Things you have done and prayed people aint seen you do it!

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Ok, I did a silly thing this morning and felt really stupid about, in fact I still do!:confused:

I left the house, went to the car park (which is shared by quite a lot of people) and was carrying my laptop. I opened my back door and threw the laptop in, then thought to myself that I had to stop at the shops on the way to the office and took the laptop back out the back of my car and put it in the boot, but had left my back door open.

I then closed my boot and got in my car...........................in the back seat!!! I even closed the door and sat there for a couple of seconds and thought to myself, wtf am I doing? I burst out laughing and got out the car rather red faced looking around at peoples windows hoping no one saw me, then drove away quite fast.

I felt like a right tit!

Anyone else done anything really stupid that they would like to share? I bet there are a few funny stories to be had.

Guest gorgie kev

On the way home from a all day bevvy session for some strange reason i decided to sleep in the garden.Woke up on sunday morning with my neighbours on the way to church and i was just lying sprawled out in the garden covered in mud.

Ok, I did a silly thing this morning and felt really stupid about, in fact I still do!:confused:

I left the house, went to the car park (which is shared by quite a lot of people) and was carrying my laptop. I opened my back door and threw the laptop in, then thought to myself that I had to stop at the shops on the way to the office and took the laptop back out the back of my car and put it in the boot, but had left my back door open.

I then closed my boot and got in my car...........................in the back seat!!! I even closed the door and sat there for a couple of seconds and thought to myself, wtf am I doing? I burst out laughing and got out the car rather red faced looking around at peoples windows hoping no one saw me, then drove away quite fast.

I felt like a right tit!

Anyone else done anything really stupid that they would like to share? I bet there are a few funny stories to be had.

First ive laughed all day, you sir are a legend.

i was booking a flight for me and the bird online to get us back home from my next trip to edinburgh.

i felt a proper plum (and still do) when i read the confirmation email and realised i'd booked tickets going in the wrong direction. cost me ?30 to cancel it and another ?20 on top to get the one i wanted.

my girlfriend will never know about this

A few years ago, I ran about in a left hand drive 3 door Sierra Cosworth.

Didn't really cause any problems driving it locally, you just got used to it - but occasionally it slipped your mind that it was a left hooker!

I was at a local petrol station, was chatting to a guy I knew in the shop, came out and, without thinking, got into the "wrong side" (the side without the steering wheel!) :confused:

Looked up hoping that no one had spotted me, wrong!

Guy in the shop was pi$hing himself laughing, especially when I pretended to rake about in the door pocket like I was looking for something and had really meant to get in that side!

Pretended I "found" what I was looking for, got out and got in the right side!

Was't fooling anyone though...:lolpoint::whistling:

The Old Tolbooth
A few years ago, I ran about in a left hand drive 3 door Sierra Cosworth.

Didn't really cause any problems driving it locally, you just got used to it - but occasionally it slipped your mind that it was a left hooker!

I was at a local petrol station, was chatting to a guy I knew in the shop, came out and, without thinking, got into the "wrong side" (the side without the steering wheel!) :confused:

Looked up hoping that no one had spotted me, wrong!

Guy in the shop was pi$hing himself laughing, especially when I pretended to rake about in the door pocket like I was looking for something and had really meant to get in that side!

Pretended I "found" what I was looking for, got out and got in the right side!

Was't fooling anyone though...:lolpoint::whistling:

Ha ha ha!! Thats exactly how I felt this morning mate! :D

Sexton Hardcastle

very similar to the first post but involves a friend..

We were having our football players nite out in the local. We had all met and me and a friend popped outsdie to the bank where we met another boy coming up the hill in his car. He got out left the car running and was asking about the dress code and who was in the boozer. A few seconds later he said " cya shortly" , as he was heading home to get changed. He got in the wrong side of the car put his seatbelt on and gave us a nod as if his car was about to pull away. A second or two passed and he realised his mistake and tried to make up for it by jumping out the car, running in the other door and making a quick get away. HOWEVER... he never closed the door as he got out poped the car into reverse and almost took the door clean off trying to pull away. The door missed a parked car by a baw hair and swung closed. He stalled the car and eventualyl got away.

