JKB POTY awards - Information and question

portobellojambo1

Would you support a JKB-POTY night out  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you support a JKB-POTY night out

portobellojambo1

I, and my predecessor Alloway Jambo, had been gently pushing the previous board ownership to put up an award for the person we voted our POTY, however with everything that was happening in the background this lost impetus.

However the new administration team on the board and I have been in conversation lately, and we are now in a position to offer a presentation to the POTY, and possibly expand it and make a presentation to the young POTY as well.

I have also been in touch with HMFC to get input from them with regard to the best means of presenting this award, and to ensure player availability.

Two options are available to us, one is to make the presentation up at Riccarton, the other is to have a night out similar to those organised by Supporters Clubs for their POTY do, i.e. players come along for the presentation(s) (and are then happy to do the usual round of photos/autographs etc.), there is a disco, and a buffet on offer, and usually a "healthy" amount of alcohol is consumed.

Obviously for the second option to be worthwhile it would have to be supported by the members of the board. This thread is to try and gauge that interest. Location, format of the night and ticket pricing are still under discussion (and before anyone asks if there is a raffle I will not be involved (either as an entrant or a prize !!!)) and will be advised if there is sufficient support.

Would the members be interested in supporting a night out (at the moment the nights under discussion are 23 and 30 May, with 23 May 2008 being the preferred option at this time) to make it worth proceeding with.

Simple poll with only two options, either YES, you would be interested or NO, you would not.

MODS - Not sure if the administration team would like this set up as a sticky or not (have set it up to run for three days just to gauge interest), I will leave it to you to decide if it should just run on the board as a general thread or should be stickied.

The Old Tolbooth

You'd need big bouncers on the door of that event! :D

I'm up for it though, the night out that is, not the bouncing!

Two options are available to us, one is to make the presentation up at Riccarton, the other is to have a night out similar to those organised by Supporters Clubs for their POTY do, i.e. players come along for the presentation(s) (and are then happy to do the usual round of photos/autographs etc.), there is a disco, and a buffet on offer, and usually a "healthy" amount of alcohol is consumed.

Obviously for the second option to be worthwhile it would have to be supported by the members of the board. This thread is to try and gauge that interest. Location, format of the night and ticket pricing are still under discussion (and before anyone asks if there is a raffle I will not be involved (either as an entrant or a prize !!!)) and will be advised if there is sufficient support.

I voted no. :hae36:

I know that sounds nuts. JKB is pleased to support and sponsor a POTY award based on the regular MOTM polls. Personally, I think the night out is a great idea if there's enough interest. It's just that I almost certainly won't be able to go. :sad:

Anyway, vote, post and tell us what you think. And thanks to portobellojambo1 (and to AllowayJambo before him) for organising the weekly MOTM polls.

Archived