tsunami in chile

ASSASSIN

maroonlegions

Going to be messy, I see that Australia is on tsunami watch for tomorrow, our son lives in Coogee which is a coastal area.

IDY68005.png

Hope this is helpful mate and i hope your son is safe, it looks like this tsunami will fad out before it reaches Australia , my wife has some relatives in Chile and is concerned just now.This image and prediction chart is from the Australian tsunami warning centre.Try not to worry too much mate, all the best.

Need Emergency Advice? Please listen to your local radio and TV announcements or call 1300 TSUNAMI (1300 878 6264) for latest warning information. For emergency assistance, call your local emergency authority on 132 500

link.http://www.bom.gov.au/tsunami/nt_alerts.shtml

maroonlegions

_47385740_008854488-1.jpg

Tsunami travel times: National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration.

Nations around the Pacific Ocean are on full alert as a tsunami triggered by a 8.8 magnitude earthquake in central Chile brings higher than normal waves.

Tsunami warnings have been sounded in an area affecting about a quarter of the globe.

Waves have spread from the epicentre of quake and may strike land bordering the Pacific in the next 24 hours.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8540742.stm

Here is the predicted tsunami as it spreads from the epicentre , looks like it will NOT be life threatening or damaging for these pacific country's.

IDY68005.png

Hope this is helpful mate and i hope your son is safe, it looks like this tsunami will fad out before it reaches Australia , my wife has some relatives in Chile and is concerned just now.This image and prediction chart is from the Australian tsunami warning centre.Try not to worry too much mate, all the best.

Need Emergency Advice? Please listen to your local radio and TV announcements or call 1300 TSUNAMI (1300 878 6264) for latest warning information. For emergency assistance, call your local emergency authority on 132 500

link.http://www.bom.gov.au/tsunami/nt_alerts.shtml

He phoned 10 minutes ago to say that the alarms have gone off in Coogee and he thought that it was a shark warning but the loudspeakers are saying that they are expecting it to hit soon and people were to get off the beach and foreshore. David is heading inland.

He phoned 10 minutes ago to say that the alarms have gone off in Coogee and he thought that it was a shark warning but the loudspeakers are saying that they are expecting it to hit soon and people were to get off the beach and foreshore. David is heading inland.

I wouldnae worry. The waves would have to be huge to even make it up onto the road. Would probably avoid swimming for the next wee while, though.

I have family in Hawaii sad.gif

Currently watching CNN's coverage. They certainly seem pretty well prepared, which should hopefully avoid any lives being lost. They were saying some nutter was still swimming in the ocean a wee while ago!

I wouldnae worry. The waves would have to be huge to even make it up onto the road. Would probably avoid swimming for the next wee while, though.

I realise that but it still doesn't stop a parent worrying about their 28 year old son!!!

That'll be a big relief for you and your family, Im sure everything will be ok. :thumbsup:

Currently watching CNN's coverage. They certainly seem pretty well prepared, which should hopefully avoid any lives being lost. They were saying some nutter was still swimming in the ocean a wee while ago!

Looking at the Bondi and Manly webcams there are still people in the water!!!!

Aye I'm watching it too. They got woken at 6am from the sirens and have been evac'ing to the other side of the island since then, and we spoke to them on the phone not long ago and they seem fairly calm, kids are panicked though.

I'm sure they'll be fine. All the best to everyone else.

I realise that but it still doesn't stop a parent worrying about their 28 year old son!!!

Aye, fair dues. Just trying to reassure you. I used to live there so know the lay-out of the beach, etc.

Aye I'm watching it too. They got woken at 6am from the sirens and have been evac'ing to the other side of the island since then, and we spoke to them on the phone not long ago and they seem fairly calm, kids are panicked though.

I'm sure they'll be fine. All the best to everyone else.

Fox News here in the US actually have better camera angles, but I cannae stand watching it for more than about 30 seconds. All Obama's fault, no doubt.

Aye, fair dues. Just trying to reassure you. I used to live there so know the lay-out of the beach, etc.

Cheers mate, I was there last year, my son lives in Brook Street. Where did you stay?

Cheers mate, I was there last year, my son lives in Brook Street. Where did you stay?

Waltham Street, round the corner from the Crowne Plaza.

Waltham Street, round the corner from the Crowne Plaza.

Amazing two Jambos living metres away from each other at the other side of the world.

Amazing two Jambos living metres away from each other at the other side of the world.

I currently live 5000 miles in the other direction from Edinburgh and sit within 5 yards of not one, but two Jambos in my office at work.

I currently live 5000 miles in the other direction from Edinburgh and sit within 5 yards of not one, but two Jambos in my office at work.

A big earthquake has now also hit Argentina, apparently not an aftershock from the Chilean tremor.

I was goiong down to Bondi today, but the weather's not that great and apparently there are too many folks hanging around there to look for the waves - the beach was closed earlier. No big waves expected, but some tidal disturbances.

Any tsunami that took out the Coogee Bay pub would be doing the world a favour! :angel:

maroonlegions

Glad to hear he is heading inland mate, he will be fine. :thumbsup:

Archived