Contact Lenses

Ragnar

Been a user of contact lenses for the past 3 years now and have recently switched from monthly lenses, to daily-disposables. However, every time I put a lense into my left eye it is very irritating and the lid has seemed to take a reaction to this and has swelled up quite considerably.

Been to the opticians about this when I had my monthly's and they said I was best off switching to dailies to prevent this problem from happening again. But still it continues...

Anyone else experienced similar? Very annoying.

Not experienced it with my dailies, but I'd guess you're in for a wee while of wearing the Gregories until it settles down.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

I've been wearing dailies contacts for about two years. I've suffered badly from dry and irritating eyes. The best thing to do is try to stop wearing them for a week if you can. Hard if you need them for sport or work. Then try get eye drops (optrex are best).

The thing with dailies is that all the putting in and taking out of the contacts affects them because all of the grit and stuff that gets on your fingers gets into your eyes. Try also getting some cleaning solution for your hands - use that to decontaminate your fingers before you put in and take out.

Apart from that, bear with it. It does go away but from my experience some months will be good and some bad.

Either that or get laser eye surgery!

Archived