We could have pumped them today ...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If we had shown a bit of desire and urgency after the penalty. Great first 20 minutes and then as soon as we scored it was shut up shop time. Boring as feck.

Thank god the ref was a diddy otherwise I would have probably went for a sleep.

jamboinglasgow

what about that great period in the second half that included a penalty being turned down, numerous good crosses in the box (just need someone in the right place to put it in) and a great burst from Templeton and Robinson?

Same old mentality we can't seem to shrug off. We get a goal and are happy to defend it. We won't always get away with that.

However, before someone launches into me, I'm deligthed with the three points and can SMELL the Hibees in the league. :D

Drylaw Hearts

If we had a Centre Forward who played, and mostly stayed in the centre.

Too many times there is just a big huge hole where a striker should be.

Toxteth O'Grady
If we had shown a bit of desire and urgency after the penalty. Great first 20 minutes and then as soon as we scored it was shut up shop time. Boring as feck.

For the first time ever I went home at half time today, that is how predictable we are at the moment.

As long as Csaba is the coach I can't see us pumping anybody.

If we had a Centre Forward who played, and mostly stayed in the centre.

Too many times there is just a big huge hole where a striker should be.

Nade's reluctance to get into the box is frustrating but I thought he was our best player today, showed some great touches and held the ball up well.

What's the point in having our two central midfielders sitting on top of our defence? Stewart should have had a field day in that massive space but they are obviously instructed to sit.

I'm happy with the win but a 3/4 goal victory would do our confidence the world of good and we missed a chance to get it today. St Mirren were awful.

Drylaw Hearts
Nade's reluctance to get into the box is frustrating but I thought he was our best player today, showed some great touches and held the ball up well.

What's the point in having our two central midfielders sitting on top of our defence? Stewart should have had a field day in that massive space but they are obviously instructed to sit.

I'm happy with the win but a 3/4 goal victory would do our confidence the world of good and we missed a chance to get it today. St Mirren were awful.

Nade was very good today but......he's our main striker and I counted only one effort on goal - a header from a MS cross in the first half.

He needs to get more efforts in on goal imo.

The win was obviously welcome and I thought we played quite well in spells today against a REALLY awful St Mirren.

They stink.

Decent enough performance today and thoroughly deserved to win.

Same old problem in terms of cutting edge in the final 3rd but other then Obua I thought the midfield and Nade/Robinson did as well as can be expected given their relative talent and experience and other than the last 15 minutes (+ ridiculous 6mins injury time) never felt we sat back we just never got a break in front of goal to put the game to bed.

All in all a fairly encouraging 90mins considering we would hope to have Goncalves, Wallace and possibly Driver available when we play them again in the Semi Final. It will be a different game but if we play we win, simple as that.

Exactly the same sort of result as we were getting last season

Not sure if we went 6 without defeat then, but as good a run of league form as we have had for over 3 years I'd guess - not that it takes much to have done.

Played with 2 strikers, 2 wingers....and sounds as if Templeton and Robinson were lively and promising radio said Nade had a very good game / work rate.

Csaba has a blind spot for Obua - but he doesnt seem to have one for Suso and Balogh

Decent enough result it seems given our injuries and the mediocre players we have

Csaba has a blind spot for Obua - but he doesnt seem to have one for Suso and Balogh

He does although options were limited today and I fully expect a midfield of Templeton/C.Thomson Stewart Jonsson Driver when the latter is available again.

By the way Palazuelos had his best game in donkeys today at left back. He cant play left mid as he doesnt have the pace or the left foot to go wide but with the game in front of him he was very comfortable and kept it very simple.

I'm delighted we shut up shop for once, given I had Stewart and 1-0 on the correct score coupon!

Thought we attacked them a lot more after scoring than we have in the recent past though - and the substitution of Robinson for Smith was a big step forward from the usual Kucharski pish. Great stuff from Nade, Robinson, Templeton and Stewart today as well.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased, but sometimes we should just go for the jugular and today was the perfect opportunity. They couldn't get out their half for the first 20 minutes!

Great to pick up the 3 points.

However....

The fact that we defend so deep in the later stages of matches is becoming much too predictable and is one of the key reasons why we have dropped more points from a winning position this season than any other SPL club. We must work on this.

Highlight today was the fine work from Nade and the increasing confidence of our young players.

Onwards and upwards....

MacDonald Jardine

There were two points today, after the goal and early second half when I thought we might score a few.

It's disappointing we ended up defending a bit desperately again but there are signs we could give someone a doing.

Robinson was outstanding and Templeton seems to be coming on to a game.

Nade played well but his fitness is shocking. The last ten minutes was embarrassing. At full time he couldn't move

Maybe but without him we would have faced a bombardment in injury time, of the 6 mins he must have had the ball for at least 3 of them :biggrin:

Miller Jambo 60

We should have Ken, it was boring but 3 points again.

Im happy mate, having a wee glass of wine.:biggrin:

Miller Jambo 60
For the first time ever I went home at half time today, that is how predictable we are at the moment.

