"albeit harshly..."

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

This phrase, the most weasel like of phrases, a favourite of journos up and down the country to excuse jarko wiss poor decision making by referees.

We can see it, or a variation, in every report on the weekend's game in respect of Nade's first booking. The second (and the rights and wrongs of that booking) is at least a booking by the letter of the law. But that does not stop the first booking being absolutely ridiculous. Does even one newspaper or tv report mention just how bad the first booking was? Of course not. Having seen the booking, and the inescapably bad dive by a man who has come to epitomise everything that is hun, and blotted his copybook beyond repair, we see the media weasel out of it again and say the booking was "harsh."

I shouldn't let it annoy me; or at least according to many I shouldn't. "Why do you read it?" "You should expect it by now..." and on and on. But why should we expect it? Why should we accept it? All part and parcel of the disease which continues to kill our game.

Hun dives, opposition player booked. "harsh."

Tim dives, opposition player booked, freekick leads to goal. "harsh."

Opposition player fouled, booked for diving.

Opposition player dives, booked for diving, NATIONAL OUTCRY.

F.T.O.F.

This phrase, the most weasel like of phrases, a favourite of journos up and down the country to excuse jarko wiss poor decision making by referees.

We can see it, or a variation, in every report on the weekend's game in respect of Nade's first booking. The second (and the rights and wrongs of that booking) is at least a booking by the letter of the law. But that does not stop the first booking being absolutely ridiculous. Does even one newspaper or tv report mention just how bad the first booking was? Of course not. Having seen the booking, and the inescapably bad dive by a man who has come to epitomise everything that is hun, and blotted his copybook beyond repair, we see the media weasel out of it again and say the booking was "harsh."

I shouldn't let it annoy me; or at least according to many I shouldn't. "Why do you read it?" "You should expect it by now..." and on and on. But why should we expect it? Why should we accept it? All part and parcel of the disease which continues to kill our game.

F.T.O.F.

Your right.

The booking wasnt harsh, it was incorrect.

Lucio was booked for a dive in the Milan derby, this was an even morer ridiculous pressley-esque swan dive.

I think in this case we know the ref does not have a pro-OF agenda and has just made a really poor decision, fooled by the ever-green (surely some mistake, Ed.) Mr Weir.

Weir's getting loads of good publicity just now for still playing at the age of 92. Obviously, to achieve that he needs to be allowed to support himself by holding onto opposition players, and he will fall down more than is normal. Even by OF standards he must be the most over-indulged player in the league, but he's a national treasure (by order of W Smith) and beyond criticism. The rest of us just have to accept that.

Nade, by contrast, very often just has to do nothing much more than stand close to an opposition player and turn round to be penalised.

I don't know what was worse, Saturday's booking for being in the vicinity of an old man falling over, Goncalves's booking for getting tripped up against Dundee United, or the "foul" that Calum Eliot committed in the Hamilton penalty box when he went down having been rugby tackled.

I actually have some sympathy for Nade kicking the ball away. There's only so much a man can cope with.

The People's Chimp
I think in this case we know the ref does not have a pro-OF agenda and has just made a really poor decision, fooled by the ever-green (surely some mistake, Ed.) Mr Weir.

Weir's getting loads of good publicity just now for still playing at the age of 92. Obviously, to achieve that he needs to be allowed to support himself by holding onto opposition players, and he will fall down more than is normal. Even by OF standards he must be the most over-indulged player in the league, but he's a national treasure (by order of W Smith) and beyond criticism. The rest of us just have to accept that.

Nade, by contrast, very often just has to do nothing much more than stand close to an opposition player and turn round to be penalised.

I don't know what was worse, Saturday's booking for being in the vicinity of an old man falling over, Goncalves's booking for getting tripped up against Dundee United, or the "foul" that Calum Eliot committed in the Hamilton penalty box when he went down having been rugby tackled.

I actually have some sympathy for Nade kicking the ball away. There's only so much a man can cope with.