Me and my mate in tears ofcourse told the rest of the boys and he got a heros welcome in the the pub.

comical

chester copperpot
Ha ha ha!! Thats exactly how I felt this morning mate! :D

What about the time Linda came to pick you up from the pub, you were half jake'd and tried to strap yourself into the kiddies seat in the back.

Almost choked when you sent me that txt message one night:)

christhejambo

A friend of mine(honestly) was going to Newcastle for the weekend and had to book up a hotel. So...off she goes surfing the internet and finds a nice hotel in Newcastle. Goes through all the stuff and books it. Turns out shes booked a hotel in Newcastle Australia, and didnt even twig when she paid in Aussie dollars- she reckons it was just something to make it easier for Australians to book up. Her mum let the cat out of the bag on that one, and she has recieved quite a ribbing since.

They eventually pittied her and refunded one night of her weekend stay.

Out for an early morning run many years ago about 6am. My guts had started churning at the furthest point away from the house (obviously!) and I knew that I wasn't going to keep this "Thora Hird" in for much longer!

Had to take a dump in the gutter between two cars but I hope and pray nobody saw me doing it from the tenaments across the road. Felt a right dirty b*****d!

I'd only been in my new job for 3 weeks when I came in one day thinking it was a 'dress down day' ie wear what you want instead of a suit.

You should have seen the looks I got walking through the office in white trainers, jeans, a white t-shirt and a g-star hoodie! Felt so embarassed when I realised I had the dates mixed up:o

Ended up getting my bird to come into my work with a change of clothes!

The Old Tolbooth
What about the time Linda came to pick you up from the pub, you were half jake'd and tried to strap yourself into the kiddies seat in the back.

Almost choked when you sent me that txt message one night:)

I almost needed the flippin fire brigade to get me out the bairns seat that night!!!

In my defence, I was howling drunk and couldnt tell the difference between between a tiny childs car seat and a blinkin 3 piece suite!! At least I had an excuse that day :D

The Old Tolbooth
Out for an early morning run many years ago about 6am. My guts had started churning at the furthest point away from the house (obviously!) and I knew that I wasn't going to keep this "Thora Hird" in for much longer!

Had to take a dump in the gutter between two cars but I hope and pray nobody saw me doing it from the tenaments across the road. Felt a right dirty b*****d!

Just pished myself laughing at that one mate, thats an absolute topper!!!

speaking on my mobile phone to my mate, in a rush to go out. after a few minutes I start moaning that i have been looking everywhere but cant find my mobile - felt a complete tool considering i was speaking on it....

jamboinglasgow

your not the only one, a few years ago (think it was the day of the 2-2 Hearts celtic match when McKenna got concussed after scoring) anyway I was goin for one of my usual runs when at the furthest point from my house I got the pains of needing to go no.2, thinking I might survive I carried on and it was getting worse and worse, I was about half a mile from my house when it just happened:scared:. It was all over my leg and I still shudder thinking about. I just carried on running past one or two people (who luckly didn't see the incident) hoping they thought it was mud and got home sprinted into the bathroom and had one of the longest showers of my life.

From that day on I always went to the toliet before I went for a run. The hazard of running.

DuffKirkMacKenzie

This morning I phoned my mate on my mobile, and while I was waiting for him to answer my house phone rang. While holding the mobile to my ear I carried the house phone to the b,room to get the wife to answer it. As I did I thought they'll hang up, so I answered the house phone. Hello, Hello I said to myself on the friggin' mobile. I'd rang the hoose by mistake.

Doctor FinnBarr

A mates wife, no names, lets just call her Marcella, thick as pig ****, lost her mobile in the house, but in a moment of non blondness she had the bright idea to phone herself to find where she,d put it. Phoned the number, heard it ring behind the curtains, picked it up and answered it!:cheers:

Went down the local last year with a bunch of mates to watch an England game. It was my shout and when I went to pay I was a bit embarrassed to find out the ?50 I'd withdrawn from the hole in the wall had been left at the hole in the wall just a few minutes earlier. I jogged up the street to the bank (only 300 yds or so) but some bartseward had taken the money.

Never mind , ?50 gone thought I . Took out another ?50 and while I was doing that a rather tasty burd in a very nice sportscar pulled up. I had a good look , took my cash card and jogged back to the pub. To complete ridicule for forgetting the ?50.

