One of JJ's teams that kickstarted the 98 cup win?

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

I'm trying to remember the team that played against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and won 2-1

If I remember we where really struggling in the league and JJ came in and one of the 1st signings he made was Pasquale Bruno. He then brought in Locke, McManus and Johnston into the team and we went to Aberdeen and beat them with a Johnston goal 10 minutes from time.

Always felt that game was the catalyst for the 98 cup win.

It may have been 1995 because we then went onto play Rangers in the 96 cup final (i think) and lost 5-1.

What was the full team that day?

I'm trying to remember the team that played against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and won 2-1

If I remember we where really struggling in the league and JJ came in and one of the 1st signings he made was Pasquale Bruno. He then brought in Locke, McManus and Johnston into the team and we went to Aberdeen and beat them with a Johnston goal 10 minutes from time.

It may have been 1995 because we then went onto play Rangers in the 96 cup final (i think) and lost 5-1.

Nice memories. Definitley a tide turning point for the club.

Brining it forward to the cup winning season, I remember a game in Feb/March on the cup winning season when we beat Aberdeen 3-1 at home as the 'moment' for me. Stevie Fulton and Colin Cameron basically governed the show, and you could look at eleven players and arguably state than more than half of them were potential (regular) goal scorers.

That team was solid. That manager is back.

Deodato

JJ felt his turning points were both the 2-0 defeat at Brockville and the penalty shoot-out loss at Dens Park in the CCCup. Around that time we bought Stevie Fulton and Gilles Rousset.

The 1996 signings were key: Cameron, McCann, Weir, Salvatori, Hamilton.

and 1997: Flogel, Adam

plus bringing on the young team: Ritchie, Naysmith, Murray.

and keeping the old guys in good shape: McPherson, Robbo.

There's your cup winning team of 1998.

Brining it forward to the cup winning season, I remember a game in Feb/March on the cup winning season when we beat Aberdeen 3-1 at home as the 'moment' for me. Stevie Fulton and Colin Cameron basically governed the show, and you could look at eleven players and arguably state than more than half of them were potential (regular) goal scorers.

Deodato

Did Fulton score the first? Might have been the first game of the 97/98 season. I'll check London Hearts...

Edit: There is a 4-1 1st home game where we were fantastic...

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199708161.html

The game you mention...

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199802251.html

JJ felt his turning points were both the 2-0 defeat at Brockville and the penalty shoot-out loss at Dens Park in the CCCup. Around that time we bought Stevie Fulton and Gilles Rousset.

The 1996 signings were key: Cameron, McCann, Weir, Salvatori, Hamilton.

and 1997: Flogel, Adam

plus bringing on the young team: Ritchie, Naysmith, Murray.

and keeping the old guys in good shape: McPherson, Robbo.

There's your cup winning team of 1998.

I repeat my previous comment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Deodato

The 3-1 win was a Wednesday night game in February of 1998 when Gary Naysmith scored an absolute raker from 30 yards to put us 2-1 up after Aberdeen fluked an equaliser.

One of many great performances that season.

Italian Lambretta

The teams that followed where exceptional and led to the 98 cup win. The Aberdeen win at sheepland was a defining moment for me as we had hit rock bottom after the Falkirk defeat and had no option but to introduce the under 16 cup winning side in the 1st team.

Locke

McManus

Ritchie

Johnston

Don't have dates so I hope its accurate.

Did Fulton score the first? Might have been the first game of the 97/98 season. I'll check London Hearts...

Edit: There is a 4-1 1st home game where we were fantastic...

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199708161.html

The game you mention...

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199802251.html

That was my first game as a season ticket holder. When Aberdeen scored first, the guy sitting behind me said "Oh boy. It's going to be a long season.....".

I suppose, in a way, he was right.

Seymour M Hersh
I repeat my previous comment.

And would probably win the league in the current SPL. Only my opinion of course.

This one?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199512161.html

Archived