"From Perth to Paisley"

Gorgiewave

Many or even all of us on this board will have sung the "European song", including the line "We've followed Hearts from Perth to Paisley". Now, I've been to McDiarmid Park and Love Street (though not Muirton Park or the new St. Mirren Park) but I've never followed Hearts from Perth to Paisley.

Sign here all those who've taken the Perth bus to Love Street, or who live in Perth and have driven to St. Mirren Park.:wacko:

Many or even all of us on this board will have sung the "European song", including the line "We've followed Hearts from Perth to Paisley". Now, I've been to McDiarmid Park and Love Street (though not Muirton Park or the new St. Mirren Park) but I've never followed Hearts from Perth to Paisley.

Sign here all those who've taken the Perth bus to Love Street, or who live in Perth and have driven to St. Mirren Park.:wacko:

:rubeyes::rubeyes::rubeyes:

jambojackbilly

Taking things literarly and to the letter of the law will always throw up a differnt take

I think you have to much time on your hands to post such drivel

What about ex pat Jambos who have come across from Perth, Australia to go to an away game at St Mirren?

Quiet today at work/school?? :ninja:

I'm not in denial about the tripe i post,

Are you ??

Aye, my post was tripe. In fact it occurred to me ages ago and just came back to me this morning. Because of St. Mirren in the semi and St. Johnstone in the final (one hopes). I was only trying to join in with the spirit of JKB.

Apologies for trying to join in.

Thanks for the liquidator for cyber backing me up.

jambojackbilly
Aye, my post was tripe. In fact it occurred to me ages ago and just came back to me this morning. Because of St. Mirren in the semi and St. Johnstone in the final (one hopes). I was only trying to join in with the spirit of JKB.

Apologies for trying to join in.

Thanks for the liquidator for cyber backing me up.

:biggrin: you gotta laugh

:biggrin: you gotta laugh

I'm waiting on a PM from the liquidator to tell me what to say. I'll get back to you the now.:computer:

a blatant "footballing backwater " post if ever I saw one

Perth to Paisley

"Travelled far; by bus and car."

Presume this is Not the one individual using two modes of transport for the one 'trip'.

Presume this is Not the one individual using two modes of transport for the one 'trip'.

Top posting.

Now, I've seen Zico (of Hearts) but not Boniek or Altobelli. Who else is wiling to own up?

Top posting.

Now, I've seen Zico (of Hearts) but not Boniek or Altobelli. Who else is wiling to own up?

Or Rossi, Boniek or Tardelli?

Although I was usually getting peshed, I'm sure that when I travelled on the Orwell bus there would have been an odd accasion that I'd have driven to the Orwell to get the bus.

Does that count? :biggrin:

Can i admit that the hibs have never made me spew up?

They do give me the boke, i do hate them but never have i called for donald ducks nephew down the big white telephone!

Altogether now

And now the season is approaching it's conclusion

On various occasions we've Followed Hearts to various venues such as McDiarmid park and as far west as St Mirren park

We've employed various modes of transport in these travels including public omnibus and automobile.

Although not exclusively limited to the aforesaid methods for example some of us have on occasion utilised the railway network.

Many of us have ventured as far north as Pittodrie

We have no fondness for Hibernian indeed the very thought of them induces nausea although we must stress that's only in a metaphorical sense

So let us raise out voices, Those Hearts supporters of all ages and both genders who can afford the time and expense will be travelling to continental Europe, Unless of course the competition only provides us ties against teams in UEFA member countries who are geographically on a different continent like Beitar Jerusalem or Trabzonspor

cousinsofnoone

Methinks GorgieWave should be concentrating on his civil service exams or emailing his dad; anything really but making up obscure or disingenuous questions to fill an idle moment in the locatorio.

Altogether now

On various occasions we've Followed Hearts to various venues such as McDiarmid park and as far west as St Mirren park

We've employed various modes of transport in these travels including public omnibus and automobile.

Although not exclusively limited to the aforesaid methods for example some of us have on occasion utilised the railway network.

We have no fondness for Hibernian indeed the very thought of them induces nausea although we must stress that's only in a metaphorical sense

So let us raise out voices, Those Hearts supporters of all ages and both genders who can afford the time and expense will be travelling to continental Europe, Unless of course the competition only provides us ties against teams in UEFA member countries who are geographically on a different continent like Beitar Jerusalem or Trabzonspor

*claps* :biggrin:

Altogether now

:biggrin: Take a bow.

lost in leith
Have you ever went afloat........ on some big boat?

hahahah... what a load of....

I remember a stomach churning trip across the Channel on a bouncing hovercraft on the way back from Paris in '84 (the morning after I discovered Stella :wacko:). Does that count as a 'big boat' :biggrin:

scott herbertson
I remember a stomach churning trip across the Channel on a bouncing hovercraft on the way back from Paris in '84 (the morning after I discovered Stella :wacko:). Does that count as a 'big boat' :biggrin:

Definitely a qualifier

Not many people will have tied their scarves around a funnel, but a fair few tied theirs round the eiffel tower that day

I would really like to think that somebody somwhere has a picture of the Hearts fans , scarves and flags up the eiffel tower that day - it was some sight

Should Hearts be playing on across the channell there is now absolutely no point in undertaking a massive civil engineering project as there already is a tunnel between Kent and Pay De Calais

Should that be out of operation we could travel by ferry,

We would enhanse the festive nature of the trip by decorating the vessels by tying scarves around the railings as Funnells on commerical ferries are so big none of our scarves would be long enough to reach round.

