Another ipod help thread....

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

I have an ipod nano and have been fecking about with it for a forthnight now trying to get it to load my music properly...

I have some various artists downloads that on i-tunes seem to be sorted by album (as you would expect) but when I load my library onto the ipod it splits the tracks into individual albums...

For example on itunes you can see: track name; artist album

When I select "albums" on the ipod each track is listed as a separate album, so I have: Album name & artist for each individual track on the album.

As I said I have rearranged my music folders on my lap top, deleted my itunes library and reloaded but it does the same thing again.

Any one got any idea what I can do to fix this??

Not sure Ive fully understood but the problem you have seems to be that the File name given to the track is different from the "Tag" name of the mp3 file. The tag name is hidden and cant be changed unless you have software that does it for you. You can change file names easy enough but your ipod is recognising the Tag name which hasnt changed.

You either need to get some software to change the tag names manually or re-load folders into your itunes as individual Playlists. Then Instead of using the "albums" function on the ipod you use the "playlists" functions ( which should be the first choice on the list of options).

The Tag names will still say they are from different albums but you'll get all your compilation in the same "playlist". (If thats what you want)

Hope that helps.

I have an ipod nano and have been fecking about with it for a forthnight now trying to get it to load my music properly...

I have some various artists downloads that on i-tunes seem to be sorted by album (as you would expect) but when I load my library onto the ipod it splits the tracks into individual albums...

For example on itunes you can see: track name; artist album

When I select "albums" on the ipod each track is listed as a separate album, so I have: Album name & artist for each individual track on the album.

As I said I have rearranged my music folders on my lap top, deleted my itunes library and reloaded but it does the same thing again.

Any one got any idea what I can do to fix this??

i think i know what you on about,what you could do is in itunes make a playlist with same title as compilation,then drag album into new playlist then sync to ipod,then when you want to listen to compilation album just look for it in playlists on your ipod.

Konrad von Carstein

Cheers guys, OaG: the tag name thing makes sense and the suggestion from both of you about making a playlist for these albums is an obvious (now) way of fixing the problem.

Again, thanks

Archived