West Ham

hmfc_liam06

Watching the press conference with Gold & Sullivan. They have paid off some debt but are still 110m in debt. 40m of which is owed to other clubs and have borrowed 70% of next years season ticket sales and 60% of the following years. Quite staggering how badly run this club is. Makes you wonder about us.

To be honest, I don't think we (hearts) are as badly run as people think. We just have to get the last few high earners (and wage thieves!) off the wage bill to bring that down to a manageable level and then take things from there.

They went on to say that literally every source of income has been paid up in full and its all accounted for elsewhere. Their shirt sponsor have paid 70% of their 3 year deal already. They have no running income.

Watching the press conference with Gold & Sullivan. They have paid off some debt but are still 110m in debt. 40m of which is owed to other clubs and have borrowed 70% of next years season ticket sales and 60% of the following years. Quite staggering how badly run this club is. Makes you wonder about us.

total chancers ! They want the oplyica stadium for free, and also want to get rid of the running track around it !

They have to be though, they have no income so if they can sell their ground and get the olympic stadium on the cheap then fair play!

jambojackbilly

The powers that be who took over are no mugs ( though the daughter of one is IMO ).They no doubt got it on the cheap and if things pan out in their way in the next few yrs I'm sure on reflection it will have been the right decision.Always a gamble Re though

:bravo::4_1_111::4_1_72:

To be honest, I don't think we (hearts) are as badly run as people think. We just have to get the last few high earners (and wage thieves!) off the wage bill to bring that down to a manageable level and then take things from there.

The Treasurer

As I've said on another thread, with Scouse Sellik on the slide it's only a matter of time before the Hammers are in the CL and reclaiming their rightful position as Laandaan's number one club.

boabyarsebiscuit
As I've said on another thread, with Scouse Sellik on the slide it's only a matter of time before the Hammers are in the CL and reclaiming their rightful position as Laandaan's number one club.

They're a London club who have never won the League. In fact they've won very little compared to other big London clubs. Another team who excuse perennial underachievement through the use of a "flair football" myth (Academy my arse). The best one is the "We won the World Cup" garbage you get from older Essex-based hammers ****. All their fans are from Essex, the locals aren't into football, it's a cultural thing evidently.

Hope they go bust. And soon.

It's 2010 not 1966 me old china.

They're a London club who have never won the League. In fact they've won very little compared to other big London clubs. Another team who excuse perennial underachievement through the use of a "flair football" myth (Academy my arse). The best one is the "We won the World Cup" garbage you get from older Essex-based hammers ****. All their fans are from Essex, the locals aren't into football, it's a cultural thing evidently.Hope they go bust. And soon.

What does this mean ?

GC

The Treasurer
(Academy my arse).

QUOTE]

J Cole, Judas Lampard, etc etc.

It would appear the management at the russians toy don't share your view.

Good to have a couple of local lads (and proper gents they is too :biggrin: ) at the helm.

No chance of them getting bored of constantly failing to land the big prize and buggering off leaving the club up **** creek like will happen at some others I could mention

boabyarsebiscuit
What does this mean ?

GC

You know what it means. It's the demographic of the area in which West Ham's ground is. More people travel in from Basildon, Essex ****holes like that, than go to West Ham games from the neighbourhoods round about the ground.

Some teams are attempting to do something about the under representation of Asians in football. Chelsea for example. Not West Ham.

I suppose I'm a racist for pointing this fact out, eh?

You know what it means. It's the demographic of the area in which West Ham's ground is. More people travel in from Basildon, Essex ****holes like that, than go to West Ham games from the neighbourhoods round about the ground.

Some teams are attempting to do something about the under representation of Asians in football. Chelsea for example. Not West Ham.

no, spot on imo. Being to west ham a few times and its also strange how different it is inside the stadium to right outside, if that makes sense ?

No, just wasnt sure what you meant - there's no need to get so defensive. I'm still not sure what the point is - that West Ham should get their support only from the streets immediately around the ground even where the demographic of that population has shifted since the club moved there ? Incidentally, as someone that lives 10 mins away from Stamford Bridge, you might be amazed at the number of Chelsea fans coming in from Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire and everywhere else in the home counties (and beyond it appears)

From your later comments, you seem to be levelling a criticism aimed at West Ham. I also assume that you're a Chelsea supporter and I may be wrong but I'm guessing that the work that West Ham do in the local community to attract Asian support and young Asian players doesnt feature heavily in the Chelsea programme whereas it does feature regularly in the West Ham programme, something which I can confirm as a season ticket holder.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/asians-in-football-project-20071023_2228520_1149993

I look forward to seeing details of Chelsea's similar scheme.

