An apology

bob

At times i have been a complete tit to people on this forum who claim to be depressed. I once said depression was merely feeling sorry for yourself. How wrong one can be.

At times i have been a complete tit to people on this forum who claim to be depressed. I once said depression was merely feeling sorry for yourself. How wrong one can be.

You Alright bob???

It's only a game....So the wife tells me!!

Some cases can be attention seeking but some are very serious and how can we determine over a forum who is genuine and who is not.

Fair play mate. I don't know what particular threads or posts you're talking about, but I've read some of the stuff about Pinilla which many posters had a say on.

To be honest, I get that non-sufferers don't really understand it, so their opinions aren't that bad. It's hard for people to realise the effect it has when they've had no direct or indirect contact. I would even go as far as saying friends and family of depressed people don't really understand what goes on inside that person, although they can (sometimes) see the results.

Takes a big person to apologise for their opinions though.

:placate:

Obviously very naive of you. I accept your apology. I will however never speak to you again.:sad:

;)

Obviously very naive of you. I accept your apology. I will however never speak to you again.:sad:

;)

But i have sausage rolls? Surely you cant say no ?

Chin up buddy, hope your doing alright.

Women, you'd be suprised how something so small and sweet can make your like crumble around you in the matter of one conversation. Never take happyness for granted.

The Old Tolbooth
Women, you'd be suprised how something so small and sweet can make your like crumble around you in the matter of one conversation. Never take happyness for granted.

Glad I managed to make you smile on another thread tonight mate, keep the chin up bud. :fing25:

Bob i am going to admit that i used to think the same about depression, until i was hit with depression myself. depressions not something i would wish on anyone, but its hard admitting to anyone that you feel low, i felt inadequate and worthless and i suppose bit of a failure in a way admitting that i needed help to cope with life.

Bob i am going to admit that i used to think the same about depression, until i was hit with depression myself. depressions not something i would wish on anyone, but its hard admitting to anyone that you feel low, i felt inadequate and worthless and i suppose bit of a failure in a way admitting that i needed help to cope with life.

Life? All things come to an end and people have to live with the choices they make in life. Never laugh at someone who has dreams and ambitions. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. I think ive found out whats important in life and thats number one. Other people will always let you down- Remember that for its one thing to lose something and yet another to not take it as a lesson. In the end we're all alone aren't we? I mean how many of us can truelly say we have met the love of our lives? Surely one can never be truelly sure.

Yours deeply in thought, Bob

Bob, as much as I hate your political opinions and that Chelsea avatar, respect for the apology.

We don't have enough JKB lov'ins. Good times.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I used to think that depression (as the film says) "is for the middle classes, the rest of us have an early start in the morning"

Then I got struck down by it a few years ago, I had moved house to new area, work went tits up, I had no mates, no money (I'm self employed) basically I sat about he hoose all day on my jack for nearly two years. This was from me being a "life and soul of the party" type of guy to a bloke who had to leave a boozer before a Scotland game as it was too busy and I was really starting to panic. Dark days indeed. The breaking point came when I was constantly thinking of stringing myself up. I got as far as tying the dugs lead to the loft hatch and suddenly realised what the feck I was doing.

Dr's were as much use as fly in the air, and just handed me a big bag of "Sweeties" which I took more and more of over an 18 month period.

Eventually I stopped taking them (they seemed to be making me worse and just sucking the life out me), made some major life changes and I'm now starting to sort my life out slowly. It's been really hard and I'm still in a shedload of debt due to not working, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

You can dig yourself out of this, its not easy but you can do it. CBT really helped me (you can buy a book if you don't want to talk to anyone about it and just work thru that)

If you need any advice PM me

Archived