Tickets flying off the shelf!

Skivingatwork

Skivingatwork

Evening fellow JKBers,

Just been on the website purchasing my semi tickets (have been waiting for payday) and couldn't buy any for the upper tier, row B lower available only.

However, as I clicked away a couple of times, the Upper tiers magically appeared for sale.

Cant help feeling that the signing of Barr will encourage the sales for upcoming games as we appear to be have signed some homegrown talent and not an unknown Eastern European huddie.

If a striker follows in the coming weeks then a return to the Halcyon days of "All hail Vlad" will soon be upon us.

And so I bid you good evening as I go to dust off my Vlad hat for wednesday night...:teeth:

Hearts of Vladland
Evening fellow JKBers,

Just been on the website purchasing my semi tickets (have been waiting for payday) and couldn't buy any for the upper tier, row B lower available only.

However, as I clicked away a couple of times, the Upper tiers magically appeared for sale.

Cant help feeling that the signing of Barr will encourage the sales for upcoming games as we appear to be have signed some homegrown talent and not an unknown Eastern European huddie.

If a striker follows in the coming weeks then a return to the Halcyon days of "All hail Vlad" will soon be upon us.

And so I bid you good evening as I go to dust off my Vlad hat for wednesday night...:teeth:

He isn't our player yet :wacko:

Evening fellow JKBers,

I'm not so sure we'll ever see the return of the all-out Vlad worship of July, August, September, April and May of 2005/06 but it would be nice to feel that we can go in the right direction again some day.

We're all a bit battered and bruised from the last few years so just the thought of having a decent team would be good enough for most of us.

I got so swept off my feet back in those days that I even had the Lithuanian national anthem as my mobile phone ringtone; in that then cutting edge polypheonic sound.

No one should feel embarrassed about how we sang his name. I take the good time as they come.

southside1874

I think you have to give Csaba a bit praise for standing up to him and staying the distance.

I remember speaking to Gary MacKay at the hospitality when Csaba first came on the scene and asking if he was just a yes man.

He replied that he didn't think he would be and if mucked about he would just walk. He went on to say he knew what he was about and couldn't see him putting up with interference in team selection.

Skivingatwork

I got so swept off my feet back in those days that I even had the Lithuanian national anthem as my mobile phone ringtone; in that then cutting edge polypheonic sound.

I had "La donna e Mobile" as mine...Happy Days!

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Does anyone have an idea of how many semi tickets have been sold so far?

Hardly any but near to half of the allocation we have received... wonder if the stay away's will require one SHOULD Hearts make it to the final ?

steve_the_jambo

:teeth:

a bit early for all hail vlad tbh:rubeyes:

Hardly any but near to half of the allocation we have received... wonder if the stay away's will require one SHOULD Hearts make it to the final ?

To have an allocation of 7900 for a Cup Semi and not come even close to selling majority of them is pretty dismal if you ask me.

I know the League Cup hasnt been well supported by us in the past until we get to the final but if you are correct that we have only sold around 4k then I have to say thats embarrassing.

oh ah grantona

tickets hardly flyin off shelf if u look at previous diddy semi finals we have been in we have taken around 8k mark and usually the biggest support with the highest percent of avg gate

**** the part timers who dont turn up to a game all season, not even a semi final, but will be at the final (if we get there)

I hate them as much as I hate Hibs fans.

No doubt they'll be clamouring for cup final tickets, should we make it.

Luckily the club recognises the real fans.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
**** the part timers who dont turn up to a game all season, not even a semi final, but will be at the final (if we get there)

No you don't.

:biggrin:

Oh fur feck sake:wacko::wacko:

I think as the real fans who are going to Fir Park should only be allowed to Hampden should we go through. :dribble:

Great atmosphere that would be. :wacko:

Better still, lets round up all the 'part time fans' regardless of their circumstances and paint cover them in Hobo coloured paint.

So you would rather we only took 14,000 to a cup final?:wacko:

Well I won't be at the semi. But if we get to the final I will want to be there.

I suppose I could go to the semi, all it means is that I would get sacked by my work. Surely worth that little inconvenience to be a real fan.

portobellojambo1
I think as the real fans who are going to Fir Park should only be allowed to Hampden should we go through. :dribble:

Great atmosphere that would be. :wacko:

Better still, lets round up all the 'part time fans' regardless of their circumstances and paint cover them in Hobo coloured paint.

