Romanov interview - what it would take to make everyone happy........

Greenbank2

This was e-mailed to me this afternoon and can see no reason why it cant be in the public domain. Nothing sensational mind you.

What is the up to date position regarding the appointment of a new Manager and can you give assurances that he will have full autonomy on team matters?

Well, I can tell you as an exclusive, but keep it quiet. we have a press conference on Saturday morning, and just before the match at 2:45, Jose Morinho will be introduced as our new manager with Craig Levein as his assistant. Jose is going to work for us on a pro-bono basis because he feels it's time to "give something back to the community". He is moving to Edinburgh as his wife fell in love with a nice house in Merchiston and his kids will attend George Watson's. He is committed to the club for the duration of their education, which is expected to be 20 years. Or until we sack him.

If a Manager is not appointed within the current transfer window, will you trust and follow up on Steven Frail?s recommendations regarding transfer targets?

Yes. Steve has been sent round to the Gorgie branch of the TSB and lodge a 50m deposit which I've told Jose he must spend by the close of this transfer window to secure an increase in his budget for next season.

Do you agree that there is too much quantity at Tynecastle and not enough quality and that this is stifling the progress of younger players development?

Agree. So we're going to use the excess labour to bring free pies and bovril to each of you in your seats during matches. As an exercise is character development, we're going to send the younger players round to your homes each week to wash and polish your cars.

What do you regard as success for the rest of this season?

We'll win both cups. But if we don't, I'll organise a pre-season European tour with free travel for every season ticket holder.

What is the up to date position regarding the development of the new stand?

Formal planning application will be submitted to the City of Edinburgh Council on Wednesday of this week. The new two tier 10,000 seat structure will incorporate administration offices, commercial office space, residential apartments and state of the art conference and banqueting facilities. There will also be leisure facilities, hotels, bars, restaurants, a gymnasium and a new club store built on the site.

How will the development of the Main Stand be financed? Will any debt be added to Heart of Midlothian Football Club?s balance sheet or will the project be financed by UBIG? If the latter, will ownership of the Stadium or just the new buildings transfer to UBIG?

I'm going to bring-in every available tradesman from Lithuania who will work to complete the project and I'll pay. Then I'll send them round to any of your homes where they will be available to complete home extensions, small building projects, etc at very competitive prices. The new stand will be called the "Graham Weir, Four-Two and you ****** it up" stand.

At Annual General Meetings we have been told that we should not be concerned about the Club?s debt as it is to other group companies. Our understanding is that the majority shareholding in HMFC is held by UBIG, an unquoted company. According to the Offer Document for the takeover of HMFC, your shareholding is 70.05% of UBIG.

However, the debt, as of last year?s accounts, is split between UBIG and Ukio Bankas. The latter is quoted and although you are the largest shareholder, you own less than half of the shares.

Can we be sure that the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas are happy with its exposure to HMFC?

There is no need whatsoever to worry about the level of debt. I've arranged to win the EURO MILLIONS jackpot for each of the next 5 weeks which will pay off any debt, with the surplus being distributed to season ticket holders.

Can you categorically deny the rumours that HMFC / Ukio Bankas are set for administration?

Errr, let me think about that for a minute.......alright, I deny it.

While development of the new stand is taking place, where do you see the Club playing?

We're going to purchase and dismantle Easter Road stadium, do a paint job, reconstruct it in Saughton Enclosure and make entry free until the new stadium is complete. All derby matches will be played there because Leith Links (new home of HFC) will be unsuitable.

Where do you see the Club in 5 years time?

Winning.

We have noticed that neither yourself nor Roman have been attending matches at Tynecastle.

Is there any particular reason for this?

you must excuse Roman over the past few weeks. he has had a bad cold and an irritable cough. I decided to keep him home as I didn't want to spread infection amongst you my beloved charges. Roman will be back as soon as he's well but will have to wear a warm vest and woolly hat. no he can't come out to play

What would it take to make me happy?

Quite simple.

Appoint a manager with full control.

Appoint a British Chairperson who understands the market place.

Appoint a permanent CEO.

Explain clearly how a proposed debt of ?81 (approx) will be paid off by the new stand without saying the words "I'm rich", "trust me" or "its no problem".

I don't need him to say "Jose Morinho" or "Rodney wears woolly hats" but just need him to do the simple things of a football club to keep me happy.

What would it take to make me happy?

Quite simple.

Appoint a manager with full control.

Appoint a British Chairperson who understands the market place.

Appoint a permanent CEO.

Explain clearly how a proposed debt of ?81 (approx) will be paid off by the new stand without saying the words "I'm rich", "trust me" or "its no problem".

I don't need him to say "Jose Morinho" or "Rodney wears woolly hats" but just need him to do the simple things of a football club to keep me happy.

_889758_woosh_150.jpg

Archived