Where Did You Get That Hat?

Victorian

terry-pratchett-crop.jpg

terry pratchett has just been on the telly wearing an even worse 'titfer' than the one pictured above.

nothing against mr pratchett in particular and i wish him all the best against his illness but this kind of extravagant hat wearing really gets on my nips. especially when it's placed upon the cranium at an absurdly rakish angle.

discuss hats.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

LOL at THAT hat. the other hat that gets on my tits - the knitted, wooly ones with the pish pattern on them and the dangly strings on either side. Baseball caps with a really flat peak looks really gimpy aswell mind you, saw a photo with me and a sombrero at a hearts game years ago-oh how i cringed!

LOL at THAT hat. the other hat that gets on my tits - the knitted, wooly ones with the pish pattern on them and the dangly strings on either side. Baseball caps with a really flat peak looks really gimpy aswell mind you, saw a photo with me and a sombrero at a hearts game years ago-oh how i cringed!

I think we had a thread about hats not too long ago.

As I recall, it ended with an (absolutely correct) allegation that a certain Kickbacker - let's call him "Bob1874" had stolen my hat and given it to another Kickbacker - let's call him "Rorthers".

Sickening turn of events, I'm sure we can all agree.

Hats are brilliant.

I have a nice black wool Kangol flat cap which is both stylish and functional. The style is called Bermuda, if I'm feeling particularly rakish I wear it back to front.

I also have a kangaroo leather hat purchased in Oz last year which is warm and waterproof in the winter and cool and shady in the sun. It looks the business.

You need panache to carry off a hat.

I agree though about the 'Dappy' hat, these dreadful, unisex, woollen, patterned things with the ear flaps and long plaited ties. Not remotely cool.

ooooooh i hate those ludicrous creations. anyone caught wearing one of those should be publicly flogged... and possibly pubicly flogged.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

ooooooh i hate those ludicrous creations. anyone caught wearing one of those should be publicly flogged... and possibly pubicly flogged.

This is Saturdays attire for me !!

158.jpg

Asians do not suit hats IMO, however Westernised Asians all wear baseball caps with the flat peaks. They totally dress like African Americans.

ROR (RAUGH OUT ROUD!!!!!111111111! (Engrish ftw))

fag1.jpg

HE LOOKS LIKE A COMPLETE DICK!?!?!?!?! ROR!!!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

worn correctly IMO... in your case. THAT'S why i hate those hats.

That will be why you offered me an unmentioned fee for the said heid warmer then is it ???

This is Saturdays attire for me !!

158.jpg

Why is this man wearing what I can only assume is a hat which should accompany a childs halloween costume in a Mediterranean climate?

That will be why you offered me an unmentioned fee for the said heid warmer then is it ???

i would rather wear a dress than that hat.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Why is this man wearing what I can only assume is a hat which should accompany a childs halloween costume in a Mediterranean climate?

Plastic surgery I think Ming !

Tiberius Stinkfinger

i would rather wear a dress than that hat.

And what type of dress would that be oh greet one ?

You might see me sporting one of these around the winter months.

beard-cap.jpg

Someone really needs to pump the guy from the football faketory threads mum while wearing that and take a foto.

Someone really needs to pump the guy from the football faketory threads mum while wearing that and take a foto.

You pay my ferry fee from Troon and you've got yourself a sex pic.

terry-pratchett-crop.jpg

I can't believe he thinks he looks the dugs whilst wearing that monstrosity.

He's clearly losing his marbles.

:lol:

Just... Yes. That's quality.

lives in a discworld of his own i've heard.

Konrad von Carstein

Asians do not suit hats IMO, however Westernised Asians all wear baseball caps with the flat peaks. They totally dress like African Americans.

ROR (RAUGH OUT ROUD!!!!!111111111! (Engrish ftw))

fag1.jpg

HE LOOKS LIKE A COMPLETE DICK!?!?!?!?! ROR!!!

I certainly raughed out roud at that.....much to the bemusement of girlfliend....thank you you have brightened my day.

As a yank whose first sporting love is baseball, there is only one way to really wear a baseball cap and I for one am in favor of the flat peak (the shapeless cotton "baseball" caps worn by folks in the U.K. are awful).

Baseball caps should only be made of wool. Worn over the duration of a baseball season, sweat and dirt should break it in nicely and help it hug your head more than a new cap. If you don't have the luxury of playing on a team you can cheat by picking a day where you don't have to leave the house. Take a shower with the cap on and let it dry on your head (takes several hours).

If the hat isn't fitted (and has some awful one size fits all strap in the back) and isn't wool, it isn't a proper baseball cap. See pretty much every baseball cap I've seen worn by keepers in European soccer. By North American standards, it makes them look as hip as accountants and they should be forced to wear khakis and a button up shirt that is way too baggy as well, to complete the look.

post-14970-12659400946126_thumb.jpg

18449_333868120268_563530268_5352094_1810457_n.jpg

Sorry to go off topic, but what happend to the Best/Worst thread from last night?

Just been looking for that mate :unsure:

As a yank whose first sporting love is baseball, there is only one way to really wear a baseball cap and I for one am in favor of the flat peak (the shapeless cotton "baseball" caps worn by folks in the U.K. are awful).

Baseball caps should only be made of wool. Worn over the duration of a baseball season, sweat and dirt should break it in nicely and help it hug your head more than a new cap. If you don't have the luxury of playing on a team you can cheat by picking a day where you don't have to leave the house. Take a shower with the cap on and let it dry on your head (takes several hours).

If the hat isn't fitted (and has some awful one size fits all strap in the back) and isn't wool, it isn't a proper baseball cap. See pretty much every baseball cap I've seen worn by keepers in European soccer. By North American standards, it makes them look as hip as accountants and they should be forced to wear khakis and a button up shirt that is way too baggy as well, to complete the look.

this up to a point.

have had many a 'starter' baseball cap in the past. the shower technique works but i am afraid the peak needs to be curved into a perfect peak. none of this flat brimmed kids nonsense.

Just been looking for that mate :unsure:

Gutted if it's been deleted. I was enjoying the Orca penis chat but I needed some sleep. :verymad:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Gutted if it's been deleted. I was enjoying the Orca penis chat but I needed some sleep. :verymad:

Sadly it may have been the penis chat that got it pulled......:rolleyes:

Perhaps starting penis threads in the members section is more appropriate..:whistling:

Sadly it may have been the penis chat that got it pulled......:rolleyes:

Perhaps starting penis threads in the members section is more appropriate..:whistling:

:thumbsup:

I see what you did there.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

:thumbsup:

I see what you did there.

Saying that of course with this being a hat thread then pictures of helmets should be OK.

This is an all time classic for me.

imperial-roman-helmet-8112.jpg

Gotta love that brush on the top.

Archived