Zero Attempts

neiljb

90 minutes

No attempts on goal.

Stats on BBC

Why would you follow a team that can't even have pop at goal?

I'm not shy, I was at a pub quiz tonight, because I'm shallow. But I'd like to have read that my team had made an effort.

If anybody at the game can contradict the stats I'd be happy to hear what they have to say.

Guest juvehearts

so why come on here & post about it then?

no-one cares what you or your kind think,

if your not happy then follow edinburgh's 2nd biggest club Spartans.

im damn sure we wont miss you.

geezo, JJ has not been in the job longer than this sentance & youre complaining about no shots on goals.

were not the class of 98 or 06, were out of all cups, we only have pride to go on & personally for me thats good enough to see hearts play at any cost.

imo kello had a good game, ian black did a lot better than i have seen him before, the new lad did really well & zal at the back did ok.

being totally bias their 1st goal was a hand ball before he hit it & their 2nd was offside. we dont expect anything less from the SFA when playing in Glasgow, but we live to fight another day.

roll on saturday.

and still FTH, 1902, girfu!

juve

Creepy Lurker

Stevenson had two attempts on goal, although one was blocked and the other trundled wide without ever looking like going in. Someone also had one which flashed across the face of goal in the first half.

Did you mean that we didn't have any shots on target? Because I'm pretty sure that that's true.

Castle Magyar

I'd look a little deeper than 'attempts at goal', though it's an important stat. I thought we had a bigger appetite for the game, more drive, passing more accurate, and better balance to the side with the inclusion of Stevenson in particular (though he was blowing hard towards the end) - and surely the changes needed won't happen overnight but it was an obvious improvement on recent performances and a sign that they're heading in the right direction.

The goals will come - the day we score more than 1 in a match is closer now than of late !!

with them all.

Everybody loves Baz

I'd look a little deeper than 'attempts at goal', though it's an important stat. I thought we had a bigger appetite for the game, more drive, passing more accurate, and better balance to the side with the inclusion of Stevenson in particular (though he was blowing hard towards the end) - and surely the changes needed won't happen overnight but it was an obvious improvement on recent performances and a sign that they're heading in the right direction.

The goals will come - the day we score more than 1 in a match is closer now than of late !!

with them all.

This.

I'm sure Mulrooney had a shot in the first half too?

It will take time to get everyone going in the direction, but from what i heard of the first half the signs were encouraging.

Stevenson sounds like he likes to push on and support, Rooney sounds like he's in the Robinson mould and runs for fun and Black sounded more in the game playing in his favoured position.

So all in all there is room for improvement and i think that improvement will come against Falkirk. :)

Right off the top of my head, Mulrooney and Stevenson both had shots on goal.

And to answer the OP:

Because they are my team, in my blood and in my soul.

They're clearly not in yours.

Cheers.

so why come on here & post about it then?

no-one cares what you or your kind think,

if your not happy then follow edinburgh's 2nd biggest club Spartans.

im damn sure we wont miss you.

geezo, JJ has not been in the job longer than this sentance & youre complaining about no shots on goals.

were not the class of 98 or 06, were out of all cups, we only have pride to go on & personally for me thats good enough to see hearts play at any cost.

imo kello had a good game, ian black did a lot better than i have seen him before, the new lad did really well & zal at the back did ok.

being totally bias their 1st goal was a hand ball before he hit it & their 2nd was offside. we dont expect anything less from the SFA when playing in Glasgow, but we live to fight another day.

roll on saturday.

and still FTH, 1902, girfu!

juve

Couldn't have put it better myself.

To all the people who gave a sanctimonious reply, give yourselves a big pat on the back. You're great.

It was a serious question, looking for a serious answer. I'm glad to hear from some that there actually WERE a couple of efforts.

To all the people who gave a sanctimonious reply, give yourselves a big pat on the back. You're great.

It was a serious question, looking for a serious answer. I'm glad to hear from some that there actually WERE a couple of efforts.

Don't hold your breath mate for a serious answer - the "super fans" on here don't like anyone having a pop at the team, they need to grow a "thick skin" :P

Although only 3 games JJ has been in charge - I actually see no improvement tbh.

As a side note - when I am replying to a post I cannot see my reply until I preview.

So in effect I am typing blind (I know - I have been doing this for years!!!!) Can someone help?

Drylaw Hearts

Although only 3 games JJ has been in charge - I actually see no improvement tbh.

There will be little improvement until we offload Obua and Nade and bring in a couple of strikers.

I can't recall the last time an opposition Goalie had to make a string of saves against us.

It's frickin embarrassing.

Paul, JJ is going to weed out the dross, hopefully! and I think we will see many changes in the summer.

We are shocking at the moment yet some on here shoot down anyone for any critisism of the team

Paul, JJ is going to weed out the dross, hopefully! and I think we will see many changes in the summer.

We are shocking at the moment yet some on here shoot down anyone for any critisism of the team

I think its probably the "Why follow a team that can't even have a pop at goal" jibe thats got folks back up? I have never come on here and shouted "Hobo" at anyone but statements like that make me understand why some do. If someone doesn't want to follow the team fair enough but did the OP have a premonition that we were not going to have a shot on goal last night and that was his reason for not going? Seeing as we've performed very well there recently he MUST be psychic. If so, I want the lottery numbers PM'd to me before 7pm on Saturday please. I could understand this statement if the OP had finally had enough AFTER watching a dire performance with no shots at goal (which last night wasn't from what I saw).

Onwards and upwards eh? Bring on the Bairns...

Right off the top of my head, Mulrooney and Stevenson both had shots on goal.

And to answer the OP:

Because they are my team, in my blood and in my soul.

They're clearly not in yours.

Cheers.

Spot on!!!

No matter how keek the team are, I will always be the first inside Tynecastle on a saturday. :D

Prince Buaben

With a quotation like this why do you follow Hearts??

I doubt the OP is being serious; it's more of a "it's ****ing frustrating giving up shedloads of time and money for no excitement whatsoever" line of argument, which is true.

I doubt the OP is being serious; it's more of a "it's ****ing frustrating giving up shedloads of time and money for no excitement whatsoever" line of argument, which is true.

I agree, hence the reason I don't go any more. I looked at the fixture list for 2007/08 and decided not to get a season ticket. I paid to get into the first match of that season, a dire 0-1 v Hibs in which, funnily enough I don't recall a shot at goal from Hearts. It remains the last time I paid to attend a league match at Tynecastle.

I don't however, come on here and question why people still go to the games. Frustrated or not you deserve your medicine if you take that route with your post.

Incidentally I'm thinking of returning next season if I feel the summer has gone well.

I dont think we will see it this season there are still too many pasengers out there.

I agree, hence the reason I don't go any more. I looked at the fixture list for 2007/08 and decided not to get a season ticket. I paid to get into the first match of that season, a dire 0-1 v Hibs in which, funnily enough I don't recall a shot at goal from Hearts. It remains the last time I paid to attend a league match at Tynecastle.

I don't however, come on here and question why people still go to the games. Frustrated or not you deserve your medicine if you take that route with your post.

Incidentally I'm thinking of returning next season if I feel the summer has gone well.

I can see where you're coming from. If/when I end up getting a season ticket for next year, it'll be down to force of habit, as opposed to actually wanting to go.

As soon as I leave FTE, they can pretty much bolt if they're wanting ?300+ to watch that garbage every other week.

Archived