Random theoretical Thought

CavySlaveJambo

CavySlaveJambo

Given the state of the competition at the top of the first division.

Ross County are currently sitting 2nd in the 1st division. They are 5 pts behind with 2 games in hand. ICT are another 2 points behind with 1 game in hand.

It is NOT currently all seater. and the capacity is only just over 6000 with just over 1/2 all seater.

Problem is will they end up groundsharing to win promotion if placing first WHILE upgrading victoria park.

OR will the team finishing bottom get a reprieve.

There have been 3 cases of groundsharing sought out. Only once has it allowed promotion (ICT and Aberdeen).

Given the state of the competition at the top of the first division.

Ross County are currently sitting 2nd in the 1st division. They are 5 pts behind with 2 games in hand. ICT are another 2 points behind with 1 game in hand.

It is NOT currently all seater. and the capacity is only just over 6000 with just over 1/2 all seater.

Problem is will they end up groundsharing to win promotion if placing first WHILE upgrading victoria park.

OR will the team finishing bottom get a reprieve.

There have been 3 cases of groundsharing sought out. Only once has it allowed promotion (ICT and Aberdeen).

IIRC they banned ground sharing after the motherwell pitch debacle!

The 6000 seater criterion is an absolute joke, and I hope the SFA realise this.

There is no point financially crippling clubs by forcing them to upgrade their stadia when they don't have the fans to fill it in the first place.

Ridiculous, and another example of the delusions of grandeur so prevalent amongst the SFA powers-that-be.

Personally I think the all-seater requirement isn't practical in Scotland. With clubs that could pop up from Division one it's just not ideal. Our 2nd division is nothing on the 2nd division of england (championship) or that of our European neighbours and so this all seater requirement is rubbish. We should allow 1/2 seating at the least, as in Germany they can still have terracing and it works fine. We need common sense in this area, look at the Excelsior stadium, its way too big for it's club and is never full. Falkirk is an example of being rejected access due to a "poor ground", in all honesty their new ground and Hamilton's are dier for the lack of 4 stands and looking like an unfinished building site.

SPL requirements seem to be too grand for Scottish football. IF Ross County win the 1st division then we should allow them promotion, after all they did win the league and have no guarantee of that next year if it occurs. To allow dross like Falkirk and Hamilton reprieves from relegation is a farse, if they deserve to be relegated there's a reason for it and it's because they can't cut it. In fact I'd make it 2 spots for relegation, 1 drop, 1 play-off with 2nd place in 1st Division, more interesting that way. But of course that would be will escape the imaginations of both the SFA and SPL executives!

CavySlaveJambo

forgot about Gretna and Motherwell.

But Motherwell's pitch is an absolute state even with just them playing on it.

The 6000 criteria is SPL and not SFA.

There is no point financially crippling clubs by forcing them to upgrade their stadia when they don't have the fans to fill it in the first place.

Ridiculous, and another example of the delusions of grandeur so prevalent amongst the SFA powers-that-be.

Spot on

portobellojambo1

Agree with this, other than the fact I believe the ground rules are dictated by the SPL, rather than the SFA.

I suspect it might not be an issue this year though, as I would expect Dundee to retain the top spot in that division, although wouldn't mind a couple of trips a year to Dingwall (as I do miss the trips up to Inverness, was a good day out)

Archived