Wii Fit

RoyCropper

Whos got one?

Is t possible to lose serious weight using this thing?

Tried it last night for first time, im impressed.

Did free running thing while i watched match of the day.

who else has it?

If you are 50+ it will keep you reasonably fit. Other than that, no.

Good fun though - for a wii while (see what I did there :biggrin:)

Say What Again

It can only be a good thing IMO Roy. Clearly it's not going to be as good as going to the gym but the fact it's lying there in your living room probably makes you more likely to use it. Any form of exercise has to be good for you and I'd imagine that using it, say, 30mins a day or every other day, you'd soon start to feel and maybe even see the benefits.

This is assuming, like me, you don't do an awful lot of exercise currently. I doubt it would be of any benefit if you visit the gym twice a week and play 5's every Wednesday night.

I bought one during the week. Not out the box yet...

Going to try it later. No chance of me ever going to a gym, so it will do me...

I have had mine for about 1 1/2 years and still enjoy it, although do go through phases of using it. Got the wii fit plus at Xmas and its good as has more detail on it and you can work on the areas you want to work on the most. If you put effort into the exercises in it you will feel the benefits but if you cheat then obviously you wont :wacko:

i like it because its easy and you can do as much as you like when you have time. I generally stick to around 30 mins a day and do zero at weekend.

The Old Tolbooth

The Wii fit plus is excellent, although you don't half feel a dafty when your flapping your arms pretending to be a bird and flying to the next target :laugh:

The snow ball throwing game is fantastic, so is the headering game, heres hoping Obua got one from Santa it might improve his headering skills.

The Wii fit plus is excellent, although you don't half feel a dafty when your flapping your arms pretending to be a bird and flying to the next target :laugh:

Aye I close the curtains for that bit :biggrin:

Jambof3tornado

By the time you dragged your arse down to the local gym you could have had your workout on the wii fit,and be back sat on the sofa eating a pizza and drinking a cool glass of refreshing post exercise lager!!

Its great.:dribble:

Aye I close the curtains for that bit :biggrin:

Never forget the look the postie gave my dad when he walked past the window and my dad was in all out "ski jump" pose! :biggrin:

Used to have it, since sold it. As said above, for serious weight loss, get out and run, or to the gym. For a little extra fitness, the wii fit will help. If anything it's handy for finding out your bmi, how much you've lost etc.

Just had my first 10 mi run, knackered. Wouldnt run outside tho.

Shocked when I got my fit age. 11 years older than I am :wacko:

Ideal for getting the kids active rather than sitting play a PS3/Xbox,

dont think it will get you fitter unless you are on it every day for and do a full work-out.

:ninja:

Ideal for getting the kids active rather than sitting play a PS3/Xbox,

dont think it will get you fitter unless you are on it every day for and do a full work-out.

:ninja:

I have the wii fit plus and it's great, I do it every day for about half and hour and have manged to shed a few pounds:biggrin:

The Old Tolbooth

I remember when we first got the Wii fit, I was on the balance board doing some of the exercises with the remote in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other, it got quite difficult the drunker I got :wacko:

chester copperpot
I remember when we first got the Wii fit, I was on the balance board doing some of the exercises with the remote in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other, it got quite difficult the drunker I got :wacko:

Does anyone else see the irony?

I lost quite a bit of weight on the wii fit doing it every day.

Although i have now joined a gym as i was stuck after losing around 2 stone on it and couldn't lose anymore but it def works.

Did you have a set schedule or just play random?

how long did it take you to lose 2 stone

Did you have a set schedule or just play random?

how long did it take you to lose 2 stone

I ran about 5 times a week for 30 mins on it also done the step thing for 10 and i lost it in about 2 and a half months.

Done the job for me but as i say i stalled after that and couldn't lose anymore i've now joined the gym but the other half uses the wii fit.

I use it more for checking my BMI.

The games are fun but even a combination of regular football, wii fit and even running I still havn't lost much.

chester copperpot

If you are serious about losing weight, then the gym is the way to go.

The wii fit only appeals to middle aged fatty women who are too embarrassed to go to their local gym for fear of having to reveal their 'true' weight to a gym instructor in their induction.

If you are a fatty, once you've been once and got over the initial pain, it does get easier.

If you are serious about losing weight, then the gym is the way to go.

The wii fit only appeals to middle aged fatty women who are too embarrassed to go to their local gym for fear of having to reveal their 'true' weight to a gym instructor in their induction.

If you are a fatty, once you've been once and got over the initial pain, it does get easier.

OMG!!!!!! Do you think perhaps people using it don't have time to go to the gym what with work and kids, or have you even thought that they might not even be able to afford to go to the gym!!!!:wacko:

I presume your over the initial pain now:ninja:

Say What Again

Just passed that info onto the missus. I think she's out looking for you as I type! :biggrin:

chester copperpot
OMG!!!!!! Do you think perhaps people using it don't have time to go to the gym what with work and kids, or have you even thought that they might not even be able to afford to go to the gym!!!!:wacko:

Gimme ma hook back :biggrin:

Na the Wii fit's pretty good for the above mentioned, I just think that you cannae beat the gym for a good workoot.

OMG!!!!!! Do you think perhaps people using it don't have time to go to the gym what with work and kids, or have you even thought that they might not even be able to afford to go to the gym!!!! :wacko:

If you have 25-30 minutes of spare time a couple of times a week then you have time to go to the gym, anything else is just an excuse.

if you do not have this time, then you should re-asses your work-life balance as you could be damaging your long term health with such a stressful schedule.

chester copperpot
Just passed that info onto the missus. I think she's out looking for you as I type! :biggrin:

Wife wants to get one of them Wii Fit Plus thingys at ?90. I'd rather she covered our Gym membership for one month instead.

Gimme ma hook back :biggrin:

Na the Wii fit's pretty good for the above mentioned, I just think that you cannae beat the gym for a good workoot.

Get yer ain lines:biggrin:

If you have 25-30 minutes of spare time a couple of times a week then you have time to go to the gym, anything else is just an excuse.

if you do not have this time, then you should re-asses your work-life balance as you could be damaging your long term health with such a stressful schedule.

Yeah I do have that spare time, in which I do my wii fit in the house for half an hour and also go on the treadmill we have.

I certainly couldn't afford to pay out a gym membership every month... and no thats not an excuse

chester copperpot
Yeah I do have that spare time, in which I do my wii fit in the house for half an hour and also go on the treadmill we have.

I certainly couldn't afford to pay out a gym membership every month... and no thats not an excuse

You got a treadmill in the house now?

You got a treadmill in the house now?

Yeah it's in Johns office, had it a wee while now hun:biggrin:

Archived