In general the stars of the 1982 world cup such as Alessandro Altobelli and Paolo Rossi are of little concern to us, as they are all in their 50s by now although in the cases of those that have gone into management, like Zbigniew Boniek, it's conceivable that they may be coaching our, as yet unknown, opponents.

When those of us that can make it are abroad the supporters of Hibernian will be stuck somewhere decidedly less exotic such as Portobello althoug as European games are played in the evening they'll probably have gone home from the beach by then and be busy at home shooting up or molesting their children

lost in leith
Should Hearts be playing on across the channell there is now absolutely no point in undertaking a massive civil engineering project as there already is a tunnel between Kent and Pay De Calais

Should that be out of operation we could travel by ferry,

We would enhanse the festive nature of the trip by decorating the vessels by tying scarves around the railings as Funnells on commerical ferries are so big none of our scarves would be long enough to reach round.

In general the stars of the 1982 world cup such as Alessandro Altobelli and Paolo Rossi are of little concern to us, as they are all in their 50s by now although in the cases of those that have gone into management, like Zbigniew Boniek, it's conceivable that they may be coaching our, as yet unknown, opponents.

When those of us that can make it are abroad the supporters of Hibernian will be stuck somewhere decidedly less exotic such as Portobello althoug as European games are played in the evening they'll probably have gone home from the beach by then and be busy at home shooting up or molesting their children

Fine work again :biggrin: Some people have way too much time on their hands....

neverlikedElvis
What's your excuse?

I love it when the cliquey dullards on this board stick up for each other. it reminds me why I very rarely post here :biggrin:

neverlikedElvis
Methinks GorgieWave should be concentrating on his civil service exams or emailing his dad; anything really but making up obscure or disingenuous questions to fill an idle moment in the locatorio.

methinks he is a total bellend :teeth:

Altogether now

On various occasions we've Followed Hearts to various venues such as McDiarmid park and on an entirely separate trip as far west as St Mirren park

We've employed various modes of transport in these separate travels including public omnibus and automobile.

So let us raise out voices above what the reasonable man might consider to be normal, Those Hearts supporters of all ages and both genders who can afford the time and expense will be travelling to continental Europe, Unless of course the competition only provides us ties against teams in UEFA member countries who are geographically on a different continent like Beitar Jerusalem or Trabzonspor

What about ex pat Jambos who have come across from Perth, Australia to go to an away game at St Mirren?

Bizzare, cause my mate (jondaloop? Jambo) from Perth in Aus and

I went to st liedown this season when he was over in Oct.

i used to live in perth until i moved 10 miles down the road and i have indeed been on the perth hearts supporters bus to paisley, i have also driven there, never taken the train there though

i used to live in perth until i moved 10 miles down the road and i have indeed been on the perth hearts supporters bus to paisley, i have also driven there, never taken the train there though

Aha, but have you 'followed Hearts' to Paisley from Perth? That would mean that their team bus would have to travel to Paisley via Perth. There would have to be some disastrous amount of road closures for that to ever happen:ninja:.

By the way, how do we know that the 'Hibs will be in portobelly' while we're overseas. Not beyond the realms of possibility I suppose, but I seriously doubt that every time we play abroad all the Hobos suddenly crawl out of their hovels en masse and head for the beach.

yes i have done both been on the perth supporters bus (no longer in exsistance) so therefore had to take the car.so yes done both

King of the North

I left my car outside my mates house on a Friday night once, got the bus over there saturday morning to pick it up and then drove to the Gillsland (rip) before going to the game, thus fulfilling the criteria outlined in the song, travelling 'by bus and car' .

I think this is obviously the type of matchday experience the Europe song is attempting to capture. However, I wouldn't class it as 'travelling far by bus and car', as I lived in Fairmilehead and he lived in Southside. A round trip of no more than ten miles.

Having said all that though, the important thing is this - this is a pish poor thread and I want no further part in it.

Hagar the Horrible
Anyone tied their scarf around the funnel of "some big boat".

Only if thats a euphemism for using a condom?:biggrin:

Anyone tied their scarf around the funnel of "some big boat".

Must've been some size of scarf to fit round the funnel of 'some big boat'...

This thread's been a roaring, runaway success. Thanks to have who have contributed.:flag2::flag2::flag2::wacko:

This thread's been a roaring, runaway success. Thanks to have who have contributed.:flag2::flag2::flag2::wacko:

This thread's up there with 'boozers in Gorgie' and 'where are you sitting on Saturday'...

Aha, but have you 'followed Hearts' to Paisley from Perth? That would mean that their team bus would have to travel to Paisley via Perth. There would have to be some disastrous amount of road closures for that to ever happen:ninja:.

By the way, how do we know that the 'Hibs will be in portobelly' while we're overseas. Not beyond the realms of possibility I suppose, but I seriously doubt that every time we play abroad all the Hobos suddenly crawl out of their hovels en masse and head for the beach.

no i have never followed hearts from paisley to perth but my sister does live in portobello and has the misfortune of having pondlife as neighbours so i guess when i have been overseas in the past following the famous that they have indeed been there

Archived