Webuyanycar.com - Avoid like the plague..

Martin_T

These clowns tried to rip me off yesterday, so just a heads up to fellow Hearts fans that they should probably be avoided. I have a 10 years old Nissan Almeira, which has some superficial damage to the bumpers but of which the motor runs fine and has an up to date MOT.

I got an initial estimate of ?195 from their website last Wednesday, and to be honest was probably quite happy to accept that given I wasn't really using the car, as I get the train to work and have use of my girlfriends car for other journey's. By the time I visited their office yesterday, this had reduced to ?145 and was then also told that their is a ?29.99 'admin fee', so the Net offer was now reduced to ?115. The salesman then said he would have to inspect the car (which is fair enough), my girlfriend and I then waited in the office whilst he went and tested the car, he then came back and claimed that the damage was much worse than I had stated on the initial submission on the website and that they would have to revise their offer.

The revised offer was the princely sum of ?15, plus ?34 I could reclaim on my tax disc. When he could see I was on the verge of bursting out laughing, he tried a wee bit of salesmanship by saying that the offer "might not be the same another day", so the chance to boost my bank balance with this once in a lifetime offer might not have been there if I hadn't taken it there and then! When I rejected the offer out of hand, he went away to speak to his 'manager' (I suspect he went for a pee), he came back with a revised offer of.....?25.

So the end up was that after my visit to webuyyourcar.com yesterday, I decided to trade in my ?15 car at a Nissan dealership to buy a shiny new Nissan Note, utilising the ?2,000 scrappage value of the car, this was a mere 13,233% more that I would have got if I'd accepted the webuyyourcar.com offer.

These clowns tried to rip me off yesterday, so just a heads up to fellow Hearts fans that they should probably be avoided. I have a 10 years old Nissan Almeira, which has some superficial damage to the bumpers but of which the motor runs fine and has an up to date MOT.

I got an initial estimate of ?195 from their website last Wednesday, and to be honest was probably quite happy to accept that given I wasn't really using the car, as I get the train to work and have use of my girlfriends car for other journey's. By the time I visited their office yesterday, this had reduced to ?145 and was then also told that their is a ?29.99 'admin fee', so the Net offer was now reduced to ?115. The salesman then said he would have to inspect the car (which is fair enough), my girlfriend and I then waited in the office whilst he went and tested the car, he then came back and claimed that the damage was much worse than I had stated on the initial submission on the website and that they would have to revise their offer.

The revised offer was the princely sum of ?15, plus ?34 I could reclaim on my tax disc. When he could see I was on the verge of bursting out laughing, he tried a wee bit of salesmanship by saying that the offer "might not be the same another day", so the chance to boost my bank balance with this once in a lifetime offer might not have been there if I hadn't taken it there and then! When I rejected the offer out of hand, he went away to speak to his 'manager' (I suspect he went for a pee), he came back with a revised offer of.....?25.

So the end up was that after my visit to webuyyourcar.com yesterday, I decided to trade in my ?15 car at a Nissan dealership to buy a shiny new Nissan Note, utilising the ?2,000 scrappage value of the car, this was a mere 13,233% more that I would have got if I'd accepted the webuyyourcar.com offer.

The question that must be on everybody's lips is Why didn't you go down this route in the first place?

The question that must be on everybody's lips is Why didn't you go down this route in the first place?

Exactly what I was thinking! Anyone who CAN utilise this for their old banger and doesnt is semi-retarded.

Because I didn't feel that I particularly need a new car as I mentioned earlier, I don't particularly use it all that often. So although I can afford it without much bother, it wasn't particularly necessary expenditure.

What changed was that my girlfriend decided she would trade in her car too (not scrappage), so that made a brand new car more affordable for both of us.

Exactly what I was thinking! Anyone who CAN utilise this for their old banger and doesnt is semi-retarded.

It could be argued that anyone who buys a new car when they weren't particularly using their old one is more retarded!

Selling an old car for reasonable money and not replacing it = Increased income

Buying a new car with the scrappage bonus = Increased expenditure

I'm happy to have a new car, but I'm still questioning as to whether I actually need to have bought a new one.

It could be argued that anyone who buys a new car when they weren't particularly using their old one is more retarded!

Selling an old car for reasonable money and not replacing it = Increased income

Buying a new car with the scrappage bonus = Increased expenditure

I'm happy to have a new car, but I'm still questioning as to whether I actually need to have bought a new one.

Valid reposte.

Does the scrappage deal only work if you actually get a new car? They don't jsut put 2K in your hand?

Does the scrappage deal only work if you actually get a new car? They don't jsut put 2K in your hand?

:rofl: :rofl:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

You got it.

The guy at the garage was gonna steal the motor for at worst ?25 and go down the road to the Nissan garage and punt it for ?2000.

Nice profit that.

Why didn't I think of that !!!

Just after they provide some brisk genital satisfaction in the garage bogs, uh huh :D

Jesus wept! If that was the case there would be massive scrambles around scrap yards to see who could wheel any old banger they could grab along to their nearest car dealership and bank 2 grand!*

*I'm aware you need need to have legally owned a car for 12 months prior to scrapping it.:24_shocked:

Sounds like a case of seller beware. Why not just pop the car into the envelope you get with the internet used car kit, and if you don't like the cash price offered, they will send the car back to you. Honest.

Not wanting to **** on the op thread but...

Looking for a new car and felt most trade-in values where a little on the low

side, so did a quick online quote on wbac website.

The 1st quote online was very good so decided to book an on site valuation and as the op says the guy gives it a once over to confirm condition as described.

Few small items missed by me(alloys) x3 and after he worked out new calculation still walked away with ?300 more than best trade -in price.

Went back to garage looking for a cash deal and they knocked another ?1100 of the price of new car compared to trade-in price

?1400 extra ,all good if you ask me!!