As far as I'm aware those attending the semi-final will get first go at tickets for the final (a reminder to all going not to throw their ticket stub away after the game). If there are 7,900 there and they are all entitled to, for example, 2 or 3 tickets each should we make the final it could make it a rather interesting scramble.

So you would rather we only took 14,000 to a cup final?:wacko:

No, I would like HMFC to sell out.

Only loyal HMFC fans allowed, that is season ticket holders or people who go to league and cup games when they can, not just finals.

You know the sort im sure, you would have seen about 20,000 of them at Hampden in May 2006.

Why do these ballbags never show up at Tynecastle like the rest of us? Not even once.

jambojackbilly
No, I would like HMFC to sell out.

Only loyal HMFC fans allowed, that is season ticket holders or people who go to league and cup games when they can, not just finals.

You know the sort im sure, you would have seen about 20,000 of them at Hampden in May 2006.

Why do these ballbags never show up at Tynecastle like the rest of us? Not even once.

You have a point but it's the same at most clubs who can attract big numbers and always will

I think a few people, as per, have taken it a bit too far. Im not talking about people missing the semi for valid reasons. Im talking about the people who miss every HMFC game for no reason.

They far are worse than part timers and any Hibs fan IMO, they show up for one final every few years and read the Hearts result in a newspaper on a Monday morning every other week and claim to be one of us.

I dont think these reptiles should be painted green because they are not filthy Leithiopians, maybe grey? The colour of a neutral.

As far as I'm aware those attending the semi-final will get first go at tickets for the final (a reminder to all going not to throw their ticket stub away after the game). If there are 7,900 there and they are all entitled to, for example, 2 or 3 tickets each should we make the final it could make it a rather interesting scramble.

Cant really argue with those going to the semi getting ahead in the pecking order on final tickets, but not 2 or 3 each surely ? That gives them control of 2 tickets each which could go to non ST holders. (I'm going to the semi so it wont affect me but if I wasnt I'd expect a guaranteed ticket for the final ahead of a non ST holder who went to the semi final)

The club wont do anything IMO which impacts on the rights of a ST holder to get a cup final ticket before a non ST Holder.

We'd get something like 22,000 tickets for a final against Rangers, more for a final against St Johnstone. I'd imagine that allocation will fully satisfy the demands of ST holders (priority), AND those non ST holders who are going to the semi (2nd priority) If theres any left after that, people who dont go to games regularly can fight over them.

southside1874

Lets make this so exclusive that no one else can support the Jambos ever???????

Season ticket holders first, the rest later. If you want to go to the game and you can get a ticket then surely thats allowed. I went to loads of hospitality with supporters of other teams because the company wanted to give clients a day out. Sometimes I thought that real Jambos would like this, but then its open to all to come along and enjoy a day out with the Jambos.

Season ticket holders first, the rest later. If you want to go to the game and you can get a ticket then surely thats allowed.

Yep. Season ticket holders first, then those who have followed the club over the years. Fingers crossed after that there will be none left so the extreme part timers who show up for 1 final per decade get what they deserve - zilch.

Yep. Season ticket holders first, then those who have followed the club over the years. Fingers crossed after that there will be none left so the extreme part timers who show up for 1 final per decade get what they deserve - zilch.

Just out of interest, what percentage of a Hearts cup final attendance do you reckon dont go to any other games apart from cup finals. Getting exact figures for that would be hard so its just an opinion, but I reckon it'd be way less than 10% and I'm guessing most of them only went because someone who does go regularly managed to get them a ticket, otherwise they wouldnt have really been that bothered about going.

jambojackbilly

lol and agrees :biggrin:

Just out of interest, what percentage of a Hearts cup final attendance do you reckon dont go to any other games apart from cup finals. Getting exact figures for that would be hard so its just an opinion, but I reckon it'd be way less than 10%

Hmm not sure, but there is a healthy amount. Too many people in Edinburgh and the Lothians avoid Tynecastle on a Saturday when the team need their support.

If we can get 40,000 at Hampden then why are there a few thousand empty seats every week at Tynecastle?

My point is, there must be some of the 25,000 non season ticket holders who were at Hampden in 2006 who can fill the extra 2000 empty seats at Tynecastle. Where are these people :wacko:

Edit - I will just give my explanation - A number are Extreme Part Timers who dont care 99% of the time about HMFC.

southside1874
Just out of interest, what percentage of a Hearts cup final attendance do you reckon dont go to any other games apart from cup finals. Getting exact figures for that would be hard so its just an opinion, but I reckon it'd be way less than 10% and I'm guessing most of them only went because someone who does go regularly managed to get them a ticket, otherwise they wouldnt have really been that bothered about going.

