U19s: Hearts vs Rangers

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts: Lyness; McGowan, Deland, Balatoni, Hamilton, Holt, G Smith, Thomson, D Smith, Walker, Morton. Subs: Hamilton, Wodd, McKenna, Mullen, King.

Any updates?

Hearts U-19s are absolutely pish. No point in having a yoof academy if we're going to churn out gash like this. :ermm:

Mikey Gardiner

Hearts U-19s are absolutely pish. No point in having a yoof academy if we're going to churn out gash like this. :ermm:

it could just be that rangers u19's are better.

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts U-19s are absolutely pish. No point in having a yoof academy if we're going to churn out gash like this. ermm.gif

You are lucky all the yooth fans are at the game. :laugh:

Footballfirst

Disappointing performance today from the youngsters as they were dominated physically in midfield and up front. Hearts passing just wasn't up to the mark and the front men were unable to hold the ball up. Generally everyone was guilty of giving the ball away too easily. The central defence also stuggled with the pace of Hemmings and Campbell up front for Rangers.

The first goal was a defensive error between Balatoni and Lyness allowing Kane Hemmings to nip in to knock the ball past Lyness and then score from close in. The second was a free header by Kamil Wiktorski from a corner.

Hearts huffed and puffed throughought and only really created two chances in the whole 90 minutes. Firstly good link up play from a free kick between Hamilton and Deland set up sub Billy King 12 yards out but he blasted the ball just over the bar when he should have hit the target. The one occasion that Holt and Thomson were able to run at the Rangers defence ended up with the keeper making a good save from a Thomson shot from 20 yards.

Best for Hearts were the full backs, with Deland edging McGowan for top man.

Footballfirst

One consolation for the Hearts youngsters was that Livingson U19s beat Hibs U19s 1-0 in another quarter final with a goal from Kyle Jacobs.

jamboinglasgow

fishing.jpg

your so predictable and dull.

Toxteth O'Grady

What was the song they came out to at half time?

Pretty heavy music I think Vlad picked it :whistling:

I thought it was a poor display by the boys today, basic mistakes cost us the 2 goals. Overall the Rangers boys looked older and bigger but I didn't see anything to get excited about in the Hearts team.

Too many long balls through the middle that the Rangers defenders easily dealt with, Darren Murray needs to get more tactically aware.

Good to see JJ and BB were in attendance though.

jamboinglasgow

Pretty heavy music I think Vlad picked it :whistling:

I thought it was a poor display by the boys today, basic mistakes cost us the 2 goals. Overall the Rangers boys looked older and bigger but I didn't see anything to get excited about in the Hearts team.

Too many long balls through the middle that the Rangers defenders easily dealt with, Darren Murray needs to get more tactically aware.

Good to see JJ and BB were in attendance though.

To be fair to Darren, he normally gets the U19s to play along the ground, and when they do that they play really well. I think nerves got the better of the players today. When they did play along the ground they caused trouble for Rangers. The fact that Jamie Walker was not given much chance to get into the game meant that we had problems.

However we shouldn't get downhearted. I thought at the beginning of the season that this team wont be as great as the previous year as there is a few older players but some of our teams feature at least four 16 year olds.

Archived