What or who contributed to Vlad giving the nod to Jeffries appoinment as manager?

Craigieboy

After the dust has settled, certain questions arise.

Given the fact the VR is an arsehole & has proved this over an extended period of time, what moved him to make such a sensible appointment?

I'm sure most will agree that JJ coming in on Friday was a complete shock. As soon as CL left, I immediately opted for JJ. Only in my dreams though. I felt that after such a prolonged period of madness, to have a Hearts man in charge was needed, badly. I expected a ***** to come in. I was wrong. VR has OK'd the best candidate for the job.

So, what & who contributed to this decision?

Walter Bishop

In all honesty i think it was a move to get the fans back on side.

Csaba was a loose cannon and full of sheite and we were all bound to be a bit more disgruntled with the transfer window shutting and no strikers coming in, so imo Vlad put 2+2 together and came up with a solution to making the fans happy and business wise he will be hoping for bums on seats and season ticket renewals.

south morocco

It shows yet another side of VR, the fact that JJ was out of work certainly was a big factor which played right into VR s hand,then another blast by csaba,and thats it,vlad knows of thef emotional pull for JJ and the appeasement of the fans getting a legend back,double whammy from VR he looks good, we have jeff again, probably a couple of jeff signings in ,hopefully get into the final and everyone is happy again,well done sergey who i think has some common sense

loveofthegame

It will have been Vlad and his PR men. Feed the fans more hope to keep us on side for just now.

I get more optimistic and then a story comes out after the game about Jose not being played until/unless he signs a new contract and i think to myself that that crazy **** VR still hasn't changed at all.

Appointing JJ is phenomenal. A seriously massive boost. But ONLY if he is allowed to manage the club his 100% his way. While VR is in charge i cant see this happening, and whilst im delighted at the moment that JJ is home, i worry when i think how long it'll actually last...

Francis Albert

The new DoF is my guess. Only new factor in the equation. Don't buy the "getting fans back on side" thing - its not bothered Vlad before at times when the fans were less on-side.

I've been led to believe that Aleksandr Metlitski and Campbell Ogilvie played a large part in getting JJ back to Tynecastle Park.

The cynical side of me is saying that Romanov gets JJ back, it fails, and then VR turns around and says "right I listened to the fans and they were wrong, now we take my choices in future"

I think VR likes managers who will be grateful for the job. Burley aside and that didn't last.

Rix - disgraced and desperate for work

Ivanauskas - first big job, more than he could have hoped for

Frail - desperate to manage

Csaba - wanted out of Africa and back into club management

JJ - out of work and lured by love of club

Francis Albert

Bit of an insult to JJ. He's onlybeen out of work for a couple of weeks and can hardly be on his uppers.

Find it hard to believe it was Vlad's initiative that brought JJ back, based on what the fans wanted. Fanciful stuff.

In all honesty i think it was a move to get the fans back on side.

Csaba was a loose cannon and full of sheite and we were all bound to be a bit more disgruntled with the transfer window shutting and no strikers coming in, so imo Vlad put 2+2 together and came up with a solution to making the fans happy and business wise he will be hoping for bums on seats and season ticket renewals.

I think he definately has appeased the fans with bringing in JJ and its proven to be a popular choice.

Csaba made a rod for his own back and that's what got him the sack. We all know we need a striker but Csaba made that his focus and turned it into a public battle with Vlad by mouthing off to the press.

Whether Vlad is using this purely to keep us happy remains to be seen.

I sincerely hope that he trusts JJ, lets him pick the team and have a major input in who comes in and who leaves. If he did that I think it will prove that he brought in JJ to get Hearts back to a standard which the fans expect.

The plan for the immediate future is to reduce the debt while keeping us at a standard that we expect. Vlad will know JJ's record with producing and featuring youth players and it fits in with our financial strategy.

I really hope it isn't for the reasons you have stated but no doubt in the summer we will see what the clubs ambitions are.

Bit of an insult to JJ. He's onlybeen out of work for a couple of weeks and can hardly be on his uppers.

Find it hard to believe it was Vlad's initiative that brought JJ back, based on what the fans wanted. Fanciful stuff.

If he is allowed to manage things his way it will be great.

Toronto Jambo

If it was Vlad's intention to get us "back on side", how long will that be for? Jefferies has to go sooner or later and chances are he will be fired. What would our faces look like then? Let's say we are doing poorly and sacking him wouldnt look too bad, the reason we would doing bad is likely to be down to the fact that little players are being brought in. Does that mean Vlad only wants us to be "on his side" until some sort of overarching plan can come to fruitition?