Hope that helps

GC

The Treasurer

Some teams are attempting to do something about the under representation of Asians in football. Chelsea for example. Not West Ham.QUOTE]

Funny but West Ham like most teams put the emphasis on ability rather than race.

boabyarsebiscuit
Funny but West Ham like most teams put the emphasis on ability rather than race.

West Ham's are a **** team. I consider Millwall to be bigger.

Who cares about nationality? Surely its ability that wins in the end? Or shall we start a quota of how many asians we must have in the starting 11?

My guess is Buckfast :biggrin:

He's been speedballing smack and crack, judging by that statement.

boabyarsebiscuit
My guess is Buckfast :biggrin:

I'm not allowed to laugh at work, but if I was, I'd just have ROFL-ed myself. Excellent riposte.

As a West Ham and Hearts man I do wonder about Sullivan and Gold just as I did with Vlad when he took over from Robinson but, at the end of the day I'm powerless to stop the changes to the clubs I love. You can only live in hope. As for West Ham winning nothing, if I wanted trophies I would support a "big" club, same in Scotland. I want my team to play the beautiful game, if they don't I will wait for them to do so. Fortune is always hiding.

The Treasurer
As a West Ham and Hearts man I do wonder about Sullivan and Gold just as I did with Vlad when he took over from Robinson but, at the end of the day I'm powerless to stop the changes to the clubs I love. You can only live in hope. As for West Ham winning nothing, if I wanted trophies I would support a "big" club, same in Scotland. I want my team to play the beautiful game, if they don't I will wait for them to do so. Fortune is always hiding.

Not only a supporter of Hearts and West Ham, you also have JC as your avatar.

I don't know you but you are a man of great taste.

boabyarsebiscuit

If you go in for the West Ham "beautiful game" myth, you really should support Hibs too.

The Treasurer
If you go in for the West Ham "beautiful game" myth, you really should support Hibs too.

You've just taken that too far Boaby !!! :biggrin:

... and there's the difference between West Ham and Chelsea

West Ham creating a five year programme to encourage the Asian community to get involved in football at all levels including coming to support their local side as well as coaching and girl's football

Chelsea have a huge trial to see if they can pick up a good kid on the cheap.

Yes, well done Chelsea - a real community club and no mistake.

No comment on how wrong you were about West Ham, I note

GC

you might be amazed at the number of Chelsea fans coming in from Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire and everywhere else in the home counties (and beyond it appears)

Hardly surprising given that Chelsea is a mega-club in world terms. They have fans throughout the length and breadth of the UK - they always have done given their attractive play - including many people from this board who attend their games.

Blue is the colour. :biggrin:

When have they ever played the beautiful game? The fact of the matter is that West Ham fans like their football played a certain way, that aint a myth. We put up with winning very little on the off chance that we produce or sign the odd diamond before they move on to bigger things. Fat Frank, Rio, Joey Cole, Glen Johnson et al and established dudes like Di Canio and Tevez flourish with us cos the fans love their passion. Are Chelsea bigger than us? Yes. Are they better? Are they f*&k. And as for Millwall......

Im from fife should i stop supporting hearts?

When have they ever played the beautiful game? The fact of the matter is that Hibs fans like their football played a certain way, that aint a myth. We put up with winning very little on the off chance that we produce or sign the odd diamond before they move on to bigger things. Riordan, Cladwell, Whittaker, Brown et al and established dudes like Sauzee and Latapy flourish with us cos the fans love their passion..

A bit of rewording and that looks like a very familiar excuse

boabyarsebiscuit

All the West Ham myths and cliches being rolled out on this thread.

West Ham = the Hibs of London.

Spot on Boaby. They are just as deluded as the hapless Leithers.

The Treasurer
Spot on Boaby. They are just as deluded as the hapless Leithers.

I hope the pair of you fall off that glory-hunting bandwagon when it comes to the latter stages of the CL as usual.

I hope the pair of you fall off that glory-hunting bandwagon when it comes to the latter stages of the CL as usual.