Went to pay for the bevvies but realised I had also left another ?50 sitting at the hole in the wall.

The worst night out in years. Slaughtered by the missus and slagged off non-stop by my mates.

husref musemic

got a wee oil leak on the motor so yesterday morning checked the level. Done the needful and set off...smell was quite bad by the time id got to work. took a look under the hood to see id not put the cap back on.

Oil everywhere, smoke pouring of the exhaust where it had p_ssed all over it and stinking. Right mess, the car parks like an oil slick too.

Rule - never fidget with the motor before lunch.

speaking on my mobile phone to my mate, in a rush to go out. after a few minutes I start moaning that i have been looking everywhere but cant find my mobile - felt a complete tool considering i was speaking on it....

Done that so many times it's ridiculous.

:sad:

Was duty onboard HMS Fife on the day of live aid. Told the guys onboard not to worry about missing the event as I had set up the video at home to record a good part of it. I had as well timer the lot. Only thing was I had forgot to put a blank tape in the machine. I never lived that one down.

John

Not long after I passed my test I went to fill the car up for the first time. The first problem was trying to get the nozzle out. Turning my key this way and that I managed to yank it of after a couple of minutes.

Then I noticed that the tank was on the other side from the pump so had to negotiate the fuel pump around the car and manage to fill it up. This is where I didn't do so well. I tried to go round the side, over the top and any which way.

Finally manged to get it to the tank. Put the petrol in and nearly on the home stretch until i took it out and spilled petrol on the side of the car and on the ground.

I looked around thinking no one had seen me until three folk in the garage were just looking at me.

Head down, I went in to pay. They were still staring at me.

The all I heard:

"First time filling up?"

"Yup"

Followed by a brisk exit.

There used to be 2 car parks where i worked, i've finished up at 4 and went to the main car park where i thought i had left me car. Going mental that i could not find it, i thought ****, its being stolen, quite upset, run back to the office, explained what had happened. As i'm on the phone to the police, i've looked out of my office window and saw my car parked right next to my office window !

Got ripped for weeks !

On a lads golfing holiday and got dressed up in my cream jeans to go out (I know!). Anyway, felt a bit of a rumble in the lower regions whilst we were in the bar. There was only one khazi and no door so i decided I could wait. Until we were halfway home and I had to get my mate to pull of a "side road". Leapt over a fence and disappeared behind some bushes. Apparantly, my mate got out to see if I was ok and heard "an explosion" and decided not to bother. Anyway, got back in the car and slid around for the rest of the journey before sticking my white y's and lovely jeans straight into the washing machine - whilst trying to avoid looking anyone in the eye! :sad:

Walter Bishop

We had a big family bash at xmas a couple of years ago and my old dear had asked if i my missus could bring a trifle and a Gateau for desert. After 20 phonecalls telling me not to forget these before leaving the house I did!! So i had to drive half an hour back to get them and was asked to bring a couple of other things for the bairns, so i gets out to the car hands full rushing like mad and put the 2 deserts on the roof of the car!! I put everything else in, got in and off i went, 50 yards down the road i nearly shat myself as i seen the gateaux and trifle sliding down the back windscreen and onto the road!!! I just kept driving in the hope nobody saw!!

:confused::confused:

Went to pick up a pal at the airport.Was only their 15 mins when we got back to the car park, but my car had been stolen... Eventully went back to terminal to report it to the police. I got driven round airport in a police van till car was found, Dont know how i went to wrong car park .. Didnt feel as bad when the policeman told me he had to do that about dozen times a day..

chester copperpot
We had a big family bash at xmas a couple of years ago and my old dear had asked if i my missus could bring a trifle and a Gateau for desert. After 20 phonecalls telling me not to forget these before leaving the house I did!! So i had to drive half an hour back to get them and was asked to bring a couple of other things for the bairns, so i gets out to the car hands full rushing like mad and put the 2 deserts on the roof of the car!! I put everything else in, got in and off i went, 50 yards down the road i nearly shat myself as i seen the gateaux and trifle sliding down the back windscreen and onto the road!!! I just kept driving in the hope nobody saw!!

:confused::confused:

Superbly funny story, had me in fits that did. :)

Cheered up my rather dull friday

Archived