Sportscene Goal of the Season

CalMac

1982/83

No idea what won, my fave is Dalglish v Belgium, followed by Charlie Nic v Switzerland & then Ralph Milne for Utd v Dundee.

Quite an interesting watch. Some fairly poor efforts at stopping the goals & watch for the huge Hibs travelling support.

HillmanHearts

Vintage Dalglish !

Will we ever see his like again !

That was my fav.

Followed by Eamon Bannon ( since there were no Jambos ! )

1982/83

No idea what won, my fave is Dalglish v Belgium, followed by Charlie Nic v Switzerland & then Ralph Milne for Utd v Dundee.

Quite an interesting watch. Some fairly poor efforts at stopping the goals & watch for the huge Hibs travelling support.

Agree with your three picks. Great goals by Dalglish and Champagne Charlie.

Dalglish goal was a belter.

Got to love Archies commentary - every time someone scored it was the same: "He's done it!!".

Agree with your three picks. Great goals by Dalglish and Champagne Charlie.

I remember being at the Switzerland game, standing in the terrace of the Celtic end. My memory is usually rubbish, hopeless for dates etc. I saw the pass forward & could have pointed to the exact spot that I was at in the ground! Hate Charlie Nic but he did score some goals.

scott herbertson
I remember being at the Switzerland game, standing in the terrace of the Celtic end. My memory is usually rubbish, hopeless for dates etc. I saw the pass forward & could have pointed to the exact spot that I was at in the ground! Hate Charlie Nic but he did score some goals.

Funnily enough so do I - it was a memorable goal, as you say from an unlikeable player, but I was dancing around like a maniac for abotu a minute afterwards

Funnily enough so do I - it was a memorable goal, as you say from an unlikeable player, but I was dancing around like a maniac for abotu a minute afterwards

Everyone was trying to do the right foot then left foot volley in the school playground the next morning ...:biggrin:

Archived