Where to go with the Kid?

wardie

Picking up my 4 year old daughter tomoro to take her out for the day, want to take her somewhere exciting but cant think where. any ideas???

Picking up my 4 year old daughter tomoro to take her out for the day, want to take her somewhere exciting but cant think where. any ideas???

The obvious one is Tynecastle mate. :thumb:

Edit: Sorry just noticed you want something exciting lol

tynie. or the zoo.

maybe the zoo.

Is there anything actually at the zoo nowadays? not been there in years and years

If you're looking for something inexpensive, make up a big piece with a huge flask and take her sledging up the pentlands. The weather forecast for tomorrow isn't too bad but it is to be a bit windy. Mind and wrap up warm though.

maroonlegions

What about a soft play venue, there are a few in Edinburgh, its great for the kids to use up all that energy they have,Usually go to the one in Livi, they have a circuit with racing cars, its a pound a go though and have a cafe where they sell bairns food and adults.They are very professional and have a number of staff that look after the kids.

Miller Jambo 60
The museum maybe followed by Mcds!!:biggrin:

And the museum is free, and very educational.

Not been myself for years.

I see the aquarium is expensive but it always worked for me when my daughter and granddaughter were young. The other thing that worked with me for the two was to take them somewhere nice for lunch. Wee girls it seems always like to be treated grown up, and especially enjoy a lunch with their Daddy or Grandad. At least it worked for me. It must have worked pretty good because both my 45 year old daughter and 16 year old granddaughter still seem to enjoy it. I have to qualify if its my excellent parenting skills or the fact we usually go somewhere nice and I get the bill.

keith greenhill

What about Time Twisters up on the Calder Road in beside Topps Tiles.An indoor play area with a cafeteria.Not a bad place for the bairn to get rid of her energy and you can watch her with a we cup of tea!

Is there anything actually at the zoo nowadays? not been there in years and years

dunno how much it is. if you're looking for something free, then a museum would be good, but you'd have to pick well for a four year old. i get in to the zoo for free (work, rather than a blue peter badge) and i've enjoyed it when i've taken my girlfriend. the penguin parade is great. check beforehand for times.

The museum maybe followed by Mcds!!:biggrin:

The museum is still shut i think. getting refurbished.

Mcds always puts a smile on a kids face haha

The museum is still shut i think. getting refurbished.

Mcds always puts a smile on a kids face haha

Aww is it, well swimming followed by Mcds , what kid would refuse a McD.lol

DO you drive as the pool at Burntisland is very good, dont know about Leith waterworld as i've never been

And the museum is free, and very educational.

Not been myself for years.

The Royal Museum is closed because they have decided to kill the fish in order to fit in more tables for corporate events.:wacko:

Museum of Scotland is still open though (even though they haven't finished cladding the dirty white bit at the back yet).

East Links Family Park is the best place if the weather is ok. I actually stroked a pig's belly the last time I was there; the day before the Mexican Swine Flu broke on the news.

I'd also recommend Dalkieth Country Park. It's got a 30 foot slide.

What about Time Twisters up on the Calder Road in beside Topps Tiles.An indoor play area with a cafeteria.Not a bad place for the bairn to get rid of her energy and you can watch her with a we cup of tea!

My sister takes my niece and nephew there all the time and they love it.

cineworld at fountain park, have films for kids on a saturday, at 10am, 10.10, 10.20.

UP, fantastic mister fox & cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

tickets ?1 each.

wee bit lunch, then off to tynie. :biggrin:

heartgarfunkel

Craigmillar Castle is absolutely brilliant for toddlers. Virtually intact with dozens of rooms, wee nooks and crannies, etc, etc. The dreaded McD's is just along the road at Fort Kinnaird too :thumb:

The Old Tolbooth
cineworld at fountain park, have films for kids on a saturday, at 10am, 10.10, 10.20.

UP, fantastic mister fox & cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

tickets ?1 each.

wee bit lunch, then off to tynie. :biggrin:

Now that's MY kinda weather forecast!! :biggrin:

My daughter loved the Armanvale Heritage Centre in Livi. Doubt it will be much help for tomorrow given the weather, but might like to take her when the weather picks up maybe.

neverlikedElvis
My daughter loved the Armanvale Heritage Centre in Livi. Doubt it will be much help for tomorrow given the weather, but might like to take her when the weather picks up maybe.

i'd second that mate but think its Almond Valley Heritage Centre-perfect for 4 year olds. Dalkeith & Vogrie Country Park good too. none too clever for tomorrow though-weatherwise. i'd take the bairn swimming-bonnyrigg pool good for that age, gorgie farm good too, meadows park, happy castle penicuik (indoor play centre), timetwisters (good shout)

arcadia in portobello-trampolines-brilliant!

single-dad-thread-alert!! :biggrin:

i'd second that mate but think its Almond Valley Heritage Centre-perfect for 4 year olds. Dalkeith & Vogrie Country Park good too. none too clever for tomorrow though-weatherwise. i'd take the bairn swimming-bonnyrigg pool good for that age, gorgie farm good too, meadows park, happy castle penicuik (indoor play centre), timetwisters (good shout)

arcadia in portobello-trampolines-brilliant!

single-dad-thread-alert!! :biggrin:

Ooops you're quite right! :embarassed:

Radioactive Mince

This is weird. I was about to post a thread asking about soft plays in and around Edinburgh. Good thread.

For the more Northern Jambos - I've taken the terrible twins to Noah's Ark in Perth recently and it rules - It's got soft plays, a petting zoo, proper go-karts of varying engine capacity including two-seaters (my little girl was scared but my lad loved it). There's also a bowling alley, arcades and pool tables. Well worth a visit.

Mince

Archived