Were we this unbearable?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

In fairness to the vermin, they are flying right now. We on the other hand are probably the exact opposite. Spent the night in the pub tonight listening to Hobo's saying how good this guy and that guy is, how good the atmosphere is, how good the fans are etc. Did a lot of smiling and nodding but it got me to thinking. The year we won the cup and that lot went down, were we as smug and cocksure as them just now? Was I as annoying as that lot are just now?

In fairness to the vermin, they are flying right now. We on the other hand are probably the exact opposite. Spent the night in the pub tonight listening to Hobo's saying how good this guy and that guy is, how good the atmosphere is, how good the fans are etc. Did a lot of smiling and nodding but it got me to thinking. The year we won the cup and that lot went down, were we as smug and cocksure as them just now? Was I as annoying as that lot are just now?

We were worse, much worse!

I walked around simply dripping arrogance. 'We are unbeatable' was my ringtone. I told everyone I met that we were going to win the league etc.

The hobos, wee team that they are, cant even get the crowing right. You dont hear them telling everyone that they are going to win the league and be regulars in the champions league. No ambition that lot :-)

crossgates jambo
We were worse, much worse!

I walked around simply dripping arrogance. 'We are unbeatable' was my ringtone. I told everyone I met that we were going to win the league etc.

The hobos, wee team that they are, cant even get the crowing right. You dont hear them telling everyone that they are going to win the league and be regulars in the champions league. No ambition that lot :-)

LOL! I have to admit that when we were splitting the OF, had THAT semi-final on the way to winning the big cup, I gave it out big time to my Hibs supporting workmates. In fact, even last season when we romped 3rd and they scraped top 6 under the fat Finn I gave it plenty. Taking a bit back this season but it's swings and roundabouts and over my lifetime I've been able to dish out far, far more than they have.

Rudolf's Mate

Pretty much so! When it came to that lot back then we pretty much always had the bragging rights! Fair to say that when I bumped into anyone introducing themselves as hobos they got it tight.... I seem to remember being in my teens in a pub just off fester road. They had karaoke and I was with a bird and got up and sung who put the ball in the hibees net!!! Maybe nowadays things'll be different??? Nah!

In 2006 I was the biggest pain in the arse towards my Rangers supporting mates, I almost had them in tears because they couldnt cope with my arsehole behaviour. Good times. They were spewing when they ended up 3rd.

Great atmosphere? From the pathetic 10-11,000 that turn up to their home games?

When we were flying in 2005/2006 EVERY home game was sold out.

Even this season we are averaging about 14K.

theheartsareback

I can't remember us being like that when we where top after 11 games. And infact come the end of the season where weren't as bad as they are now.

Johanes de Silentio

I always try to play it down when we're doing well - it's the gentlemanly thing to do.

I remember Wallace Mercer quoting the passage from Kipling's 'If' about treating success and failure in the same way.

Bragging rights are for classless no-marks like Bingo Hughes.

in my 35 years of life it has certainly been easier supporting the big team, come to think of it no matter what it WILL always be better supporting the big team

J.T.F.Robertson

If you ever check their board, there are constant threads relating to the lack of atmosphere at their games. Mind you, when the place is that empty ........ :sneaky:

Walter Bishop

They are 3rd in the league, out the league cup, had 2 **** easy draws in the Scottish cup,and they only get (at most) 10,000 home fans at their games!!

Hardly alot to shout about imo!

Been there,done that and got the T-shirt!!! (many times!!!)

I had a rant about this the other night.

When we were doing well I thought better than to wind up my Hibby mates. I thought I'd have a bit of maturity about it and keep my gloating to a minimum in the belief that would be reciprocated.

It's fair to say that when we reassert our dominance there will be one or two of my friends who will be getting it tight. Particularly my flatmate who texted "How did Hearts get on in the cup today?" at the weekend. Tosser.

The OP was asking about 98, not 06.

Winning the cup and watching the Hibs go down was miles ahead of anything that happened under Burley.

Yeah, 1998 must have really really hurt the hobos! But we are different in the way we treat success and adversity - they have an 'Albert Kidd' bus, we don't have a Kjell Olafsson supporters bus.

I actually find it bloody amusing when hobos get all arrogant when they have their one season in 10 where they flirt near the top of the league and believe it's 'their year'. I mean, even the poorest tramp on the street will once or twice get a ?10 donation, buy a 6-pack of kestrel, 20 tabs and a slap up meal, and wander about like he's Lord of all he surveys - but he's kidding no-one!

Archived