Harry Palmer

Simple roles for this game....

4 Goons

Cop

Doc

3 Masons

Assassin

8 Vanilla Townies

The cop investigates one player every night. I will pass the result and name to the Masons. I will only post a positive or negative hot on the thread with no name ie good/bad. Masons can communicate off thread too!

The doc can nominate one player a night to save. He can not nominate the same person 2 nights running.

The goons nominate a kill every night, they can communicate off thread

Assassin With no affiliation, just likes to kill people 3 kills throughout the game, wins the game if he is the last remaining roled player

The town wins once all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority.

Everybody has a PM.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cop, Goons, Assassin in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

To avoid accusations of anybody being a PM lurker if possible please set your profile to invisible

Finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion.

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me....

First deadline will be 10pm on Monday night, with all roled players to have PM?s in by 11pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow.

Thereafter I will try and make it 24hr turnarounds.

MODS: Please sticky....

Player list...

1. Frenchie

2. Seats

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

6.Deek

7. Barney Stinson, attorney at law.

8. Lasith

10. Kitster

11. portobellojambo1

12. jambosean75

13.milky_26

14. Goon Master McFrench

17. yvonnejambo

18.jambo'sam tyler'pompey

20. THAITB

21. Beverley

22. Martin

23. flux

25. Commander Harris

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Yes,Yes a townie at last. First time in a blue moon.

Vote Beverley, she said she is having me killed first night. (But if I was and she got the blame but was a townie that would be ironically funny) :mellow:

Commander Harris

First post of the first Mafia on the new board. :P

first reply to be accurate/pedantic :P ?

vote lasith

goonish post!

vote Lasith :P

that's what you get for beating me

first reply to be accurate/pedantic :P ?

Jealous posts imo.

Commander Harris

Jealous posts imo.

Correct, jealous of Jack Regan who got the first post :turned:

EDIT: we really need a better smiley than :D for the default : D

Nice to get started, for a pleasant change I'm not going to Norway

Townie again

Going to bed soon so I'll not be posting much until tea time tomorrow

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning all. This is my last week in my current role and I move companies in a couple of weeks so I'll be dipping in and out! whistling.gif

Initial goon list: -

Kitster (law of averages)

Deek (Arnold/Regan being twisted :) )

Barney Stinson (for being a lawyer)

milky_26 (just because)

vote Barney Stinson

portobellojambo1

Good evening folks. Well after a very brief run as a goon in the very brief game on the temporary board, I now find myself back in the more mundane world of good people in the first game on the new board/server.

Nice to see Lasith posting more regualrly now, his maw has obviously decided to start paying the electricity bill again (there's only so long you can run a household on snow power).

As with every game my opening vote is very much based on guess, and which of the two infamous biddys (middle aged women) to try and tangle with early doors **.

As a vote has already been cast for one of them I'll go for the other, vote yvonnejambo

(** All meant in the best possible taste ladies :teehee:)

thehibsareintheirbeds

Townie it right up. Just ate far too much, and quite fancy getting wired into some bevvy but i'm getting old so think i'll behave. Maybe. Anyway some good early chat, and having missed the temp board goon romp i'm raring to go and get back into the goon slaying

Morning all. This is my last week in my current role and I move companies in a couple of weeks so I'll be dipping in and out! whistling.gif

Initial goon list: -

Kitster (law of averages)

Deek (Deek townie being twisted :) )

anyone using BS?

Nope. But as I'm not the cop it makes no difference.

And PJ1, and excuse for a dig eh? :rolleyes::laugh:

Still not happy about the goons killing me so early in the last game of the old board!

Starting a new course tomorrow, so hopefully it won't take up too much of my time.

Will hold off on a vote for now, give everyone the chance to post first.

Now Pompey, if there is going to be a spam fest

obiwan02.jpg

i don't do spam this game

Just as well for your sake, it usually gets you killed

Sod it, this spam stuff is actually quite boring :down:

Not as boring as Desperate Housewives admittedly, but a damn near close second

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that just got me a smack to the head :blink:

I won't be tremendously active this game, now that I come to think about it. It's the school holidays :P so I'll be spending the majority of my time at my mates. I'll try to get on often as possible though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If and when they get the mobile site up, I hope they cut the pictures.

Nothing much happening at the minute, but I'm just wondering if the post count facility works the same as before.

It does

MalkyMcFrench 6

Lasith 4

flux 3

Deek 3

milky_26 2

Commander Harris 2

Geoff Kilpatrick 2

Frenchie 1

thehibsareintheirbeds 1

Jack Regan 1

portobellojambo1 1

Barney Stinson 1

Martin 1

Geoff Kilpatrick

It does

MalkyMcFrench 6

Lasith 4

flux 3

Deek 3

milky_26 2

Commander Harris 2

Geoff Kilpatrick 2

Frenchie 1

thehibsareintheirbeds 1

Jack Regan 1

portobellojambo1 1

Barney Stinson 1

Martin 1

Cool - it didn't at work! :thumb:

anyone using BS?

Blatant goonish "look at me I'm not a goon" post IMO.

Vote Flux

p.s was I the only one who didn't manage to get the temp board working? blink.gif

I would like to point out at this early stage that a 10pm deadline is 11pm my time, which is generally past my bedtime. Please don't expect many posts from me at or around deadline time!!

Hello all apart from PJ1 cos this middle aged biddy will be chasing him around Tynecastle next Sun with my brolly or something similar. Have had 2 days on the booze and bit delicate this morning, but day off so all good :)

I would use bs and as you all know I like goon lists.

