Obua???

daza1874

Miller Jambo 60
im not a big fan of him but sounds like he had a good game today

Was not there, so cant say.

Cant have been any worse than he has been.

dougstar

I thought he looked a lot more committed today, showed some nice touches & a bit of dig. Still gave the ball away too easily though but at least he showed a desire to play for the jersey today.

Drylaw Hearts

He did nothing until the goal and then went on to have a decent last 15 minutes.

It makes his disgraceful performance in the previous 75 minutes even more infuriating.

He was awful first half, not so much the second. Why does he wear those stupid white socks, he looks daft. Well more so.

He was far from being the worst player on show.

hopefully that will give him some confidence and maybe he will start to play better

I wasn't there today, but I don't see it ever working out for him at Hearts.

He's bereft of confidence, the fans don't like him and, in turn, he doesn't give a ****. He also isn't built for the Scottish game.

The sooner we punt him the better. Especially if we have young guys knocking on the door behind him.

I personally don't think he is as bad as ian black. Black offers us her haw and IMO is not good enough for us! Obua is infuriating in that I think he can be good as does soon good things he just seems very laid back and I think people mistake it for a "doesn't care" attitude!!!

Ade the Jambo

Not nearly close enough to the players he should have been marking defensively but seemed to do better after Nade went off and moved infield.

he wasnt the worst today, only fault would be the amount of times broadfoot was free out on the right in the first half and had too much time to decide what to do with the ball.

theres not many that could be slated for their performance today. personally thought that everyone to a man worked their socks off and put in the hard working shift that we were always going to need.

He's bereft of confidence, the fans don't like him and, in turn, he doesn't give a ****. He also isn't built for the Scottish game.

The sooner we punt him the better. Especially if we have young guys knocking on the door behind him.

Sorry Neave but I like him. I accept that he would do better in the Italian or Spanish Leagues where players get more time on the ball but I think he can still do a decent job for us. He wins lots of balls in the air and crosses well. He defends well in the air. If only he could shoot . . but there again our whole team is lousy at shooting !

The Changingman
I personally don't think he is as bad as ian black. Black offers us her haw and IMO is not good enough for us! Obua is infuriating in that I think he can be good as does soon good things he just seems very laid back and I think people mistake it for a "doesn't care" attitude!!!

The difference being Black has never had the chance of a run in the team, Obua has and he's been ***** more often than not.

Sorry Neave but I like him. I accept that he would do better in the Italian or Spanish Leagues where players get more time on the ball but I think he can still do a decent job for us. He wins lots of balls in the air and crosses well. He defends well in the air. If only he could shoot . . but there again our whole team is lousy at shooting !

Think we'll have to agree to disagree, davie. I think he's a passenger and a liability. You're right, he does win headers and has a decent cross on him, but his cons far outweigh his pros.

The difference being Black has never had the chance of a run in the team, Obua has and he's been ***** more often than not.

don't know, Black has had a few games and has offered nothing, at least Obua offers next to nothing

The Changingman
don't know, Black has had a few games and has offered nothing, at least Obua offers next to nothing

Black can always be relied on to give 100% with Obua it's totally dependant on what mood he's in. I agree with the fact Obua could be a great player for us but he is mostly disinterested.

The Old Tolbooth

Jayjay, I honestly think you've hit the nail on the head regarding his attitude (or our perception of it).

I have Ugandan clients and I can honestly say that they are probably the nicest, most easy going people I have ever had the privilege of meeting in my life, an absolute dream to deal with and thankful for everything, these people are so laid back that they are almost horizontal!

Black can always be relied on to give 100% with Obua it's totally dependant on what mood he's in. I agree with the fact Obua could be a great player for us but he is mostly disinterested.

100% of nothing is still nothing. Big let down. Obua could be a great player but Black looks like he couldn't even be a good player!

The Changingman
100% of nothing is still nothing. Big let down. Obua could be a great player but Black looks like he couldn't even be a good player!

But effort always out weighs apathy.

portobellojambo1

Agree with this.

