We would never have won that game under Csaba

Benzinho

At 0-0 and down to ten men with a makeshift defence Csaba would have gone completely defensive and made no attempt win the game whatsoever.

It was so refreshing to see us with 2 strikers still on the park in Mole and Elliott and the team still being encouraged to push forwards when they could.

I'm the first to get tore into Slaver Laszlo, but that game today is very similar to the St Mirren game last season, when Jonsson scored the winner with 10 men. That result pushed us on to take third. Same again would be lovely thanks.

Can you imagine reading this about a Lazlo game:

Despite the numerical disadvantage Hearts continued to attack where possible, although the closing stages saw them pinned back. They played with only nine men for a short period as Wallace departed to have a head wound bandaged, but their resolve was clear to see. Aberdeen never looked capable of scoring and finished with their seventh home league defeat of the season and their eighth consecutive match without victory.

I'm the first to get tore into Slaver Laszlo, but that game today is very similar to the St Mirren game last season, when Jonsson scored the winner with 10 men. That result pushed us on to take third. Same again would be lovely thanks.

spot on. mind u, today we were never really under the cosh, in part because the players still tried to get forward, even in the final seconds when we had a 3 on 2 and with a bit more composure we might have had a second goal....

Son Of Anarchy

spot on. mind u, today we were never really under the cosh, in part because the players still tried to get forward, even in the final seconds when we had a 3 on 2 and with a bit more composure we might have had a second goal....

I agree we would never have won that game under Laslo. Great to see 2 strikers on the pitch even 2 that are dross.We deserved that win,simple as that!

sry read title never read any replies or orignal post......negativity GTF 3 games 9 points, Csaba is in the past no matter how you feel about the man.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbf, we're missing Kello, Thomson, Jose, Bouzid, Driver, Black and Robinson, arguably Nade. That's 8 who you could call first team regulars this season. Once w eget more players back, the quality should hopefully go up.

Arthur Morgan

Nah, there was something different about today's game although it wasn't a pretty game, the pitch didn't help did it. The players seem to have much more fight in them and actually look bothered, i had a feeling we could get the goal if we wanted to and we did.

The White Cockade

Some people don't half slaver some nonsense

"Useless" Csaba took us to third last season and 99% of people here hailed him as the messiah

This season he was the worst ever

The truth is that he was an average coach coaching a poor team and last season we over achieved or were lucky

This season he knew we had to improve the standard of the squad but fell out with Vlad over it and it all turned to sh*t

as he either lost focus or gave up

We were rubbish last season and somehow ground out results and we have been gash this season

I am hopeful JJ will do a good job for us and it does look as though we have a bit of fight back but we are a long

way from being a good team and I think fifth is the highest we can realistically aim for

We have won 3 games on the trot but tbh it was against 3 rank rotten teams

Hopefully the Vladman will back JJ in the summer and treat us to 2 or 3 good signings and then we can chase third next year

Agreed. Eggy also played centre half that game too.

"Useless" Csaba took us to third last season and 99% of people here hailed him as the messiah

The truth is that he was an average coach coaching a poor team and last season we over achieved or were lucky

This season he knew we had to improve the standard of the squad but fell out with Vlad over it and it all turned to sh*t

We were rubbish last season and somehow ground out results and we have been gash this season

I am hopeful JJ will do a good job for us and it does look as though we have a bit of fight back but we are a long

way from being a good team and I think fifth is the highest we can realistically aim for

Hopefully the Vladman will back JJ in the summer and treat us to 2 or 3 good signings and then we can chase third next year

I get alot of what yer saying MT but 3 wins is just that, no matter who it is. The SPL isn`t exactly bursting with quality so to say it was just 3 wins against 3 rank rotten sides is demeaning Hearts. Its exactly these games were we have been dropping points recently, something we never used to do as regularly as we have been lately.

Even though we have some way to go to be a more quality side todays performance had one key ingredient and that was persistence and fighting ability. We lacked that early on in the season. JJ knows we had to start showing this first before anything else in games and our goal came about from a new found determination to get bodies in the box , something we weren`t doing under Csaba.