Exactly:biggrin:

I've managed to turn some fans of other teams by getting them tickets for Hearts games. That was not the intention but that was the outcome. No they are not hardcore fans but they follow the team week in week out, does that make them bad people?

jambojackbilly

No they are not hardcore fans but they follow the team week in week out,

Confused :rubeyes: but

If they never followed a team prior nice one

If they did follow a team prior never a true fan now

Exactly:biggrin:

I've managed to turn some fans of other teams by getting them tickets for Hearts games. That was not the intention but that was the outcome. No they are not hardcore fans but they follow the team week in week out, does that make them bad people?

I wouldnt even call them people.

Subhuman.

:boak: @ their behaviour. Gives me the shivers.

southside1874
No they are not hardcore fans but they follow the team week in week out,

Confused :rubeyes: but

If they never followed a team prior nice one

If they did follow a team prior never a true fan now

As much as I love the JTs myself, it does occur to me that other folk don't give the same commitment as me and I indeed probably don't give the same commitment as yourself. I am only aware of the facts that if we want to win things we need to put bums on seats and have folk buying into the dream and merchandise.

If they are not as "hardcore" as you, maybe they or indeed I shouldn't bother my arse about Hearts again.

Hearts are a community football club and not about your personal politics mate.:biggrin:

As much as I love the JTs myself, it does occur to me that other folk don't give the same commitment as me and I indeed probably don't give the same commitment as yourself. I am only aware of the facts that if we want to win things we need to put bums on seats and have folk buying into the dream and merchandise.

If they are not as "hardcore" as you, maybe they or indeed I shouldn't bother my arse about Hearts again.

Hearts are a community football club and not about your personal politics mate.:biggrin:

Terrible suggestion. My advice to them would be to make more of an effort or **** off.

***Again I would like to point out that I dont mean the people who have valid reasons for not going to the games, I mean the subhuman EPTs***

southside1874
Terrible suggestion. My advice to them would be to make more of an effort or **** off.

***Again I would like to point out that I dont mean the people who have valid reasons for not going to the games, I mean the subhuman EPTs***

So by going with you logic you wouldn't mind if the majority of Scots that want to be independent said that if folk in Scotland wanted to be part of England then they should go and live in England?

If you want to have the attitude thats up to yourself. I don't impose my attitude on others and if folk want to support Hearts in whatever shape or form, it doesn't concern me. All I want is that they have the overall good of the club at they're heart.

So by going with you logic you wouldn't mind if the majority of Scots that want to be independent said that if folk in Scotland wanted to be part of England then they should go and live in England?

If you want to have the attitude thats up to yourself. I don't impose my attitude on others and if folk want to support Hearts in whatever shape or form, it doesn't concern me. All I want is that they have the overall good of the club at they're heart.

We are talking football here, I thought you just told jambojackbilly off for bringing politics into things? Please dont do the same then. Its not even the same scenario IMO.

Problem is they dont have 'the overall good of the club at heart', because as I keep saying, they dont care until we are in a cup final. If they cared about the club then they would actually turn up at Tynecastle for the smaller games, not just happen to hear the result on a Monday morning and pretend to be chuffed. It grinds my gears, they dont have a clue about HMFC.

No bad attitude here though, this is 100% justified. I have nothing to worry about though because I doubt we will ever have the chance to take 40,000 fans to Hampden again, so these monsters wont be able to pollute our atmosphere with their nouveau fan nonsense.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I freely admit I'll be clamouring for one.

However, logistics kind of prevent me from making the semi.

Frankly, I can understand the apathy.

I've been a supporter for umpty years, ST and shareholder. I will turn up on foul Wednesday nights to watch them play crap teams in 'doesn't matter' league games and have even attended away friendlies.

But I will not be 'clamouring' for a league cup final ticket even if we make it.

I just can't take the diddy cup seriously (and neither do the bigger clubs who regularly field what looks like a 'reserve side' in the earlier rounds).

Say we do happen to get to a League Cup Final at Hampden against Rangers and the boys are going into the last ten minutes with a great chance of victory, I wonder how many of the 'It's just the Diddy Cup' brigade will still be too cool for school?