Indeed. He was clearly onside as well...:kickhat:

F.T.O.F.

if that's all you've got to worry about count yourself lucky. you know there was an earthquake in Haiti?

The People's Chimp
if that's all you've got to worry about count yourself lucky. you know there was an earthquake in Haiti?

I'm sorry, but what? You're either an interloping wind up merchant, an utter moron, or both.

Well log onto http://www.haitikickback.co.uk and talk about it.

If you look into your address field at the top of the browser you will see it clearly states HMFCkickback.

Indeed. Jambo in Iraq will be along in a minute telling us how fortunate we all are.

It's always both.

Back on point. You'll never change OF views, they are OF because they are spineless, bigoted, glory hunting morons. What worries me is that the supporters of other clubs, rely on the media for a view of other teams. Because of the incessant negative propaganda against HMFC, they actually now believe we are just a bunch of whingers. The only way to hurt the media is through their pockets. Don't buy the papers. Don't subscribe online. Write to the advertisers who use the media explaining why you are boycotting these media, and therefore their own products. However, if it's just Jambos doing that, we won't make a difference. Somehow we have to get everyone who's not OF to do the same. If sales in ABC democratic, or key geographies fall, the advertisers will want answers and fees reductions. What to do about the BBCs disgraceful black propaganda machine though?

:biggrin:

The People's Chimp
It's always both.

Back on point. You'll never change OF views, they are OF because they are spineless, bigoted, glory hunting morons. What worries me is that the supporters of other clubs, rely on the media for a view of other teams. Because of the incessant negative propaganda against HMFC, they actually now believe we are just a bunch of whingers. The only way to hurt the media is through their pockets. Don't buy the papers. Don't subscribe online. Write to the advertisers who use the media explaining why you are boycotting these media, and therefore their own products. However, if it's just Jambos doing that, we won't make a difference. Somehow we have to get everyone who's not OF to do the same. If sales in ABC democratic, or key geographies fall, the advertisers will want answers and fees reductions. What to do about the BBCs disgraceful black propaganda machine though?

I've been saying this for years. The fans of other SPL clubs need to put the bickering aside when it comes to the GFA and refereeing incompetence, because at the end of the day it hurts us all when we play the gruesome twosome and affects each one of us.

But as an example of the difficulties we would face in so doing, I remember posting a bit of a rant about this a few months ago only for it to be quoted by someone on flumps.net as an example of a "yam ****" for their 'lolz.' Totally nonsensical - a post looking for the fans of all non-old squirm teams to show solidarity for the good of the scottish game, and each other, and it's used as an example of why 'hertz are deluded...' Bizarre.

Pointless post IMO.

Kind of sums up what is wrong with this board.

The People's Chimp
Pointless post IMO.

Kind of sums up what is wrong with this board.

Ignore him. if you look back over his posting history his total contribution has been an endless string of incredibly bad attempts at humour/ being a WUM which are, to a post, epic, epic fails.

The guy is snide, whether an undercover hobbit or not, I'll leave to the mods to decide, but a loser regardless.

Indeed there was, but I think most of us know that and have done what little we can to support the aid effort.

This is a Hearts supporters' internet forum and, if you don't recognise our right to discuss football, football teams and football players, I suggest you log on elsewhere.

Carl Spackler
Indeed. Jambo in Iraq will be along in a minute telling us how fortunate we all are.

:biggrin:Nice retort.

Is it true DJH83 is going to run on to the field on Wednesday night and tell us we should all be ashamed of ourselves watching the match because BBC4 has live coverage of the Houses of Commons on?

F.T.O.F.

One thing that a lot of journos are honest about now is that they are playing to the biggest audience. We might not like it but that means their bread is buttered by the OF and their fans.

It therefore takes a very brave journo to be openly critical of the OF.

You have to learn to read between the lines. If a booking against the OF is described as 'harsh' then that should be translated as 'a travesty'.

Carl Spackler
One thing that a lot of journos are honest about now is that they are playing to the biggest audience. We might not like it but that means their bread is buttered by the OF and their fans.

