The Marius Zaliukas Appreciation Thread

scott_jambo

Congratulations Vice captain Zal, on another sterling performance.

You are a leader of men who's play oozes class, you are also our first effective footballing centre half since Craig Levein.

Your confidence and arrogance is now backed up in your play and I believe as a player that is still relatively young for a centre half if you improve at the rate you have improved in your Hearts career here, there is no reason why you cant go as far as Berra in your playing career.

You come across as laid back off the field, but also quietly determined. The other youngsters look up to you for guidance on the field and love you for your joker antics off the field.

I just pray we as the paying public get to see the defence of - C Thommo Zal Jose and Wallace together at least for a few games before the end of the season. The mix of youth and experience, skill and strength would be a great sight to see.

I beleive Zagreb at Tynecastle was the only time we saw this defensive 4 in action.

Feel free to salute Zal in this thread, as a great representative of the proud Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Marius-Zaliukas-Hearts-Europa-League-PA_2362076.jpg

Marius_Zaliukas_1214598c.jpg

3477.Marius%20Zaliukas_Anglija.lt_nuotr.jpg

You are a leader of men who's play oozes class, you are also our first effective footballing centre half since Craig Levein.

Your confidence and arrogance is now backed up in your play and I believe as a player that is still relatively young for a centre half if you improve at the rate you have improved in your Hearts career here, there is no reason why you cant go as far as Berra in your playing career.

You come across as laid back off the field, but also quietly determined. The other youngsters look up to you for guidance on the field and love you for your joker antics off the field.

I just pray we as the paying public get to see the defence of - C Thommo Zal Jose and Wallace together at least for a few games before the end of the season. The mix of youth and experience, skill and strength would be a great sight to see.

I beleive Zagreb at Tynecastle was the only time we saw this defensive 4 in action.

Feel free to salute Zal in this thread, as a great representative of the proud Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Agree completely, he has brought an assurance back the the centre of defence that has been lacking. Can't wait to see him and Jose together. We salute you Marius :biggrin:

Was Wallace not injured / rested for the 2nd leg against Zagreb?

I think you are 100% correct Salvatori.

When he first came here and played in central midfield I thought he was terrible, but seeing him play in his preferred position as Centre Half and he has proved to be a cracking player.

:fing10:

Well said young man.

I was thinking of posting something identical tonight but you beat me to it.

Big Zal's the man , pure class today even with what looked like a groin injury for the whole of the 2nd half.

Only to then get clattered by a thug.

Love the Big Man

:biggrin:

any news of his injury? when he`s playing it shows how much we miss him when he`s out

Thunderstruck

He was very impressive today and led the defence very well. His voice was heard above all others, directing and encouraging. His reading of the game is excellent and there was some excellent distribution today.

I don't think it is any coincidence that our change in fortune started when he came back into the team.

Drylaw Hearts

Class ??

Oh dear.

He gives away possession much too frequently to be considered a 'class' footballer.

Spot on. Sounds like you know the big fella as you're right with the off-field stuff. The other players do respect him and a lot of them see him as their day-to-day captain. One things for sure, no-one messes with him. Left Tynie on crutches tonight though.

Class ??

Oh dear.

He gives away possession much too frequently to be considered a 'class' footballer.

as soon as i show this thread i though you would be around :dribble:

I do agree that there were times today were he fecked up too near the box for my liking. But overall i thought he did well !

Of the matches he has started this season we have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 2 considering our season thats a good record. I think its fair to say he is a big player for us and I personally think he is a class act, the best centre half at the club and also organises the back four well.

Zaliukas is a top defender for us, we miss him when he doesn't play and he has cut out the hot-head attitude he has had in previous seasons.

He is only 26 years old, he still has a great future in the game, I hope we get him signed up by December.

Lochend Brazil

Sorry to rain on the parade but is the new Sammer not of contract in the summer.

Anyways well played Zal.

I must agree, even though I wanted him binned after the head-butt against falkirk.

He has the potential to be a great CB.

gorgie rd eh11
Class ??

Oh dear.

Give it a rest FFS the guy was quality today as he has been for a long time. You are not happy because you and your wee band have been totally wrong about Zal for quite a long time now. He's Lithuanian get over it.

He's come a long way since that game against Osasuna.

NUMBER 23 GTF ! It seem like a lifetime ago.

Miller Jambo 60

Yes my vote Scott and to the anti Zals Ma Ha.:biggrin:

Sorry to rain on the parade but is the new Sammer not of contract in the summer.

Anyways well played Zal.

Under contract until Dec 31st 2010.

Well done Zal today. Inspirational performance.

Miller Jambo 60
Class ??

Oh dear.

who do you like, is it drylaw mate, cos everytime you post its negative,and im from west pilton.:biggrin:

jamboinglasgow

well done Zal, a rock at the back. You may be as mad as a box of rabbits but you are a leader at the back, an inspirational leader and from the sounds of some youngsters someone who looks after them which is important for a club who want to bring through youth.

