Wayne Foster Cup Celebrations versus Hibs

Silvery_Moon

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Saw Wayne delivering his post today , First Class memories up there with Stamp putting a seal on a win also @ Fester road

Sure Fosters match wearing jersey from the game is still on show in the Tynecastle Arms

The fighting in the stand to the right between hibs fans, cops and stewards was priceless after Fozzie scored. What a day.

For me that day was better than the 4-0 at Hampden, as the press gave us no chance.

Also if I remember correctly, Robbo was supposed to be injured for the game :)

The fighting in the stand to the right between hibs fans, cops and stewards was priceless after Fozzie scored. What a day.

For me that day was better than the 4-0 at Hampden, as the press gave us no chance.

Ha ha, you're quite right. I remember being at the game fearing the worst cos wee Robbo wasn't playing, when I saw him running out I said to my mate "guaranteed a goal from the wee man now" he duly obliged and when Fozzie put it through Bandies legs the Dunbar end erupted. Great days. :biggrin:

After following Hearts for over 50 years this game is in my top 5 away games, the celebrations were fantastic

Hibs also had us under a lot of pressure for a sizeable part of the first half, including Levein just about clearing off the line by kicking the ball off the post then out for a corner.

Vivid memories of that game, I remember saying to my dad that if we were to lose (and we were underdogs that day) that McLaren would leave the Monday. I was told off by the fan in front for my lack of positivity!

Completely lost my stance when we scored the second. Just a fantastic day out.

Guest JamboRobbo

Think I went forward about 10 rows and back again without my feet touching the ground. :biggrin:

Was in the stand that day and after the goal ended up in a completely different row, so did a boy next to me who was about 80, he lost it like everyone else.:biggrin:

What a day.

That was my first derby game. My uncle (a hobo) was in with us. Apart from Robbo scoring early on i spent the whole game cacking myself cause all the play seemed to be going for the hobos. When they scored i turned to grass up my uncle to everyone, but my dad made me face the pitch. Then cacking myself cause it was Fozzie running at Leighton, then a Legend was born. Another memory of that day was hearing the songs aimed at Dougie Donnelly and Derek Johnstone in the dookit above us.

Hibs also had us under a lot of pressure for a sizeable part of the first half, including Levein just about clearing off the line by kicking the ball off the post then out for a corner.

Vivid memories of that game, I remember saying to my dad that if we were to lose (and we were underdogs that day) that McLaren would leave the Monday. I was told off by the fan in front for my lack of positivity!

Yeah I uploaded that too - just for completeness.

A few things which made me lol, 1) the massive key and 2) Hearts had half of the stand opposite the camera and a huge support behind the goals. Probably more supporters there than the wee team, EPIC HIBS FAIL.

:mwah:

Archived