You have to learn to read between the lines. If a booking against the OF is described as 'harsh' then that should be translated as 'a travesty'.

If that's the case it says a lot about the integrity of Scottish football journalism. Kate Adie gets shot at to report a war but Scottish Football journalists speak in code about OF games because they are scared of losing a few paper sales.

I've been saying this for years. The fans of other SPL clubs need to put the bickering aside when it comes to the GFA and refereeing incompetence, because at the end of the day it hurts us all when we play the gruesome twosome and affects each one of us.

But as an example of the difficulties we would face in so doing, I remember posting a bit of a rant about this a few months ago only for it to be quoted by someone on flumps.net as an example of a "yam ****" for their 'lolz.' Totally nonsensical - a post looking for the fans of all non-old squirm teams to show solidarity for the good of the scottish game, and each other, and it's used as an example of why 'hertz are deluded...' Bizarre.

I guess we could try going on to their board and sympathising with them every time a decision goes against them?

The People's Chimp

Yet another lame excuse on behalf of the journos.

I'm perfectly capable of reading between the lines but the reality is that not one hun would stop buying the sun or record, or scotsman, as a result of describing nade's booking as outrageous/ridiculous/shocking.

the vast majority of the scottish football media machine are parasites. complete and utter s*** of the highest order.

The guy is snide, whether an undercover hobbit or not, I'll leave to the mods to decide, but a loser regardless.

Bring back the Infestation thread post imo. And I agree.

I hate people like you. Death happens daily and horrifically all over the world yet life goes on.

Do i feel glad to be alive? obviously, am i glad to be fortunate enough, that i havent had to suffer as those in Haiti have? again obviously. Bringing it up in a debate about football as way to make us all put things into "perspective" is **** poor and infantile.

Grow up.

Ignore him. if you look back over his posting history his total contribution has been an endless string of incredibly bad attempts at humour/ being a WUM which are, to a post, epic, epic fails.

Grittier stuff than usual from the liquidator. Hopefully Obama will follow suit.

Unfortunately, being in Madrid, "I didn't see" any of the incidents being debated, but they sound like hundreds I have seen over the years. Being the referee doesn't excuse not seeing things.:greggs_logo::greggs_logo::ninja:

As Alex Ferguson said to Jim McLean in the 1980s, "we need each other". There should be a united non-OF voice in Scottish football, not Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United thinking they're a wee bit more special than the rest.

What about threatening to resign en masse from the league to set up another? The Uglies would have to play each other every week, like they do on the Scilly Isles.

What about threatening to resign en masse from the league to set up another? The Uglies would have to play each other every week, like they do on the Scilly Isles.

We (the non OF clubs) tried that a few years back over the spl tv deal. It came to nothing, obviously, and we came back with our tails between our legs content to live off the scraps from their table.

southside1874

F.T.O.F.

We are better than the rest, so therefore they hate us. We trouble the weeg therefore they hate us. The rest think they cant challenge and we do. Its taken half a season before the Hobo manager will admit to going for third on the same day Csaba says he is looking at second.

We are from the capital and we expect.

I think in this case we know the ref does not have a pro-OF agenda

What a load of nonsense. The ref on Saturday is a well known Jambo.

Whether you think the booking was correct or not (me, I thought it was very harsh, but Nade did clip Diver Weir's ankle so technically correct), he's got **** all OG bias. Didn't he send a Rangers player off at Ibrox last year?

The People's Chimp

Whether you think the booking was correct or not (me, I thought it was very harsh, but Nade did clip Diver Weir's ankle so technically correct), he's got **** all OG bias. Didn't he send a Rangers player off at Ibrox last year?

I think in this case we know the ref does not have a pro-OF agenda

:wacko:

Not sure what you mean. I said that the ref does not have a pro-OF agenda and you seem to agree with me while describing my post as nonsense. As Liquidator has already noticed (thanks)....

Francis Albert

What might have been even worse was the offside decision that led to Nade being booked for kicking the ball gently into the stands rather than being clear in on the goalkeeper. No "analysis" of that one on Sportscene.

Archived