Look forward to a back four of CT, Zal, Jose, Wallace.

#this was my point about the poor result in Aberdeen. Our back four has held us together this year, in whatever form, and it was at its weakest for the cup game. We have conceded two goals in the last six league games I think which is fantastic.We are a goalscorer away from a very impressive run of results.

That goal at ER was brilliant, easily in my top three days as a Hearts fan.

Shows what Valdas knew:

"Marius is a good young player, but he will need time to adjust," head coach Valdas Ivanauskas revealed today. "His best position is defensive midfield but he gives us options."

Big fan of Zal here, he should've been captain!

I thought he was a bombscare for long enough but this year he has shown a level of maturity not seen previously.

Hes far from the finished article, but hes steadily improving.

Gon yersel Zal

Stupid Sexy Flanders
as soon as i show this thread i though you would be around :dribble:

I do agree that there were times today were he fecked up too near the box for my liking. But overall i thought he did well !

"No. 26 is rubbish!!!11!!!"

:biggrin:

I wasn't at the game yesterday so I cannot comment on that specific performance, but Zaliukas is an awful defender.

The last game I was at, two weeks ago at Easter Road, Zaliukas had a huge part to play in Hibs' goal and was as dreadful as he regularly is.

Drylaw Hearts
I wasn't at the game yesterday so I cannot comment on that specific performance, but Zaliukas is an awful defender.

The last game I was at, two weeks ago at Easter Road, Zaliukas had a huge part to play in Hibs' goal and was as dreadful as he regularly is.

He was also awful last week v Aberdeen bh.

Valentine Jambo

Would much rather have Zal in the team than Berra any day. IMO I don't think we have missed Berra, maybe in the box attacking when we have a corner but that's about it.

And the myth about Zal continues. Class ? :jester:

He played well yesterday but still had his usual moments where he does something stupid. This will stop him ever becoming a "class" footballer". Now we have people comparing him to Levein. :wacko:

Steady there. Decent player on form but i`m not convinced he`s quite reached the levels of last year. I appreciate he has been out a while.

Tries too many World Cup balls out of defence, but in his defence he does get one right now and again!

I think he is a good player but he`s actually too casual at times and thinks he`s in total control when he isn`t really. However, i think he is a first pick in there. He is a winner, no matter what flaws he may have, and is the most assured on the ball out of who we have in there.

I hope he regains the form of last season because he`ll be a big benefit to Hearts...but the classiest since Levein? not sure about that?

I hope he regains the form of last season because he`ll be a big benefit to Hearts...but the classiest since Levein? not sure about that?

He's no David Weir that's for sure.

He's no David Weir that's for sure.
correct, and Paul Ritchie didn`t have class but is/was a better all round defender than MZ, in my opinion anyway. I`m sure theres more..........

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Admittedly, he has improved but I still think he's pish. Who told him he can pass a ball 70 yards?

Deep down, I'll never forgive him for his performance against the vermin in the League Cup.

Zal is a good SPL defender at best

He nearly sold the jerseys yesterday when *****ing about in his own box.

I think he has improved greatly this season from a couple of seasons ago.

I put this down to csaba man management.

Keep up the good work Zal

HillmanHearts

He's no Darren Barr !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Joking apart : Zal was excellent yesterday.

Also thought Bouzid was decent.

Has been hideously rusty since he came back from injury imo - not really any surprise given the length of time he was out, in fairness. He was a bit closer to sharpness yesterday and strolled the game, but 50p heid was out in force a few times and he was slack once or twice.

I rate him, and so do other SPL managers. Levein has definitely sung his praises as one of the best centre backs in the league.

loveofthegame

''A leader of men who oozes class''- Lol. He's awrite, but liable to a concentration slip or 2 at the same time. Played well yesterday but still made the odd very dodgy pass which could have been costly.

Zal was to blame for Hibs goal???

In this order:

Lee/Ruben - i.e whoever should have been covering the back post!

C for faiing to cut out the cross!

Stewart? or whoever let Miller run into the box on his own, thus providing enough of a distraction to stop Z backtracking!

Zal for not backing up tight on Stokes!

Kello for not saving the header!

So it was a team error, and zal was not the most culpable.

Zal is pish???

Preconception/agenda rules, it would seem!

He's a better player at 26 than Elvis was at the same age!

IF he continues to learn from experience he will be very good!!!

Zal was to blame for Hibs goal???

In this order:

Lee/Ruben - i.e whoever should have been covering the back post!

C for faiing to cut out the cross!

Stewart? or whoever let Miller run into the box on his own, thus providing enough of a distraction to stop Z backtracking!

Zal for not backing up tight on Stokes!

Kello for not saving the header!

So it was a team error, and zal was not the most culpable.

Zal is pish???

Preconception/agenda rules, it would seem!

He's a better player at 26 than Elvis was at the same age!

IF he continues to learn from experience he will be very good!!!

I know it is a Sunday, but that is almost as much drivel as you spouted this morning.

Duly saluted. Big Zal is the best centre back in the SPL.

Archived