I think a lot of people talk absolute bollox about the League Cup being too inferior for them. You take a look at the stand behind the goal as Robertson slid in to equalize in 1996 and then tell me it didn't mean anything.

Say we do happen to get to a League Cup Final at Hampden against Rangers and the boys are going into the last ten minutes with a great chance of victory, I wonder how many of the 'It's just the Diddy Cup' brigade will still be too cool for school?

I think a lot of people talk absolute bollox about the League Cup being too inferior for them. You take a look at the stand behind the goal as Robertson slid in to equalize in 1996 and then tell me it didn't mean anything.

Couldn't agree more. I find it pretty pathetic that a few fans don't seem to care, I don't understand it.

Since beating Rangers in the 98 Cup final, we've made ONE final in any cup competition. That's not good enough for a club of our size and I want to see my team back in a final again. I don't care what the cup is, it's silverware.

We are talking football here, I thought you just told jambojackbilly off for bringing politics into things? Please dont do the same then. Its not even the same scenario IMO.

Problem is they dont have 'the overall good of the club at heart', because as I keep saying, they dont care until we are in a cup final. If they cared about the club then they would actually turn up at Tynecastle for the smaller games, not just happen to hear the result on a Monday morning and pretend to be chuffed. It grinds my gears, they dont have a clue about HMFC.

No bad attitude here though, this is 100% justified. I have nothing to worry about though because I doubt we will ever have the chance to take 40,000 fans to Hampden again, so these monsters wont be able to pollute our atmosphere with their nouveau fan nonsense.

I can picture you at your computer Snottering and Crying while you post your points on this thread!! :biggrin:

Grow up ya Trumpet...If people don't want to go to a Pesh Semi against St Midden at Murderwell, Then IFwe get to the Final, they decide they'll get a ticket for the Final, WTF difference does it make to you?? You'll be there KNOWING your a better supporter than anyone else...:dribble:

I'm not going to the Semi, Last Diddy Cup game I was at was the 4-3 game against the Terrorist lovin Rankgers **** at Darkheid...I wasn't getting a ticket to the Final IF we got there, I may now just to P*** guy's like you off...It'd be funny if I got one and you didn't because you had School the next day and your Mum wouldn't let you go!! :biggrin::kickhat:

The Real Maroonblood
I freely admit I'll be clamouring for one.

However, logistics kind of prevent me from making the semi.

Thats no excuse.

:biggrin:

scottish_chicP

I completely agree with you. Only really 2 cups up for grabs for anyone outside the OF. I can't comprehend winning a cup (diddy or not) and not being over the moon?!

Guest Dipped Flake

I'm doing it backards. Will be at the semi but not the final (forgot all about it when I booked a weeks holiday a few months ago and I get back around half-time so can't even watch it on the telly)

I agree with much of this, Bill but I think you are confusing the passion of a supporter at a game (of course I want Hearts to win every game) and the competition itself.

This competition suffers from inadequate incentives. The money is poor (God bless the CIS but compared to the turnover of most SPL clubs, the cash is hardly a windfall). The big satellite TV companies have ignored it so even the BBC can show the games. No European spot means little incentive to risk players when a meaningful league match is close. The crowds at the matches are extremely poor by SPL standards.

The League Cup has been devalued to the point that, in my mind, it has the same gravitas as the Tennant Sixes or the old East of Scotland Shield (in the days when first teams competed). I'd like Hearts to win the competition but am not commited enough to go to an away game - including the final. I just can't help it.

I agree with much of this, Bill but I think you are confusing the passion of a supporter at a game (of course I want Hearts to win every game) and the competition itself.

This competition suffers from inadequate incentives. The money is poor (God bless the CIS but compared to the turnover of most SPL clubs, the cash is hardly a windfall). The big satellite TV companies have ignored it so even the BBC can show the games. No European spot means little incentive to risk players when a meaningful league match is close. The crowds at the matches are extremely poor by SPL standards.

The League Cup has been devalued to the point that, in my mind, it has the same gravitas as the Tennant Sixes or the old East of Scotland Shield (in the days when first teams competed). I'd like Hearts to win the competition but am not commited enough to go to an away game - including the final. I just can't help it.

I agree with exactly what davieholt says...and I want ---->:heartscup: But don't care enough to actually go along to watch it on a Sunday afternoon!!

Totally agree with all these comments, still would love us to win it though becuase it is still a trophy at the end of the day, and a good day out and P*** up

Archived