If he is allowed to manage things his way it will be great.

If he's allowed to manage things his way it could be great.

According to Charlie Mann, on Open all mics today, it was between Csaba and JJ for the job the last time.

So maybe Vlad sees the club run by a Jambo who will run it with the club at heart, no pun intended, and not try and load us up with more debt.

A club run with passion and young players and good fitba' , interests other clubs who are will to give Vlad loads of cash for the players, makes Vlad happy. Us being happy is a by-product.

Hope this makes some kinda sense as I'm shattered and not sounding right.

I just hope Vlad knows ;)

Seriously this is a terrific appointment and if our new DoF has had a hand in it then i'm glad Vlad brought him here after all. My worry is that it is a bit of a ploy just to make it look like he's interested again/get the fans back on-side a bit - I hope he afford JJ the same time Csaba had and some respect.

After the dust has settled, certain questions arise.

Given the fact the VR is an arsehole & has proved this over an extended period of time, what moved him to make such a sensible appointment?

I'm sure most will agree that JJ coming in on Friday was a complete shock. As soon as CL left, I immediately opted for JJ. Only in my dreams though. I felt that after such a prolonged period of madness, to have a Hearts man in charge was needed, badly. I expected a ***** to come in. I was wrong. VR has OK'd the best candidate for the job.

So, what & who contributed to this decision?

Because we need him. Only the best for Hearts will do.

I felt the same but was reassured by the following quote (Scotsman - copied from the 'Jose could be on his way out' thread).....

'Forced to select players for yesterday's game who he knew little about, he says he will have a better idea of the right balance and personnel for Tuesday's Co-operative Insurance Cup semi-final against St Mirren at Fir Park and hopes to have Jose Goncalves back in contention. The Portuguese defender has been a stand-out for the Tynecastle side this season but was left out of the side yesterday due to uncertainty about his future'.

"He has been in discussions with the club and I think he thinks he might be on the move in the January window," said Jefferies. "There are only a couple of days to go, so I just felt that when people have that kind of thing in their mind then I would just wait and see, but the club want him to stay and I want him to stay. If he is on the move it will be in next 24/48 hours, but if it (the transfer window] closes and he is still at the club then he will come back into contention, possibly even for Tuesday."

I was pleasantly surprised when I read this on the club website, explaining why Jose was left out yesterday. It sounds sensible and reasonable and prevents the rumour mill on here going into overdrive. This is what we have wanted for a while now, more open-ness from the club and the fans kept informed. It will make this forum a much happier place to be...........maybe!!

I don't think JJ being out of work would've been the deciding factor at all.

There was nothing more JJ could've done at Killie, and had he still been there, keeping a skint club with no fans in the SPL year on year, then surely we could've just gone in for him. I very much doubt Killie would've stood in his way.

Craigieboy, the way I see it there are three major advantages in having JJ as manager:

One, both he and Lockey love the club, and Vlad should be at ease with that. Or you would hope.

Two, his age means that this will probably be his last managerial post. Vlad should be happy that he's not going to touting himself for the Celtic job or suchlike.

Three, JJ has proven to be a success here before. He is just what we need right now. Someone who can do a clever job, but can also handle Vlad's ego. It seems that JJ is going to accept Vlad for now anyway. I was really impressed with what he's said so far.

portobellojambo1

I, personally, don't think Jefferies got the job, because he just happened to be out of work. In fact I believe the reason Jim Jefferies was out of work was because he'd already been made aware he was wanted back at Tynecastle.

This all didn't come about while he was in a changing room trying on a new suit. Jefferies spent either 2 or 3 days over in Lithuania last week in discussions.

What brought about Laszlo's dismissal. Combination of things I suspect, both players and fans being unhappy by his constantly negative tactics and formations, talking out of turn to the press (which probably scuppered a couple of cheap deals early in the window) and I suspect his comments about the youngsters in general have all played their part in his exit.

He (Jefferies) was wanted before Laszlo was appointed, but it didn't happen, and it was more a case of when he came back rather than if he came back.

The Old Tolbooth

The thing that I cant understand is that the Kilmarnock fans were actually delighted to get rid of a man who had them punching above their weight for 8 years on a zero budget and kept them not just in the SPL, but also still able to operate as a club because had they went down then the word is they would have went under.

As for Csaba's sacking and JJ's appointment I cringed a little bit at the interview when he said he was "shopping in Edinburgh" when he got the phone call and knew nothing about it, yeah right Jim :laugh:

This all didn't come about while he was in a changing room trying on a new suit. Jefferies spent either 2 or 3 days over in Lithuania last week in discussions.

