Who will win the World Cup in South Africa 2010?

scott_jambo

And do you think the World Cup will be a success?

Possibly the best mascot I have ever seen, so it bolds well. They should give it a wee gun or AK to make it feel more like Jo'burg.

Zakumi.jpg

Well, better than Tip & Tap at least! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_mascot

I think Spain will win it with all the usual suspects there or there abouts.

I'm dreading those horns though!

don't know who'll win it, but i know who wont, scotland,

You mean Scotland didnt qualify? Is this another Peebles exclusive?

How is Burley anyway? He's doing well this season, I think Ipswich will get Europe.

Anyone But England

ninja.giflaugh.gif

This is the correct answer to the question. No need for this thread to continue Mods. thumbsup.gif

One of Spain, England or Brazil, IMO.

I hope Argentina win, with them beating England on the way. Complete with a Ravenneli-like celebration from Maradona, with his big fat junkie belly right in Bo Capello's stupid face.

Hopefully Tevez sticks a mobile right up Ashley Cole's a***hole too since every story seems to involve himself and mobile phones.

The technoligical revolution hasnt been kind to Cashley. He almost crashed his car y'know. £65,000 a week. Under appreciated.

Hannibal Lecter

I think it will probably be Spain, if not them then Brazil. I'll just be happy as long as our Southern neighbours England don't win it. Couldn't be bothered listening to their commentators go on about it for nearly the next 50 years.

Guest GhostHunter

Never rule out Italy, they know how to bribe refs better than anyone ;)

Impressive.

Did you type that with your feet ?

:ninja:

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Hopefully Ghana, without LK playing as he didnt get selected due to lack of first team action with Hearts.

Aye put your country first now you workshy airse, now pack your bags and **** off.

The Old Tolbooth

Impressive.

Did you type that with your feet ?

:ninja:

:lol:

Its only one arm that's broken mate, although its a pain typing one handed again, I feel like I'm just starting out with a pc all over again! :wacko:

I think Spain. I'll be supporting England, as I'd like to see them do well and I think the semi-finals would be better with them.

Maybe a Spain - Germany final, would be quite a good game I think.

is there any outsider's that have a chance then? Could this be the year in which an outsider team gets to a final?

Any no mark teams have a chance? England possibly.

I think the USA and Algeria will get past the 1st round.

Australia looked good at the last world cup, Serbia and Denmark too.

Guest GhostHunter

:lol:

Its only one arm that's broken mate, although its a pain typing one handed again, I feel like I'm just starting out with a pc all over again! :wacko:

there's a whole other conversation somewhere in there....

:blink:

I think Spain. I'll be supporting England, as I'd like to see them do well and I think the semi-finals would be better with them.

Maybe a Spain - Germany final, would be quite a good game I think.

Spain V Argentina would be ace, Messi versus Xavi and Iniesta. woot.gif

Spain V Argentina would be ace, Messi versus Xavi and Iniesta. woot.gif

Would be cool.

I'd maybe consider Holland outsiders, as they never do anything after the group stages.

The Old Tolbooth

there's a whole other conversation somewhere in there....

:blink:

Heh heh, tell me about it, I'm getting ripped on FB (shower o twats) :D

Not really fussed, just looking forward to a summer of football. However, the time difference isn't going to be kind to my workday mornings :verymad:

Does anyone know what the temperatures are going to be like in South Africa in the summer?

More importantly, are any HMFC players going to be present, and if so, can we cash in?

Think they're only two hours in front mate, shouldn't be too much of a problem with kick offs.

It doesn't matter who wins the World Cup, Scotland aren't there, a turn of events which makes me want to vomit, cover myself in said spew then flagellate myself before rolling in salt.

In tune with the new Kickback rules, I'd like to say that this is a childish and pathetic thread.

It doesn't matter who wins the World Cup, Scotland aren't there, a turn of events which makes me want to vomit, cover myself in said spew then flagellate myself before rolling in salt.

In tune with the new Kickback rules, I'd like to say that this is a childish and pathetic thread.

unsure.gif What rules are these? World cup threads are allowed arent they?

It comes under the category of "Fag debates".

Keep up Scott. No fun/humour or anything less than 100% seriousness is allowed. Po-faced sourness is to be adopted at all times.

I'd try and slit my wrists to be honest, but the razor would just be blunt.

GLOOM.

Keep up Scott. No fun/humour or anything less than 100% seriousness is allowed. Po-faced sourness is to be adopted at all times.

GLOOM.

anime044.jpg

Pokemonist post, imo.

GLOOM.

This thread was a bit too light-hearted for the kickback-intellengsia, everyone who has posted so far = good guys. Congrats.

Anyway its more serious if you use a blunt knife.

The answer is England by the way, which will send the entire nation of Scotland into a headlong helter skelter of depression, leading to suicide, pain and woe.

Good. That's how we like it on here.

Back to Germany, I reckon.

Germany always turn up for the big tourney's so you could be right.

Anyone know some up and coming players expected to be playing for Germany this summer?

I am guessing Ballack, Lahm and Schweinsteiger will be the main threats.

Who are there forwards?

For me they are an unknown qauntity, which is a shame because from what i've seen on ESPN, they have the most exciting league in europe imo.

:rofl:

The answer is England by the way, which will send the entire nation of Scotland into a headlong helter skelter of depression, leading to suicide, pain and woe.

Good. That's how we like it on here.

Incorrect. The Bazaar seller Bouzid will send England crashing out the world cup in the first round due to the England squad missing the Algerian game as the tag heuer watches they bought were in fact tak hoor's and broke on the way to the stadium.

Guest Dipped Flake

Not really fussed, just looking forward to a summer of football. However, the time difference isn't going to be kind to my workday mornings verymad.gif

Does anyone know what the temperatures are going to be like in South Africa in the summer?

More importantly, are any HMFC players going to be present, and if so, can we cash in?

It will be winter in South Africa.

On who I want to win it, not really bothered as Scotland aren't there but probably Spain or Brazil. Germany would be good just to wind up the commentators down south

I really hope England win it so I can celebrate with all my English mates who have given Hearts such good support over the years. :thumbsup:

If England are unfortunate enough to fail, then I'd like to see Spain win it.

Miller Jambo 60

I really hope England win it so I can celebrate with all my English mates who have given Hearts such good support over the years. :thumbsup:

Brazil for me.

North Berwick Jambo

Everyone seems to think Brazil will walk it but i fear that England will surprise their doubters & lift the trophy. Capello will get the best out of them & even if we hate to admit it their squad is superb and more than capable. I have already put money on them. :(

Tiberius Stinkfinger

That is a fair point & one I will have to seriously consider.

Outside bet:

usa-flag-stars-and-stripes-american-large.gif

Good shout for an outside bet that one. I think Spain or England will win the world cup this year but I also think there will be a USA type character who ruffles some feathers and gets to the semis.

My personal bet for this mantle would be Serbia. Big physical team who did very well in qualifying. I'm a big fan of Zigic so i'm really looking forward to seeing him as well as Krasic from CSKA (who is just Nedved reborn- no bad thing).

fecks sake call yourself football supporters.........................

brazil will win it pure and simple, 5/1 is going to looks massive after a week of the finals!

Archived