Activating Windows XP

Bob Loblaw

I had to re-install windows on my PC but as I had lost my back up disks borrowed a friends version. This worked fine but the problem is that it says I have 30 days to activate it, which includes entering a 25 digit key. Seeing as I have no key it looks like i'll be back to square one in 30 days time.

So my question is this, does anyone know where I can 'obtain' an activation key which will allow my use of my PC to continue?

OEM ? ie did it come preinstalled when you bought the PC?

If so the windows product key maybe written somewhere on the machine or if its not call whoever you bought it from.

If not then there is dodgy apps out there that can trick windows into thinking its

registered but wont let your windows update work.

Basically you need a genuine key if you want to use ur windows legally and use the updates :sad:

P.S all the dodgy keys you may find on torrents p2p etc are no use to you , windows now has a vast

list of dodgy keys that it recognises :(

OEM ? ie did it come preinstalled when you bought the PC?

If so the windows product key maybe written somewhere on the machine or if its not call whoever you bought it from.

If not then there is dodgy apps out there that can trick windows into thinking its

registered but wont let your windows update work.

Basically you need a genuine key if you want to use ur windows legally and use the updates :sad:

P.S all the dodgy keys you may find on torrents p2p etc are no use to you , windows now has a vast

list of dodgy keys that it recognises :(

Brilliant, cheers mate. After turning my room upside down I had given up hope only to find it was on my PC all the time :oops:

Thanks though, sometimes you need someone to pojnt out the obvious.

Commander Harris
Brilliant, cheers mate. After turning my room upside down I had given up hope only to find it was on my PC all the time :oops:

make sure it's the same version of XP!

for example, a code for XP professional may not work with XP home or vice versa.

make sure it's the same version of XP!

for example, a code for XP professional may not work with XP home or vice versa.

It is mate, both XP home.

Ha ha nice one ;)

Sexton Hardcastle

If oyu need to change a licensce key you need to choose the option to activate by phone and re enter it in there. and then it should say your version is already activated.

scottishguy

look online for the american student serial key that is used in uni's and colleges over there,,works on all versions of xp, then get a program called "Make windows genuine" and you can get all the updates no probs,

;)

Archived