I've been clinging to that bandwagon since 1970 so don't think I'll be losing my grip now. :biggrin:

boabyarsebiscuit

I didn't fall off the bandwagon after a 0-6 at Rotherham in 1981, so I'm also on the ride for the duration.

All the West Ham myths and cliches being rolled out on this thread.

A nothing club with ned supporters?

Sounds about right :biggrin:

I DEMAND that you retract that statement sir !!!

Don't worry yourself, Treasurer. Everyone knows that Tottenham are the Hibs of London.

West Ham are the Hearts of London. A golden period when we won a few things and not a lot since except heartache, moments of joy and inconsistency.

Incidentally, which of the Old Firm of London do you think Chelsea might be ? I think Therapist knows - "They have fans throughout the length and breadth of the UK - they always have done given their attractive play"

Yep, Chelsea are the Sellick of London ... they even have the "h" in their name

;)

GC

Don't worry yourself, Treasurer. Everyone knows that Tottenham are the Hibs of London.

GC

Really? I don't recall Hibs winning many trophies? You do know of course that Man Utd and Spurs are the only two clubs in England to have won at least one trophy in each of the last six decades. Fairly un-Hibslike behaviour.

Really? I don't recall Hibs winning many trophies? You do know of course that Man Utd and Spurs are the only two clubs in England to have won at least one trophy in each of the last six decades. Fairly un-Hibslike behaviour.

I was thinking more about the flair myth which actually seems much more prevalent at Spurs than at West Ham

Anyway, Hibs have won a trophy in each of the last three centuries. What more could you want ? ;)

GC

Incidentally, which of the Old Firm of London do you think Chelsea might be ? I think Therapist knows - "They have fans throughout the length and breadth of the UK - they always have done given their attractive play"

Yep, Chelsea are the Sellick of London ... they even have the "h" in their name

;)

GC

Good try. :biggrin:

jamboinglasgow
They're a London club who have never won the League. In fact they've won very little compared to other big London clubs. Another team who excuse perennial underachievement through the use of a "flair football" myth (Academy my arse). The best one is the "We won the World Cup" garbage you get from older Essex-based hammers ****. All their fans are from Essex, the locals aren't into football, it's a cultural thing evidently.

Hope they go bust. And soon.

Your a Chelsea fan and you insult someone else's academy?

West Ham have a very good record on creating at least good English players. Yes they haven't held on to some of them but they have a record that is as good as any of the best premiership teams for producing English talent. Chelsea on the other hand haven't produced a regular English first team player since Terry and it has been over 10 years. To me that is a shocking record.

Of chelsea's main English players, 2 are from West Ham, 1 from Arsenal, 1 from Man City and only 1 from Chelsea.

boabyarsebiscuit
Your a Chelsea fan and you insult someone else's academy?

West Ham have a very good record on creating at least good English players. Yes they haven't held on to some of them but they have a record that is as good as any of the best premiership teams for producing English talent. Chelsea on the other hand haven't produced a regular English first team player since Terry and it has been over 10 years. To me that is a shocking record.

Of chelsea's main English players, 2 are from West Ham, 1 from Arsenal, 1 from Man City and only 1 from Chelsea.

When used in connection with West Ham's supposed flair football, the term "Academy" should not be taken literally. It's used in a more flairey, flowing football fantasy, 1966 type of context. Ask one of the London Hibs fans for an explanation. Also ask them how many times London Hibs have managed to win their national League Championship ;-)

Seymour M Hersh

I've always been fond of the happy hammers. As for the chat about their academy. They certainly have produced a fair number of very high quality player over the years and who knows how good they'd have been had they stayed at Upton Pk.

jamboinglasgow
When used in connection with West Ham's supposed flair football, the term "Academy" should not be taken literally. It's used in a more flairey, flowing football fantasy, 1966 type of context. Ask one of the London Hibs fans for an explanation. Also ask them how many times London Hibs have managed to win their national League Championship ;-)

ah right, thought you were trying to go at their youth academy. My apologies. Cant really comment on the idea of the 1966 flowing football they are rumoured to have played, all I can say is I wish I could of seen Bobby Moore play.

Of all the major clubs in world football, Chelsea's record in bringing young players through is probably the worst; embarrassingly so, in fact. Chelsea have just had the biggest wallet in the world - that's it.

Archived