This simple tweak of the team has shown Hearts are just as good as anyone else outside the OF and imo JJ has a good squad to initially work with. Two good forwards and we`ll be a far more destructive side.

What we shouldn`t forget is the injuries and constant changes JJ has had to make game to game since he`s came in.

Well done Hearts.

We had a talisman in Aguiar last season when we finished 3rd and it was no surprise that Laslo becried his departure or for the equally important Karapidis.

We got an avoidable doing in Zagreb - VR would have bollocked CL for that one and rightfully so imo.

Then the public bemoaning of lack of quality strikers, slagging off players in public, formations, substitutions and selections, the public whoring himself to available posts, etc, etc.

CL was a complete tool - There were posts around his bad attitude at a shareholder's dinner (which was very early in the season!) although response posts decided to dwell on taking the p*** out of those that heard it and deemed sad enough to update on this site from phones.

If he demonstrated such an attitude in that public arena, God only knows what he was saying in the dressing room!!

I agree with OP - We would neverhave won that game under CL.

I don't agree that the performance was Csaba-esque - the pitch condition, the enforced defensive tinkering - Balogh returning upsetting the rhythm further - new and old injuries - an Aberdeen desparate not to lose rather than win was more Csaba-esque.

Despite nothing to get excited about since our cup exit against St Mirren (unless we somehow catch up on 3rd)I have actually started to enjoy myself at games again. The simplistics of what we have been demanding are back in terms of formations, subs, player selection, etc.

That with some fresh faces in summer, my appetite will be up for 2010/11!!

Tbf, we're missing Kello, Thomson, Jose, Bouzid, Driver, Black and Robinson, arguably Nade. That's 8 who you could call first team regulars this season. Once w eget more players back, the quality should hopefully go up.

Pala?

1. A poor team who over achieved? Are you aware that this "poor team" had players like Berra, Driver, Aguiar, Karipidis, Neilson, Stewart, Jonsson and Wallace in it - all players who would walk into almost every side in the league outwith the OF (and in some cases including the OF)? I've given Laszlo plenty credit for what he achieved last season, but let's not kid ourselves that it was miraculous, or that he was working with a group of utterly gash players. It wasn't, and he wasn't.

2. 3 wins on the bounce with 2 clean sheets and 6 goals is good stuff whoever it's against. No-one's kidding on that we're a fantastic unit these days, but you can't dispute that things are looking better now that JJ's starting to get his ideas across.

3. The chase for third is far from over yet. Not with two derbies to come and Hibs looking ropey. Optimism young padawan!

At 0-0 and down to ten men with a makeshift defence Csaba would have gone completely defensive and made no attempt win the game whatsoever.

It was so refreshing to see us with 2 strikers still on the park in Mole and Elliott and the team still being encouraged to push forwards when they could.

Absolute rubbish. It was a great result today and mirrored the sort of result Laszlo's team ground out - but however you set up the team the bottom line is that WE STILL NEED STRIKERS. Same as last season the goals are coming from full backs, midfielders, physios and girls from the office....anyone but a striker. Obua has played up front but is not a striker. Let's be clear about one thing - JJ is incapable of doing anything that Laszlo would not have done. He may well get more out of some players but a new manager quite often has that affect. His handling of the Goncalves and Kingston situations has been shameful as far as I'm concerned. They are both in the same contractual situation but one has treated the club with total disrespect

while the other has been our best player of the season. Which one has he harangued and which one has he tiptoed round? Bizarre!!

The crunch will come again in the summer when JJ wants to take us up another level - in common with the last 6 transfer windows, he will not be supported. Romanov can tolerate a limited amount of success - but when you cross that line and take things further then the axe falls. There are numerous ex-employees who can testify to that!

La

whil

Disagree Enzo(not the striker bit). JJ has clearly refreshed the players attitude towards football and while we haven`t suddenly changed into an attacking force, the general nature of the team has changed.

