Vr Has Done It Again

Magnoem

Either I missed something, or nobody really brought this up. It's not exactly Hearts related but rather related to the owner who is losing the plot again.

This week Mad Vlad has sacked almost the whole management in his basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas - head coach, director of sport, general director. Since the club had recently done well to reach Euroleague (basketball equivalent of CL) TOP16, this shocked everyone in the club and fans, especially those who were not aware of his football activities.

The sacked director sport gave a honest interview (see Google translated version here and this caused a media frenzy in Lithuania.

The director mentioned that Vlad had given specific instructions to the coach who to play and when. And this resulted in a shock defeat to a minnow club (which ironically was also one of the reasons for the sackings). On top of that, Vlad came to trainings and encouraged players to practice boxing...

In response Vlad gave at least two traditionally baffling and ridiculous interviews, to the tune of poor results and needing to give more chances to young players. And recently it was reported he started practicing basketball himself.

Good luck to Hearts, you'll need it...

heh heh heh

Vlad is some boy.

I await him appointing Frail as temp manager and a New Year message to be put on their website.

i do not feel any sympathy for the zalgiris fans.

being a supporter of a basketball team must be about as low as you can go.

up them.

J.T.F.Robertson

Either I missed something, or nobody really brought this up. It's not exactly Hearts related but rather related to the owner who is losing the plot again.

This week Mad Vlad has sacked almost the whole management in his basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas - head coach, director of sport, general director. Since the club had recently done well to reach Euroleague (basketball equivalent of CL) TOP16, this shocked everyone in the club and fans, especially those who were not aware of his football activities.

The sacked director sport gave a honest interview (see Google translated version here and this caused a media frenzy in Lithuania.

The director mentioned that Vlad had given specific instructions to the coach who to play and when. And this resulted in a shock defeat to a minnow club (which ironically was also one of the reasons for the sackings). On top of that, Vlad came to trainings and encouraged players to practice boxing...

In response Vlad gave at least two traditionally baffling and ridiculous interviews, to the tune of poor results and needing to give more chances to young players. And recently it was reported he started practicing basketball himself.

Wonder where he got those ideas from? ninja.gif

That is 'pure dead mental' has something happened while I was in my 'Maroon Bubble', this is our saviour you/media are slandering. ohmy.gif

The head coach was a chest thumping rhat.

Vlad has rid the team of a disease which was killing the club.

Vlad can appoint an in-animate carbon rod as manager of his basketball team and start his wee 5ft 4" self as a point guard in their next game for all I care....as long as he leaves well alone from this type of insanity at HMFC. For the best part of two years at HMFC now he has done this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Vlad can appoint an in-animate carbon rod as manager of his basketball team and start his wee 5ft 4" self as a point guard in their next game for all I care....as long as he leaves well alone from this type of insanity at HMFC. For the best part of two years at HMFC now he has done this.

:thumb:

portobellojambo1

Poor boaby arsebiscuit, he'll be distraught.

i do not feel any sympathy for the zalgiris fans.

being a supporter of a basketball team must be about as low as you can go.

up them.

What he said!

portobellojambo1

Does anyone think that Vlad might be on crack ?

On crack, I'm not convinced he came out a crack.

I suspect he was thrown together with left over parts from an old Skoda factory and rusty software pulled from ageing Russian computers.

We HAVE to stop Ryanair from starting direct flights between Edinburgh and Kaunas this year.

If Vlad had regular, scheduled, cheap flights linking the two sities we could end up with lith basketball stars playing up front for us and losing Jose to a basketball team.

LithuanianHearts

indeed, that is a big media story in Lithuania. Vlad might be even more mad than people could imagine. On the other hand, it's good for Hearts that he is so involved in basketball :) but unfortunately, some time later he might turn his attention to football just for a change...

Actually Jonesy, would that maybe not work? A lot of basketball I have seen they just have very very big guys who are not very good but can put the ball in the hoop without jumping. If we had someone at 7 ft 6 could we not just fire the ball into his head????

Billy Bigtime

I tried reading that link. I think they were interviewing Yoda, when he was pished!!!

Thats sounds so surreal it couldn't be true, had we not have seen it with our own eyes at Hearts!!

It does answer the question as to why some of our apologist lapdogs hadn't been posting on here for a while, must be on the Zalgiris version of kickback telling the masses the partyline. :whistling:

Guest JamboRobbo

It does answer the question as to why some of our apologist lapdogs hadn't been posting on here for a while

I too was wondering where all the Mr Romanov apologists had dissapeared to.

I too was wondering where all the Mr Romanov apologists had dissapeared to.

Maybe there is not a lot for them to say just now, maybe they are happy with the appointment of JJ and the way VR has allowed the manager to manage a football club unlike some who have to find some story about another sport (no offence to the thread starter) to get the kleenex out again. teehee.gif

Hopefully one of them mad Lith basketball fans has a pot-shot at Vlad and Vlad wakes up from this crazy world he's been living in for the last 5 years.

Captain America

We HAVE to stop Ryanair from starting direct flights between Edinburgh and Kaunas this year.

If Vlad had regular, scheduled, cheap flights linking the two sities we could end up with lith basketball stars playing up front for us and losing Jose to a basketball team.

Look at it positively though, we might send them Obua!

:rolleyes:

This could lead to the first cross sports major transfer ie - Barry Ferguson - has to be the best hand ball juggler i've seen on a football pitch!!

FTH

He really is about the worst person in the world you could have to run your football (or basketball :rolleyes: )club.

Apart from Chris Robinson maybe.

On crack, I'm not convinced he came out a crack.

I suspect he was thrown together with left over parts from an old Skoda factory and rusty software pulled from ageing Russian computers.

:bravo::arf:

In fairness, given the choice between the inanimate carbon rod and Stevie Frail, I think they've done alright...

maroonlegions

So that is why he has been posted missing so much practising chucking a basket ball into baskets, pity he did not start with Nade. <_<

Does anyone think that Vlad might be on crack ?

I think thats a minimum expectation LC. I have never advocated or used chemical stimulants but I have to admit life must be great in Vlad's world.

Archived