Ps Payment was in my bank account next day!

Captain Canada

I sold a car to webuyanycar.com yesterday, got a fair price for it and they took a very small amount off the original quote for a wee dent on the wing. I had also got a guide price from a local car auctions and once they'd taken their commission, I would have got far less than I did yesterday.

Normally I'd have traded in but as we were cutting down from 2 cars in the family to just 1, that wasn't an option and I just wanted an easy sale without all sorts of weirdos coming to my house.

Jamie_the_Jambo

I sold my car to these guys a few years ago. I was hoping to get ?200 but I bit the guys arm off when he offered ?550.

I was outta there and away in seconds.

I sold a car to webuyanycar.com yesterday, got a fair price for it and they took a very small amount off the original quote for a wee dent on the wing. I had also got a guide price from a local car auctions and once they'd taken their commission, I would have got far less than I did yesterday.

Normally I'd have traded in but as we were cutting down from 2 cars in the family to just 1, that wasn't an option and I just wanted an easy sale without all sorts of weirdos coming to my house.

Could well just be a case of a dodgy branch for me then, but I was less than impressed by my whole experience with them. The damage to the car is cosmetic and for a 10 year old car, it has relatively low mileage of 58,000. I thought ?200 was a half decent price and probably would have taken it, but the ?15 offer was ludicrous, and what is more I think their salesman knew it.

Could well just be a case of a dodgy branch for me then, but I was less than impressed by my whole experience with them. The damage to the car is cosmetic and for a 10 year old car, it has relatively low mileage of 58,000. I thought ?200 was a half decent price and probably would have taken it, but the ?15 offer was ludicrous, and what is more I think their salesman knew it.

When a company has more stock than it knows what to do with they make silly offers because if the offer is accepted it is money for jam. If it's knocked back then they are happy cos they don't need new stock anyway. Probably what happened.

Tradies do the same with quotes. If they have loads of work on they quote really high. If they still get the job it's a bonus, if not they don't care.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Guys must of thought you knew hee haw about cars...... I mean you did buy Nissan Almeira!

LOL I had a laugh at the original post.

I am considering selling my current car (a ford focus). It's valued on whatcar (which I have told is pretty accurate) for ?3,000. Webuyanycar are only offering me ?2,500.

Might shove it on gumtree for ?2,900 then...

Guys must of thought you knew hee haw about cars...... I mean you did buy Nissan Almeira!

I got it when I was a student back in 2003 and save for the occasional tyre and break pad change it has been a very reliable car. The scrapes on both bumpers were not caused by me but rather people driving/ reversing into it! My knowledge of cars isn't too much above hee haw in all truth.

Although it was predominantly my girlfriends choice, I do like the Note that we are replacing our current cars with. Not that trendy looking on the outside but all mod cons in. Built in Sat Nav, cruise control, bluetooth, MP3 connectivity etc.

2008-nissan-note-2_460x0w.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jambof3tornado

The wife sold her 206 on we buy any car. Online offer was ?1275,we took the car for a valuation and they said an alloy was damaged(which it was),and offered us ?1150. The wife said er no,1275 and the guy said fair enough. Money in the bank fast and the best trade in she had been offered was 1100.

Stand your ground.

blondejamtart

Wouldn't even give me a quote for my car because they'd never heard of the model and didn't have a clue what it was - absolute clowns!!

Sterling Archer
Wouldn't even give me a quote for my car because they'd never heard of the model and didn't have a clue what it was - absolute clowns!!

Webuysomecarsbutmaybenotyours.com isn't so catchy though is it.

blondejamtart
Webuysomecarsbutmaybenotyours.com isn't so catchy though is it.

Well, they ain't getting their grubby little paws on mine, anyway - 'catchy' (I prefer to call it bloody infuriating) jingle or not!

I work in a serviced office block and webuyanycar has an office here. You can't get parked anywhere near the building for old bangers parked in all the unallocated parking spaces and access roads. Then when the transporter comes to pick them up the whole place gets blocked off. For that reason I hate this company. A car dealer should not be operating from this type of building.

I sold my ex driving school car through we buy any car and i thought they were great, paid off my finance and gave enough back to buy an audi a6 with the change albit an old audi but much better than an abused toyota corolla !

Sounds like he didn't want to buy it at all but wanted to live up to the company's name of webuyanycar hence the insulting offer. It isn't green or turd-broon by any chance is it?

Sounds like he didn't want to buy it at all but wanted to live up to the company's name of webuyanycar hence the insulting offer. It isn't green or turd-broon by any chance is it?

It's silver and is a still a half decent looking car, 5 doors, electric windows, CD player, alloys etc...the guy was trying to rip the pish. Not that I care now, as said car will soon be a pile of scrap metal whilst I'm driving around in my shiny brand new one!

It's silver and is a still a half decent looking car, 5 doors, electric windows, CD player, alloys etc...the guy was trying to rip the pish. Not that I care now, as said car will soon be a pile of scrap metal whilst I'm driving around in my shiny brand new one!

I would've given you ?200 for it :angry:

I'm in need of a **** heap of a car to give my 04' plate focus a wee rest - use it too much.

Oh well...

I would've given you ?200 for it :angry:

I'm in need of a **** heap of a car to give my 04' plate focus a wee rest - use it too much.

Oh well...

HaHa, His horse has already bolted! But if he really wanted the ?200 he should of advertised it or listed it on here!

Lessons to be learnt allround on this one,eh?

I don't think the guy could really be classed as a salesman though, surely it was more the other way round!

You have learned a good lesson, and avoid like plague is a good point to put in your mind when you see these stupid adverts.

As with companies who advertise to buy your house in 21 days, its simple they will offer a silly price, and profit from your loss.

Archived