What`s been strikingly obvious is the way the midfielders are pushing up the park and getting into the box. Last week we had 4 players waiting to nod in Stevensons cross. Two of the goals v Falkirk came from Suso getting into the box and having bodies in there mixing it up to create breaks, and Blacks one came from being pushed up and capitialising on slack play. Todays goal came from Jonsson taking a chance and there must have been wnother 3 or 4 bods in around the play.

Also, what has been a relief is that we don`t look like we are hanging on to leads as much. Even today we looked solid with 10 men and Balogh had nowt to do.

I disagree. Csaba would have gone completely defensive BEFORE the game kicked off. We'd have went up there for a draw against a awful Aberdeen side. I'm delighted to see the back of Lazlo, never took to him or his style of play.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

thanks god you never got your way and he stayed.

Don't recall ever saying I wish Csaba was still the manager but don't let a simple thing like that get in the way or your blatant trolling Victorianus.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

His handling of the Goncalves and Kingston situations has been shameful as far as I'm concerned. They are both in the same contractual situation but one has treated the club with total disrespect

Surely every Jambo knows that the treatment of Concalves is simply Romanov trying to leverage him into signing a deal. It's how Romanov does business, that's all. It's got sod all to do with Jeffries other than he has to front it up to the media.

There's no point in anyone getting too excited about the different treatment of players. Other players who are out of contract in the summer are simply not as valuable an asset when it comes to resale value. That's why they can play because they can be replaced easily. Concalves is worth a few million over the next year or two if we sign him. Vlad is simply trying to squeeze Jose's options. It's crude but if it works it is worthwhile. If it doesn't, it's no loss because he was leaving anyway.

Don't recall ever saying I wish Csaba was still the manager but don't let a simple thing like that get in the way or your blatant trolling Victorianus.

never suggested you said that. you did however back him while he was still here making a cobblers of things. you must feel daft now.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

never suggested you said that. you did however back him while he was still here making a cobblers of things. you must feel daft now.

Your right, I did back the manager, am I bad ?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

yes. the man was and is a lunatic.

He is NOT the manager anymore so I can't really see what point your trying to make other than its a crime to back the manager.

I feel the manager of Heart of Midlothian FC deserves more respect than that, no matter who that may be.

Surely every Jambo knows that the treatment of Concalves is simply Romanov trying to leverage him into signing a deal. It's how Romanov does business, that's all. It's got sod all to do with Jeffries other than he has to front it up to the media.

There's no point in anyone getting too excited about the different treatment of players. Other players who are out of contract in the summer are simply not as valuable an asset when it comes to resale value. That's why they can play because they can be replaced easily. Concalves is worth a few million over the next year or two if we sign him. Vlad is simply trying to squeeze Jose's options. It's crude but if it works it is worthwhile. If it doesn't, it's no loss because he was leaving anyway.

Completely disagree.

It may be novel, but I think that Jefferies is treating each player individually and, from talking to the players, believes that Kingston will give his all and Goncalves will not.

Just because it is Hearts and just because we have Romanov is not enough reason for it to always be a conspiracy theory.

He is NOT the manager anymore so I can't really see what point your trying to make other than its a crime to back the manager.

I feel the manager of Heart of Midlothian FC deserves more respect than that, no matter who that may be.

ordinarily yes i would agree with that however in my humble opinion he showed great disrespect to the position and the fans by taking part in a personal battle with romanov at the expense of results.

should people bite their tongues about a failing manager just because he happens to be the manager? i don't see why they should.

Each case is different.

As far as I'm aware, out of the list of out of contract players, Jose is the only one who has been offered a new deal as they want him to stay. Others might be offered new deals as time goes on, if they refuse a new deal, they will be left out as well.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

ordinarily yes i would agree with that however in my humble opinion he showed great disrespect to the position and the fans by taking part in a personal battle with romanov at the expense of results.

should people bite their tongues about a failing manager just because he happens to be the manager? i don't see why they should.

I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball, perhaps you should have started a protest.

Thought refreshing to see forwards and midfield chasings down

csaba imo would have tried to close shop

Thank you - Jim Jeff and backroom boys

Yeah I think you are right, any hearts player lucky enough to get the ball anywhere near midfield area would obviously pass back to the keeper, choice of two, theirs or ours.

Archived