We're done for the night - that's all folks!

JamboLad

From Facebook again.

HeartofMidlothianFC

Folks - sorry, sorting out a few things (including the very sad passing of Bobby Kirk - just spoke to Peter Houston, who is assisted by son Gary at DUFC). It looks like we're done for the night - JJ been on phone again talking to people but he said to me (again) that we won't do a deal that's not right just so we can say "we signed a striker"). And the Ryan Hearts News interview is online now

Great updates from Lawrence from there.

Although it probably is over for the night, why would Jefferies still be on the phone?

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

PresidentRomanov

If we're done both ways, then it's been a much better transfer window than I expected, delighted we've held onto all our players who've been linked with a move.

Ah well.I honestly thought we would get Kyle in.

Well we have 1 signing and Barr on a pre contract and we have JJ back.

Things looking up.

If we're done both ways, then it's been a much better transfer window than I expected, delighted we've held onto all our players who've been linked with a move.

It does'nt really matter beacause they won't play Goncalves, Wallace is very doubtful for tomorrow and we have nobody to score a goal.

From Facebook again.

HeartofMidlothianFC

Folks - sorry, sorting out a few things (including the very sad passing of Bobby Kirk - just spoke to Peter Houston, who is assisted by son Gary at DUFC). It looks like we're done for the night - JJ been on phone again talking to people but he said to me (again) that we won't do a deal that's not right just so we can say "we signed a striker"). And the Ryan Hearts News interview is online now .

Great updates from Lawrence from there.

Erm, when I look at our fan page on Facebook I'm not seeing that mate...

PresidentRomanov
It does'nt really matter beacause they won't play Goncalves, Wallace is very doubtful for tomorrow and we have nobody to score a goal.

Want a bet Jose plays regularly for the rest of this season, and that Wallace plays tomorrow?

Erm, when I look at our fan page on Facebook I'm not seeing that mate...

Nope - me neither

Been on to Hearts site and their Facebook link has nothing after signing RS!

PresidentRomanov
"..... we won't do a deal that's not right just so we can say "we signed a striker")."

Correct attitude imo.

Agreed, Csaba's away now, we can stop repeating his guff about strikers, Messi would've struggled to find the back of the net in that arseholes team.

Attacking football creates chances, chances create goals, goals create confidence.

Bit of an anti climax.

Still no goal scorer, Stewart top scorer only cos of the penalty he scores is a but grim Reading.

Found this:

"Folks - so incredibly sad tonight as we say farewell to another of the Hearts greats, Bobby Kirk. Spoke to the manager who knew Bobby and was very sad to hear his passing. There's a short tribute on website, with a full one to follow from our club historian. Leave your tributes here..."

Hmmm. I'm sure the OP isn't mistaken, must have been a quick delete job....now why would they do that? :)

It's still there in the comments section.

Hmmm. I'm sure the OP isn't mistaken, must have been a quick delete job....now why would they do that? :)

Just when they thought it was over, they reel you back in...

It's within the Ryan Stevenson has signed part of FB

Aye, fair do's - it's deep down in the comments...

From Hearts Facebook:

"HeartofMidlothianFC Folks - so incredibly sad tonight as we say farewell to another of the Hearts greats, Bobby Kirk. Spoke to the manager who knew Bobby and was very sad to hear his passing. There's a short tribute on website, with a full one to follow from our club historian. Leave your tributes here..."

Nothing about signings!!!

"It looks like we're done for the day" is quite different from just saying "we're done for the day".

I'll retain some hope for the next 94 minutes.

"It looks like we're done for the day" is quite different from just saying "we're done for the day".

I'll retain some hope for the next 94 minutes.

He wouldn't be on the phone if there wasn't some sort of signing opporchancity on the go.

I'm excelling in strawgrabbery tonight...

theheartsareback

To be honest, Our midfield don't create enough for out so called Strikers. Although they lack in goals you can see in Nade that he is a good player just needs to score goals a striker. Your not a striker if you don't score goals.

portobellojambo1
From Hearts Facebook:

"HeartofMidlothianFC Folks - so incredibly sad tonight as we say farewell to another of the Hearts greats, Bobby Kirk. Spoke to the manager who knew Bobby and was very sad to hear his passing. There's a short tribute on website, with a full one to follow from our club historian. Leave your tributes here..."

