Was the pitch to blame?

tcjambo

Looked to me like Kucharski was nursing his hip

the pitch can't have helped matters though, by bro told me that JJ said in the pre-match interview that the team lineup was made partly down to the state of the pitch

The pitch is on par with Fir Park, an absolute disgrace to a professional sport. I think the injuries picked up today were down to the heavy pitch.

portobellojambo1

I didn't actually see what happened to Kucharski so no idea how it was caused. With Zaliukas I don't think the injury was caused by the pitch. The ball was played down the line and it was a straight chase between Zaliukas and Aberdeen player. Midway through chasing the ball Zaliukas appeared to visibly slow up, and then reach down and grabbed at his hamstring area. I think the injury had already been done before he eventually went down on the goal line, and may have been an existing problem rather than something caused by the park.

I've a feeling our training methods and environment or both are partly to blame too, we seem to pick up far more injuries than other teams.

Guest juvehearts

i just think its unlucky,

pitch is bad, but like i keep saying its one of the worst winters on record.

what do you expect a carpet every game?

Mikey Gardiner

definetly down to the pitch. Zaliukas wnet down earlier after getting his studs stuck in the heavy pitch not sure he recovered from that.

Do wonder if training indoors all week due to the weather affects some players more.

maybe, Aberdeen were probably better conditioned to it as they have been training on it apparently, which probably doesn't help the state of it

maybe, Aberdeen were probably better conditioned to it as they have been training on it apparently, which probably doesn't help the state of it

On Hearts World, JJ was saying that they had hoped to use Tynecastle but it would have killed the pitch.

Maybe with Aberdeen struggling McGhee felt it was worth the risk to try and give them some much needed confidence.

Pitch was a disgrace though, like watching match of the day in the 70's.

On Hearts World, JJ was saying that they had hoped to use Tynecastle but it would have killed the pitch.

Maybe with Aberdeen struggling McGhee felt it was worth the risk to try and give them some much needed confidence.

Pitch was a disgrace though, like watching match of the day in the 70's.

Worse I'd say, in the 70s it was mud but that pitch today was probably 50% mud and 50% sand which made it brittle and break up easier meaning the players couldn't get a decend foothold

Was the pitch to blame?

For What?

Us winning 1-0 against the sheep.

Or are you trying to say the reason the sheep lost against the Famous was the fault of the pitch?

Get a grip

We loose and it's the fault of the pich.

Or we win and it's the fault of the pitch

FFS Some folk are never happy..

FACT.

Was the pitch to blame?

For What?

Or are you trying to say the reason the sheep lost against the Famous was the fault of the pitch?

Get a grip

FACT.

Handy hint for the future, when replying to a thread it is usually a good idea to actually read it first :thumbsup:

Miller Jambo 60

The pitch is on par with Fir Park, an absolute disgrace to a professional sport. I think the injuries picked up today were down to the heavy pitch.

TBH mate i thought it was worse, was that sand, cos there was nae grass.

The dons are tight , and should be fined for that joke of a park.

And injured more players today than Larry on that wee cheat,

Anyway Magoo your finished cos yer a pap.

And RED ULTRAS right roond yes.

Doug.whistling.gif

The pitch was bad , but the same for both teams.

As for zal injury , that mclean didnt help wi pulling him round and to the ground, another thing the ref missed.Sure he booked mulroony for less after 5 mins on the pitch.

Miller Jambo 60

Was the pitch to blame?

For What?

Get a grip

FACT.

Was not the way he was thinking my friend, im sure like me the poster is thriving on the win tonight.

Chill bud, remain calm.

The new Doug.

portobellojambo1

In relation to the state of Pittodrie I think a lot of the blame for not only their surface, but others in the SPL (I even noticed at Tynecastle last week that our own pitch is beginning to look a bit the worse for wear, nowhere near as bad as some but getting pretty bare) is possibly self inflicted, and not purely down to our Winter.

Clubs tend to go in for laying rolls of grass now, which often tend not to get a lot of time to bed in before they are getting used regularly. The root system is therefore not as strong as in an area where the grass has been growing for a number of years for example. Outwith the normal cycle of Scottish weather you then get occasions where really hard frost and/or snow occurs. At such times clubs then switch to using undersoil heating, and I think it is here they go wrong. Presumably for financial reasons they seem to misuse this system. Rather than running it a reasonable and lower temperature throughout a prolonged period, to prevent frost actually penetrating through the top surface they seem to just put it on full blast for a few hours before a game Although I ain't no gardener, I suspect they end up doing more damage, by destroying the root system even further, resulting in the surface falling to pieces (Christ I'm beginning to sound like Percy Thrower).

maybe should've played at a neutral venue like meggetland, better condition than that ploughed field in furry boot city

The pitch was done after just the warm-up!

Hope Big Zal and Dawid recover quickly, can't do without Zal IMO, and Dawid seems to be coming on to a game :thumbsup:

Archived