So todays goon list from me;

THAITBs

Beverley

Frenchie

Martin

Thought I'd have to abandon this for a minute but it appears it was Dexter faffing about..... :sweat:

Anyway, after tonight I'll probably revert to 9pm deadlines if suitable.

Votes...

Lasith-2

flux-1

jambosean75-1

yvonne-1

Frenchie-1

Barney-1

Bev-1

Thought I'd have to abandon this for a minute but it appears it was Dexter faffing about..... sweat.gif

Anyway, after tonight I'll probably revert to 9pm deadlines if suitable.

Votes...

Lasith-2

flux-1

jambosean75-1

yvonne-1

Frenchie-1

Barney-1

Bev-1

Don't feel obliged to change the deadline just for me *ahem* however, 9pm would be perfect thumbsup.gif

Just as a matter of interest, doesn't using BS potentially tell the goonies who the cop is if he gets lucky straight away? unsure.gif

ooooh, my first merged post! Do these count seperately on a vote count?? ermm.gif

Don't feel obliged to change the deadline just for me *ahem* however, 9pm would be perfect thumbsup.gif

Just as a matter of interest, doesn't using BS potentially tell the goonies who the cop is if he gets lucky straight away? unsure.gif

ooooh, my first merged post! Do these count seperately on a vote count?? ermm.gif

seats that would only work if all the goons are right after each other on the list

how messed up would it be if i was the doc this time.

but i'm not, just a townie as usual.

infact thinking about it, i've never been the cop, doc or assassin and i've only been a mason once i think.

i'm usually a townie with the occassional role as a goon.

and this is pash as i can't see what i'm typing due to a bloody freat box being in the way. what sodding use is rthat!!!Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

seats that would only work if all the goons are right after each other on the list

I think what seats means that if the cop was player x and a goon was player x+1, a Day 1 investigation of x+1 is reported to the masons, the masons pile-on said player and the cop is revealed at the same time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think what seats means that if the cop was player x and a goon was player x+1, a Day 1 investigation of x+1 is reported to the masons, the masons pile-on said player and the cop is revealed at the same time.

And I would just add that if the Doc was switched on in this scenario, there would still be at least 3 investigations.

That's exactly what I meant, although only you could turn it into a flippin formula!!! rolleyes.gif

Good morning guys and middle aged ladies.

No role for me this game

Malky poor effort on spam, its corn beef these days

thehibsareintheirbeds

interesting point about bs there, suppose you're right but cant remember it happening before. good pointer for the goons though! :yucky:

suppose if a goon comes up first they'll only know who the cop is (supposing they used bs) if they go after that goon- otherwise it would be a one in four shot as the goon's identity is never revealed at nightime.

still think its worth it, so i'd bs it right up.

interesting point about bs there, suppose you're right but cant remember it happening before. good pointer for the goons though! :yucky:

suppose if a goon comes up first they'll only know who the cop is (supposing they used bs) if they go after that goon- otherwise it would be a one in four shot as the goon's identity is never revealed at nightime.

still think its worth it, so i'd bs it right up.

The other option if the cop did get a goon using BS on day 1, the masons could be clever and not pile on that goon on day 2 to help protect the cops identity. Sometimes playing the long game works better and not rushing into it.

The other option if the cop did get a goon using BS on day 1, the masons could be clever and not pile on that goon on day 2 to help protect the cops identity. Sometimes playing the long game works better and not rushing into it.

It would also give the goons away as well, say they went for a player above one of them it would show who they where, if I was a mason I would keep that info for a while as it will make the goons nervous

spot on, keeping a goon alive in this instance is better as you can look for strange play on their part and the goons knowing one has been investigated have a 25% chance of getting the cop right. However there is a 75% chance they get it wrong and reveal another goon

EDIT - basically, what Pompey said :turned:

Anyway, random goon list

Frenchie

Martin

Jambosean

Seats

I'll be back on around tea time if I don't get held up at work

spot on, keeping a goon alive in this instance is better as you can look for strange play on their part and the goons knowing one has been investigated have a 25% chance of getting the cop right. However there is a 75% chance they get it wrong and reveal another goon

EDIT - basically, what Pompey said turned.gif

Anyway, random goon list

Frenchie

Martin

Jambosean

Seats

I'll be back on around tea time if I don't get held up at work

So Pwoud to have made someones goon list at this early stage. Maybe one day I can grow up to be an elite poster on KB thumbsup.gif

Hola chaps just checking in. GK you should really know better by now, I'm never bad and this game is no different. I would use BS if I was the cop, but alas no role this game. I like being a townie though... no pressure and you can have more of a giggle. The wee one's got his football lesson as usual tonight, but I should be back on in plenty time for the deadline so I'm hanging fire with my vote for now.

Hola chaps just checking in. GK you should really know better by now, I'm never bad and this game is no different. I would use BS if I was the cop, but alas no role this game. I like being a townie though... no pressure and you can have more of a giggle. The wee one's got his football lesson as usual tonight, but I should be back on in plenty time for the deadline so I'm hanging fire with my vote for now.

Hmm, are you claiming a role here Kitster, or am I reading too much into it again? teehee.gif

Right, I'm going out shortly, and won't be back until tomorrow at the earliest. I would kindly suggest that you don't lynch me. Ta.

Vote : Frenchie

BoJack Horseman

Why are people suggesting that they use Barney Stinson? Is it for my impeccable taste in suits?

Again, goon lists on day one? Come on people...

Archived