In that case Jefferies is a liar and should be sacked.

Walter Bishop
I, personally, don't think Jefferies got the job, because he just happened to be out of work. In fact I believe the reason Jim Jefferies was out of work was because he'd already been made aware he was wanted back at Tynecastle.

What brought about Laszlo's dismissal. Combination of things I suspect, both players and fans being unhappy by his constantly negative tactics and formations, talking out of turn to the press (which probably scuppered a couple of cheap deals early in the window) and I suspect his comments about the youngsters in general have all played their part in his exit.

He (Jefferies) was wanted before Laszlo was appointed, but it didn't happen, and it was more a case of when he came back rather than if he came back.

How do you know this?

The Real Maroonblood

Maybe new owners on the horizon.

I live in hope.

Cheap option and available. Simple as that. Although since csaba was sacked he would actually have been my choice to replace him

There was nothing more JJ could've done at Killie, and had he still been there, keeping a skint club with no fans in the SPL year on year, then surely we could've just gone in for him. I very much doubt Killie would've stood in his way.

Craigieboy, the way I see it there are three major advantages in having JJ as manager:

One, both he and Lockey love the club, and Vlad should be at ease with that. Or you would hope.

Two, his age means that this will probably be his last managerial post. Vlad should be happy that he's not going to touting himself for the Celtic job or suchlike.

Three, JJ has proven to be a success here before. He is just what we need right now. Someone who can do a clever job, but can also handle Vlad's ego. It seems that JJ is going to accept Vlad for now anyway. I was really impressed with what he's said so far.

Point two is the biggie for me, I said it to my mate Friday when we were discussin this at great length, its all about doing the best fo Hearts ,not having one eye on a bigger job.

Personally, I'm astonished JJ has come back with the mad one still running the show. Does he know something the fans don't? Maybe Foulkes' New Year statement hinting change coming was not so wide of the mark?

Personally, I'm astonished JJ has come back with the mad one still running the show.

Why?

The Hearts job is one of the best in the country no matter who owns the club.

If the job was advertised, there'd be a hundred applicants.

Why?

You are right, desipte claims on here.

So already he's been co-erced into lying/covering up the owners underhand behaviour ?

The story he (Jefferies) is putting out re his appointment, stinks, if we're honest about it

I dont see what the problem is with admitting he was approached before Csaba was sacked, other than of course it helps to support the position that he was sacked after and because of his latest outburst to the press and potentially saves the club ?1/4 million in compensation.

Understandable of course that they'd want to save that money but it seems Jefferies has ALREADY been economical with the truth (at best) to protect the owner

The cynical side of me is saying that Romanov gets JJ back, it fails, and then VR turns around and says "right I listened to the fans and they were wrong, now we take my choices in future"

I think VR likes managers who will be grateful for the job. Burley aside and that didn't last.

Rix - disgraced and desperate for work

Ivanauskas - first big job, more than he could have hoped for

Frail - desperate to manage

Csaba - wanted out of Africa and back into club management

JJ is only there because he kept Killie running on a shoestring. I believe based on Romanovs selling of players without any reinvestment, the hope is Jeffries can pull off another miracle for a year or two. Romanov has one interest MONEY, if success comes fine but Jeffries is here to nurture our young talent and that is all. If any signings are performed in this window they will be part of Jeffries agreement . Vlad has always interfered always will and unfortunately Jeffries who,s love for Hearts could never be questioned, will be the next sacrifice.

Why?

You're maybe right

4 years ago we were probably the only UK club with a clearly mentalist owner. Now just about every second club has a mentalist owner

I think managers have had to adapt a bit and know that odds are they'll have to work with a mentalist at some stage, so it might as well be at a big SPL club...

Moneh, timing and fans.

JJ is the only manager who would take the job as soon as asked, is cheap and is already liked by the fans.

I agree with all of your post except the bits in red, which I`d say remains to be seen, nobody accepts Vlad, it`s the other way round.

Hopefully I`ll be proved wrong, only time will tell.

MacDonald Jardine
So already he's been co-erced into lying/covering up the owners underhand behaviour ?

The story he (Jefferies) is putting out re his appointment, stinks, if we're honest about it

I dont see what the problem is with admitting he was approached before Csaba was sacked, other than of course it helps to support the position that he was sacked after and because of his latest outburst to the press and potentially saves the club ?1/4 million in compensation.

Understandable of course that they'd want to save that money but it seems Jefferies has ALREADY been economical with the truth (at best) to protect the owner

The problem is it' sagainst SFA/SPL rules and would lead to a fine at least if it was found that Hearts had tapped JJ at Kilmarnock.

