-point for the improper handling of the matter." The article continues: "The former Lord Dervaird, for example, would surely have questioned how internal inquiries into the business at Park Gardens could possibly have exonerated Farry on a previous occasion when the case presented by Celtic proved to be unopposable." A lone voice in the corporate media wilderness, and McCann's summary that the whole episode pointed to an "institutional bias" was of course not given the time of day.

The Tiny Tims in my work are circulating this stuff as evidence that they are the worst treated Club in Scotland. I need ammunition to blow them apart.

In the context of Scottish Football, pro-corporate bias can be seen in the dedicated efforts to protect the reputation and interests of the sport's governing bodies and its minions by promoting the Establishment line in the face of overwhelming evidence.

It results for example in the vociferous response from the corporate media to Fergus McCann's refusal to walk away from the Jorge Cadete registration scandal, and the outpouring of sympathy for Farry following Celtic's vindication. Despite an independent commission finding beyond doubt that the SFA chief executive deliberately delayed Cadete's registration until after the 1996 Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers, which Celtic lost 2-1, the corporate media took great pains to attribute the event solely to Farry's penchant for officious bureaucracy or a simple personality clash between McCann and Farry.

Farry was the lone gunman on the Park Gardens grassy knoll. The fact that prior to the commission finding the SFA's internal inquiries amazingly came to the inevitable Farry exoneration finding was brushed aside.

Only one newspaper really questioned the lone accidental gunman theory, The Scotsman on 2 March 1999, "A Fall Guy Named Farry", pointed out the impossibility of Farry alone dragging out the investigation process for three years: "At the very least, the office bearers, John McBeth, of Clyde; Chris Robinson of Hearts (both vice-presidents) and George Peat of Airdrie (treasurer), should have insisted on examining all pertinent material and accelerating the process.

Their lack of action is at least the equal of Farry's, even if the chief executive, as the man in charge of administration, was the starting-point for the improper handling of the matter." The article continues: "The former Lord Dervaird, for example, would surely have questioned how internal inquiries into the business at Park Gardens could possibly have exonerated Farry on a previous occasion when the case presented by Celtic proved to be unopposable." A lone voice in the corporate media wilderness, and McCann's summary that the whole episode pointed to an "institutional bias" was of course not given the time of day.

Can't for the life of me remember the guy's name, but the guy Hearts tried to sign and weren't given the work permit for who went on to win the foreign player of the year in Russia that same season. The Jason Scotland (now playing in the EPL) debacle when Dutd weren't allowed his work permit.

There are umpteen cases of the SFA acting terribly or at least ineptly toward member clubs, the difference is on the very odd occasion in involves Celtic it's one huge conspiracy against them and solely them rather than us just having a crap governing body. The fact they've had to go back so many years to dig this up - is Farry even still alive!?!!? - shows just how badly they're actually treated.

Can't for the life of me remember the guy's name, but the guy Hearts tried to sign and weren't given the work permit for who went on to win the foreign player of the year in Russia that same season. The Jason Scotland (now playing in the EPL) debacle when Dutd weren't allowed his work permit.

There are umpteen cases of the SFA acting terribly or at least ineptly toward member clubs, the difference is on the very odd occasion in involves Celtic it's one huge conspiracy against them and solely them rather than us just having a crap governing body. The fact they've had to go back so many years to dig this up - is Farry even still alive!?!!? - shows just how badly they're actually treated.

the georgian gogita gogua(sp)

jamboinglasgow

He didn't go on to become Russian foreign player of the year, he was at the time of the appeal Russian foreign player of the year. Have Celtic ever had a appeals for a work permit turned down?

He didn't go on to become Russian foreign player of the year, he was at the time of the appeal Russian foreign player of the year. Have Celtic ever had a appeals for a work permit turned down?

That's even worse!

i doubt Celtic have. What was the name of thon Chinese lad they had who had heehaw track record and right enough was terrible? Got the permit nae tother abaw for him

Colonel Kurtz

If there's a conspiracy against Celtic it's a pretty **** one. How many times have they won the league?

The Cadette case was The SFAS Watergate ,Farry was Richard Nixon

There are actually 4 volumes of Celtic Paranoia ,however the Lennon case and subsequent climb down by The SFA show Celtic know where the bodies are buried.

Given that and the excellent wording of the Statement (copyright J Reid) on their website regarding referees tyhe next few weeks will be interesting.

Old Fergus was paranoid and was alwqays complaining his home phone was being tapped,I sent out an engineer who when the door was answered by the newly installed Mrs Mccann (who was a good bit younger than Mr Mac,asked her "Is your Dad in"?

jambos are go!

Farry thought he was intouchable. The Cadete incident. The SFAs insistence that Duncan Ferguson be charged with assault afer a head butting incident at Ibrox. Finally the 10 match bans handed out to Levein and Hogg after the punch up in the Friendly at Kirkaldy. Those three incidents against 3 big guns spelt the demise of Farry IMO.

Colonel Kurtz

Farry thought he was intouchable. The Cadete incident. The SFAs insistence that Duncan Ferguson be charged with assault afer a head butting incident at Ibrox. Finally the 10 match bans handed out to Levein and Hogg after the punch up in the Friendly at Kirkaldy. Those three incidents against 3 big guns spelt the demise of Farry IMO.

The SFA and Farry had nothing to do with The Duncan Ferguson incident,more to do with an Edinburgh based PF

jambos are go!

The SFA and Farry had nothing to do with The Duncan Ferguson incident,more to do with an Edinburgh based PF

So Duncan Ferguson got the wrong target when he boycotted the SFAs National Team.

ring-of-fire

I echo the sentiments of a recent thread that Celtic Football Club and all associated with them have become the most annoying institution on the planet. I don't think I could have despised them anymore than I did before all of this kicked off but they've managed to stoop to an all time low; which is an achievement.

FTC

To be fair it was a shocking breach of trust from the Scottish games senior academic. Needless to say the other committee members rallied round and fudged it for years...........nothing changes eh.

On the flip side mind you. Some Huns, and some equally 'questionable' Hearts fans, seem to feel that ONE penalty decision, which they deem wrong ( cup final 98 ) wipes the slate clean for 100+ years of bias in favour of themselves and their ugly sister.

Colonel Kurtz

So Duncan Ferguson got the wrong target when he boycotted the SFAs National Team.

His perception was they didnt support him enough

jambos are go!

His perception was they didnt support him enough

It went beyond not supporting him. Rangers were furious. Farry went.

Miller Jambo 60

If there's a conspiracy against Celtic it's a pretty **** one. How many times have they won the league?

I like in 86 when their mates along the road lay down, bunch of aerses.

The SFA's insistence on banning Ferguson whilst the case was on going was Ferguson's main gripe with Farry and the SFA.

I like in 86 when their mates along the road lay down, bunch of aerses.

Correct. And the favour was returned only 3 years later helping st mhirren avoid relegation. Pond life.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Correct. And the favour was returned only 3 years later helping st mhirren avoid relegation. Pond life.

Didn't they do it a month or two later when they sold a couple of players (forget who) for knock down prices?

Probably not,.........but I'll bet they wish they had for some of the dross they signed.

Seymour M Hersh

Brilliant post sir. That should be all the ammo require to shut these halfwits up although I suppose you could throw in Scottish Cups and League cups as well.

Archived