Loan Deals -Conflict of Interest

willie wallace

willie wallace

With all the talk about loan deals regarding Kyle and Gow i still don't understand how they are allowed to take place between teams in the same league.Surely there is a major conflict of interest involved here.Imagine Kyle playing for Hearts v Falkirk in the last game of the season and he misses a penalty or a great chance that sends Killie down.

I think it should only be transfer deals within your own league.

Kyle plays for Kilmarnock and not Falkirk.

Gow is owned by Plymouth.

I think you are correct however and if loan deals are allowed between clubs in the same league then a clause would be inserted preventing them from playing against their owners. If Kyle moves I think it will be a permanent deal.

I noticed yesterday that Brian Easton is back on loan at Hamilton, 6months after joining Burnley. I think this is a bit weird. So Hamilton pocket the cash from the transfer yet still manage to get the guy back on loan therefore a double benefit to them!

I think you are correct however and if loan deals are allowed between clubs in the same league then a clause would be inserted preventing them from playing against their owners. If Kyle moves I think it will be a permanent deal.

He knows Kyle plays for Kilmarnock, a bit patronising imo. You should read his post more carefully.

I don't see it. If a club is willing to let one of their players go on loan to a competitor, they should be willing to accept the consequences of doing so.

I don't see it. If a club is willing to let one of their players go on loan to a competitor, they should be willing to accept the consequences of doing so.

Exactly, no one is forcing the clubs hand by offering money or otherwise, it is purely voluntary and it will come with a certain risk attached.

It puts a player in an awkward position. As the OP says, Kyle could thereotically send his contracted club down.

you saying we are going to be bottom 6? falkirk last game of season!! I hope its Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, DUFC!

Captain Lithuania

Andy Webster wasn't allowed to play against Rangers earlier in the season for that very reason.

Archived