Kilmarnock were in a similar position with Tommy Burns and Celtic a few years ago.

Why?

Mmm... it remains to be seen if, under Romanov, that applies to candidates with no emotional connection to the club, BB. After periods of thinking European, a continental management structure and all the rest of it, I think we've come full circle: former Hearts players tended to become manager here before Vlad came along, and now, out of necessity as much as anything, it's happened again.

JJ has said he has spoken to Vlad before and he thinks hs is a great guy. Vlad, obviously, thinks JJ is a top bloke as well. I don't see what the problem is.

Personally, I'm astonished JJ has come back with the mad one still running the show. Does he know something the fans don't? Maybe Foulkes' New Year statement hinting change coming was not so wide of the mark?

Its not a bad wage i'd guess, if you fail in it, it wont damage your cv too much as working for Vlad has proved difficult in the past so it can be blamed on him but if you succeed your rep would go right up.

The Real Maroonblood

I now feel let down.

JJ must go.

10900::10900::10900:

Its not a bad wage i'd guess, if you fail in it, it wont damage your cv too much as working for Vlad has proved difficult in the past so it can be blamed on him but if you succeed your rep would go right up.

I've said this all along...........far from being a hiding to nothing it's a win-win in my opinion !

If you take the team into a challenging position then your stock rises. If you fail then Vlad, AS WE ALL KNEW BEFOREHAND, is a complete bam and has sullied the rep of YET another good manager ?

So you hang around Riccarton for 6 - 10 months, get sacked, then have you're day in court - or more likely "sign the clause" and trouser your out of court settlement - job done !

Anyway in this instance I would like to think that VR has simply left it to the Edinburgh end of the company to just do the best they can, while keeping to the cost cutting brief as before ?

Having watched sports for the major part of my life, I will say that the one thing that is consistent in all, is an ability to embelish fact with their version of the truth, either by direct statement or the comment that is not made. A feeling of what they don't know won't harm them syndrome seems to exist.

As far as the hiring of JJ is concerned I really don't care how it came about, I do suspect that the new guy had a major say in the selection, and it done no harm that JJ was out of employment at the time. With regard to how long he will last, that will depend on his rate of success, and his relationship with Vlad. The two are not necessarily always related.

As far as Csaba is concerned I can think of no occupation where you can publicly show your disdain, your total disagreement in principle with company policy, and regularly claim that your employer is the cause of poor results. Its fine to say these things in the proper environment, the Board Room, private meetings with the employer, but to take it to the newspapers is just like writing a suicide note, you have gone this far, you may as well finish the act, in this case the employer done the job for the subject.

I personally am quite happy, of course as I have been told frequently recently, it costs me nothing, any way I am happy with the decision made, I will be happy if new faces are brought in on the playing staff, but if not I would be satisfied with an attitude of desire, effort, and reward for effort and punishment for lack of desire. Just as a player show us that you are, win or lose prepared to work hard for your very excellent salary. From his past and comments I have read here it seems Jeffries is the man to demand this also.

Why?

I too am surprised and can see a difficult relationship between Vlad and JJ.

According to Charlie Mann, on Open all mics today, it was between Csaba and JJ for the job the last time.

So maybe Vlad sees the club run by a Jambo who will run it with the club at heart, no pun intended, and not try and load us up with more debt.

A club run with passion and young players and good fitba' , interests other clubs who are will to give Vlad loads of cash for the players, makes Vlad happy. Us being happy is a by-product.

Hope this makes some kinda sense as I'm shattered and not sounding right.

I am amazed,that finally after reading hundreds of posts on here since Friday night that someone has mentioned Jefferies was in the frame last time round along with or as I understood after McGoo.

From that time, the word was that certain assurances from Romonov were not forthcoming (most probable keeping his neb out of team selection).

Wind forward 18 months, have these assurances now been met?

On Saturday The Sun was the only paper which mentioned about Laslo not being allowed to select Jose. Again hardly mentioned on any posts all weekend.

CL will do a lot of mud-slinging in the coming days/weeks, the press boys love him, so their angle will be heavily weighted against Romanov & Hearts. It's only just starting IMHO.

What I would also add to the 2nd advantage is that not only will this most likely be his last managerial post but being a Hearts man - if there is a whole load of nonsense happening behind the scenes, then JJ has absolutely nothing to lose by exposing it. I just feel so much more comfortable that if JJ says it's broke - then it's broke. ANd if it's not broke - it's not broke

Archived