I thought today he did little until Nade was sent off. He came more into the game after that, but based on overall performance (i.e. 90 minutes) there was still a lot lacking.

Laid-back enough to strut around with an inflated sense of self-worth, to not bother his arse tracking back, to make no effort to stop incoming crosses or put a tackle in with anything close to conviction = a liability in my book.

I think rather than getting on a players back during a poor game the supporters should show a bit of, well, support. Booing a player whose had a bad game does hee-haw for his confidence...

Just a thought.

I think Obua is a decent player, but I think he plays so much better when Driver is in the team. The switching sides that they do so regularly seem to inspire the man. Aye, he cannae shoot, but then he is a defence midfielder...

And today he did play well, not just for the last fifteen minutes...

I think rather than getting on a players back during a poor game the supporters should show a bit of, well, support. Booing a player whose had a bad game does hee-haw for his confidence...

Just a thought.

I think Obua is a decent player, but I think he plays so much better when Driver is in the team. The switching sides that they do so regularly seem to inspire the man. Aye, he cannae shoot, but then he is a defence midfielder...

And today he did play well, not just for the last fifteen minutes...

But he canny tackle. Or mark. Or track back. Or read the game.

I thought Black was outstanding yesterday - probably our best player after Big Zal. I thought Obua had a very decent game too.

Obua is not suited to scottish footie, its too quick for him, he likes time on the ball thats why he gets caught out a lot on the ball. Spain, Italy or even English footie would be better for him and the fans would appriate his footie talents more. Obua is streets ahead of talent when comparing himself and Black.

Miller Jambo 60

Do you want my opinion on BLACK.

OK.

I get the big move to HEARTS then i will be a lazy feck.

OK

Simples.

Creepy Lurker
...he would do better in the Italian or Spanish Leagues...

Don't want to seem overly argumentative, but is this serious? Technical ability is a prerequisite in the leagues which you've mentioned.

Obua wasn't as bad yesterday as he has been, but I think that this attitude's developed amongst our support where, if one of our crap players has a slightly less crap than usual but still quite crap game, people talk him up like a latter day Pele. I can appreciate that most are probably doing so because, like all of the rest of us, they genuinely want to see these players silencing the doubters and becoming good players for us, but I think that it does lead to a bit of a lack of realism. A couple of nice touches does not a good performance make.

I'm also unconvinced when people say that he 'has ability, but doesn't try hard enough' (I'm paraphrasing, I don't think that anyone on this thread's actually said that). Whilst he certainly doesn't try hard enough, that doesn't automatically mean that he has any particular ability. He also makes regular errors with basic techniques such as passing the ball short distances, hitting the target with shots at any given range and controlling the ball. Basically, I just think that he's not a very good footballer.

...at the moment, though, I'd still rather have him in the team than Suso.

He's sh**e & a disgrace to the club, the badge, the jersey & most importantly the fee paying fans!!

:flag2:

Now that's an entrance... :laugh:

Nice first post. Don't agree with it at all, but you certainly got your point across.

Miller Jambo 60
He's sh**e & a disgrace to the club, the badge, the jersey & most importantly the fee paying fans!!

Ha Ha quality bud:biggrin:

Thing is mate never bottled a tackle in my life.

Welcome to Kickback, mate. I think you'll fit in well :biggrin:

Miller Jambo 60
He's pish, and I actually hate him.

Bad pussy, Hows the old pervs doing,no pumping so will do you.

Bad street in corrie.

Was he a JAMBO

At 86 will he not go to jail.

blacks a totally different kind of player,(to me) he is the kind that fights and hassles gets the ball an feeds others in. not the silkiest but does the job, same job darren fletcher does for man u maybe not the same class as darren but same kind o player

Toxteth O'Grady
Bad pussy, Hows the old pervs doing,no pumping so will do you.

Bad street in corrie.

Was he a JAMBO

At 86 will he not go to jail.

Can any Midori speakers translate this please?:rubeyes:

Archived