What a waste of a tic, at least go to the pub:biggrin:

chester copperpot
What a waste of a tic, at least go to the pub:biggrin:

I was looking for you in Section J today Doug, you must've been very quiet, unlike that guy in lower section G. :laugh:

portobellojambo1

I thought Jimmy Sandison summed up the first half very well. At half time I too thought we looked very comfortable, early part of second half we continued to perform well. After about an hour Nade started drifting out to the wing, which is often a sign that he is, by that point knackered.

I think we should have substituted him then, and continued to try and keep them on the back foot.

It was worrying that the longer the game went on the more we seemed willing to allow them the ball, and we just settled in around our own penalty area.

A second goal from us might have produced a more concerted attacking overall display, but we got the 3 points on offer in the end.

maheartismaroon

Lots of posters here not present at todays game and quite a shocking inditement of JKB.

We murdered a team in the same league as us with relative ease and still people have a pop.

Kello was busy today right enough eh ???

Top marks Csaba and the team.

Sorry for posting positive comments on JKB and I expect a ban ASAP.

Miller Jambo 60
I was looking for you in Section J today Doug, you must've been very quiet, unlike that guy in lower section G. :laugh:

You maybe saw my laddie getting told by the polis to go and sit in his proper seat just after we scored.

He was up the back with the young lads.

Im just at the back of the front section, just along from the nicker snatcher.:biggrin:

MacDonald Jardine
Lots of posters here not present at todays game and quite a shocking inditement of JKB.

We murdered a team in the same league as us with relative ease and still people have a pop.

Get used to it.

the biggest critics are often the posters who live abroad or have chosen not to go for reasons of "principle".

Jam Tarts 1874

It is a pity that we didn't get the 2 or 3 goals ahead. Young Ryan Wallace was on the bench, I was hoping he could have got a run.

More of these please.

I thought we played very well today. Great performance from Robinson, Templeton got better and better as the game went on. Comfortable throughout. Kello had nothing to do. Yes it was only one but we did well. Driver in for Obua (total passenger) wallace and jose to return, onwards and upwards for the JT's

Yes we got the three points today, which is brilliant. But as always, when we just sit back, we were walking a tightrope. We should have buried many chances, most fell to Obua. That being said the ref gave us no favours, but we shouldn't have to be affected by poor decisions. We should be clear away with at least a two goal lead.

At the end of the day though, three points will suit me fine. :)

We were predictable under Jordan and became notorious for 1-0 victories. It had us challenging for the title up until March though. Levein's team were not the most entertaining albeit they were effective. Arsenal garnered great success in the late 80s and early 90s while saddled with a "boring" tag. Given the lack of support from above, I think our present undefeated run should be welcomed and accepted with gratitude. Everyone and their granny, apart from Tims and Hibbies, realise that football is a results driven business and that you are only able to play as well as the oppo will allow you.

portobellojambo1

With all due respect maheartismaroon, we most certainly didn't murder the opposition today, under any circumstances. Murder, by definition, is a game over situation, with no chance of recovery. We controlled the first half of the game we looked comfortable, but were still only 1-0 ahead. We continued to play well the early part of the second half, but then retreated backwards the longer the game went on. St Mirren had a hell of a lot of possession towards the end, and it isn't inconceivable to suggest that by us giving them so much time on the ball late on they could have produced an equaliser. In my book that doesn't equate to murdering the opposition, in fact it ain't even close to murder.

What we did do today proved to be enough to win all 3 points, no more than that.

I think we tried for a long time to get the second goal. If' we'd got it I think we might have gone on to get 3 or 4. We didnt really sit back until the last 10-15 minutes IMO

I thought the two young lads made us look a bit more punchy up front today without having a huge threat, but we looked a bit more pacey and a bit more dangerous.

St Mirren were poor, really poor. I cant believe they'll improve enough to offer us any threat in the league cup semi unless we have another Pittodrie type performance.

Toxteth O'Grady
We were predictable under Jordan and became notorious for 1-0 victories. It had us challenging for the title up until March though. Levein's team were not the most entertaining albeit they were effective. Arsenal garnered great success in the late 80s and early 90s while saddled with a "boring" tag. Given the lack of support from above, I think our present undefeated run should be welcomed and accepted with gratitude. Everyone and their granny, apart from Tims and Hibbies, realise that football is a results driven business and that you are only able to play as well as the oppo will allow you.

Aye fair enough.

It was 1-0 when I left. I missed nothing, cannae be bothered at the moment the standard is appalling.

john brownlee

Well I thought it was a no bad game and we should have went on to get the second. But that's not the case at present with the way the team is set up.

plenty of positives in the game. back four looking good and can cope with anything that's thrown at them Kello excellent again .midfield still a bit to defencive for my liking but I must say ms had a good game ( was the dundee owner in the stand BAC) young boys terrific power display, well done and Nade did work hard but he really has to get his fitness right even at the end he was wrecked but still done a job in holding the ball. but for FFS it was stmidden we were playing and we should have had them out of site by then.

anyway well done the mightyJTs

and the icing on the cake, the hobos got gubbed

Archived