Nothing about signings!!!

Its hidden in the comments under the Ryan Stevenson has signed headline.

HeartofMidlothianFC As said earlier - I think we're done for the night, now, folks.

Sandy - no Hearts.TV from Ryan tonight given it was late, but we'll be sitting down with him on Wed after semi-final day (tomorrow will be very busy) for full interview. Tonight was a quick chat. Nice bloke though - liked the cut of his jib.

51 -0800">22 minutes ago ? Report

I just received a couple of messages asking me if there was any truth to a story that Kevin Kyle is at Tynecastle at the moment, to which I replied no idea.

Its hidden in the comments under the Ryan Stevenson has signed headline.

HeartofMidlothianFC As said earlier - I think we're done for the night, now, folks.

Sandy - no Hearts.TV from Ryan tonight given it was late, but we'll be sitting down with him on Wed after semi-final day (tomorrow will be very busy) for full interview. Tonight was a quick chat. Nice bloke though - liked the cut of his jib.

22 minutes ago ? Report

I just received a couple of messages asking me if there was any truth to a story that Kevin Kyle is at Tynecastle at the moment, to which I replied no idea.

Is the highlighted bit a comment from facebook or a comment from yourself?

Bit of an anti climax.

Still no goal scorer, Stewart top scorer only cos of the penalty he scores is a but grim Reading.

I take it you've not seen stevensons record then? 41 goals from midfield not too bad and we have good young strikers they just need better service from midfield

Pj1 once the transfer window shuts are you able to say the rumours you were told? Sure it was you that mentioned it a few days back.

portobellojambo1
Is the highlighted bit a comment from facebook or a comment from yourself?

Sorry Gambo, no that was me, a couple of messages I got as I was typing, and as it was still in my thoughts it sort of rolled onto the end of what I was copying.

Sorry Gambo, no that was me, a couple of messages I got as I was typing, and as it was still in my thoughts it sort of rolled onto the end of what I was copying.

Well, i think the folk sending you the messages were looking for a more concrete answer than "no idea", so do them and all on here a wee favour and head up to Tynecastle and let us know if it is a yes or no. :sneaky:

portobellojambo1
Well, i think the folk sending you the messages were looking for a more concrete answer than "no idea", so do them and all on here a wee favour and head up to Tynecastle and let us know if it is a yes or no. :sneaky:

I think that was what they were thinking as well Gambo, i.e. his flat is about 2 minutes walk from Tynecastle, he'll pop round and find out.

I think that was what they were thinking as well Gambo, i.e. his flat is about 2 minutes walk from Tynecastle, he'll pop round and find out.

don't think it's too much to ask IMO

That's ****, really hoped we would have signed a striker.

Dont know much about this Stevenson fella we have signed, can any one give me a bit more info about him please? Is he any good?

Breaking news: according to the coverage of Stevenson's move on Heartsfc.co.uk, the entire club has just one striker left...

"Manager Jim Jefferies has identified him as an attacking player, who will offer great support to the forward at Tynecastle."

:24_shocked:

Breaking news: according to the coverage of Stevenson's move on Heartsfc.co.uk, the entire club has just one striker left...

"Manager Jim Jefferies has identified him as an attacking player, who will offer great support to the forward at Tynecastle."

:24_shocked:

forward? we must have signed one after all then.

forward? we must have signed one after all then.

Not sure about that...I think 'forward' is a generic term for any member of the team that randomly finds themselves in front of an open goal and manages to shank their shot into the car park. Whilst that is a special skill, I think we are well covered in that department...

theheartsareback
Not sure about that...I think 'forward' is a generic term for any member of the team that randomly finds themselves in front of an open goal and manages to shank their shot into the car park. Whilst that is a special skill, I think we are well covered in that department...

If only Nade could score goals. Although Man Utd would have snapped him up by now if he could actually score cause he's some player with the ball at his feet.

jamboinglasgow
If only Nade could score goals. Although Man Utd would have snapped him up by now if he could actually score cause he's some player with the ball at his feet.

I do feel that Nade had pace in his game and more stamina he would be a very valuable striker. His touch and control is fantastic and his link work play is great but sadly he cant move quick enough to get into the right posistions.

Archived