Were You Watching Csaba?

bobskeldon

Average Hamilton side (like us) with average players (like us) BUT playing with a completely different attitude and style! Your time is up!

Average Hamilton side (like us) with average players (like us) BUT playing with a completely different attitude and style! Your time is up!

Bob, did you see the Hearts v Rangers game at Tynecastle?

We actually played quite well and only a refereeing blunder cost us the same result as Hamilton just got.

Our average side with average players has won 10 points out of a possible 12 as well.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Yes, another Csaba GTF thread, how many do we actually need?

5th place, CSI semi, chance of third place (again) 10 point of a possible 12, beat celtic and drew with a very decent Hibs side at Easter road, youngster coming through, team playing together once more. What more could anyone want?

Yet, after each and every defeat the same things happens - Knee jerk reaction. Vlad, GTF! Csaba GTF! Whinge, moan, greet, pish yer pants, whinge some more and start about 50 Csaba and vlad GTF threads.

The man is trying his best with limited resources. TBH it is a miracle he got us third last year and 5th place so far this year. I never seen any of thes threads when we went on a wee unbeaten run. People really need to look beyond results sometimes and see what is best for the club. Csaba going IS NOT BEST FOR THE CLUB. For all we know vlad may have another lithuanian puppet in the winds to take over should Shabba go.

Hearts are in 30 odd million in debt. We can not afford to sign anyone. Shabba has a very inexpierenced squad and thus inconsistent. They were the better team against Hibs but then we were bad against aberdeen. We lack consistency due to the inexpierence. Shabba knows this and has been asking for more expierence but do we really believe that Vlad would sanction the transfer of a 27 - 28 year old? Doubt it, to him it does not make great buisness sense as there would be no sell on value.

Shabba will be here for the near future. Deal with it.

Yes' date=' another Csaba GTF thread, how many do we actually need?

5th place, CSI semi, chance of third place (again) 10 point of a possible 12, beat celtic and drew with a very decent Hibs side at Easter road, youngster coming through, team playing together once more. What more could anyone want?

Yet, after each and every defeat the same things happens - Knee jerk reaction. Vlad, GTF! Csaba GTF! Whinge, moan, greet, pish yer pants, whinge some more and start about 50 Csaba and vlad GTF threads.

The man is trying his best with limited resources. TBH it is a miracle he got us third last year and 5th place so far this year. I never seen any of thes threads when we went on a wee unbeaten run. People really need to look beyond results sometimes and see what is best for the club. Csaba going IS NOT BEST FOR THE CLUB. For all we know vlad may have another lithuanian puppet in the winds to take over should Shabba go.

Hearts are in 30 odd million in debt. We can not afford to sign anyone. Shabba has a very inexpierenced squad and thus inconsistent. They were the better team against Hibs but then we were bad against aberdeen. We lack consistency due to the inexpierence. Shabba knows this and has been asking for more expierence but do we really believe that Vlad would sanction the transfer of a 27 - 28 year old? Doubt it, to him it does not make great buisness sense as there would be no sell on value.

Shabba will be here for the near future. Deal with it.[/quote']

Bravo. Couldn't agree more.

Uncertainty and inconsistency is going to be around for some time yet, lashing out at the manager isn't going to change that. We'd be better off getting used to the idea. All this Csaba GTF'ing isn't going to get us anywhere.

The man's doing what he can. Give him a break.

Absolutely spot on

Where are Hamilton in the league?

Billy Reid is a decent shout to replace Laszlo.

Has actually won something in football - albeit the first division. Has brought through a number of young players who have succeeded so far in the SPL. Has sold a couple of them for big money. Appears to be able to source effective players from the bargain basement bin for presumably very low money. His side play quite attractive football to watch.

Jam Tarts 1874

Might be just as interesting to ask if Csaba was watching Birmingham v Man U yesterday. Rooney up front on his own in a non-functioning team looked just as much of a donkey as any Hearts' striker does.

Francis Albert

A slight aside perhaps but in his one and a half seasons has Csaba been seen at ANY game not involving Hearts?

Jam Tarts 1874
Where are Hamilton in the league?

Fair enough, they are 8 points behind with 3 games in hand.

However I do not agree with the OP - we have better players than Hamilton and therefore should be this far ahead at least.

A lot of fans are fed up with the crap performances, poor tactics, negative formations, poor team selection, poor decision making throughout each game, constant whingeing in the media and putting himself forward for other jobs.

MaroonTears well said. Good to know there are still some sensible and realistic supporters here. Totally agree with you.

Jam Tarts 1874

A lot of people are sick and tired of Csaba - deal with it!

A slight aside perhaps but in his one and a half seasons has Csaba been seen at ANY game not involving Hearts?

I can tell you with some confidence that he has NOT!

What more could anyone want?

Eh, entertainment!!! Or how about even just looking for attacking football?

Not playing one up front against Falkirk, Hamilton, Dunfermline, Hibs, Zagreb, Dundee Utd, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, St. Johnston, St. Mirren, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Sunderland or Bolton.

Not having to watch, Witenween, Suso, Obua, Bouzid, Nade or Balough. Not having to endure Eggart Jonnson or Bouzid up front. Not having to endure Mike Tullberg, or us leaving a 30yd gap between the forward and the guy in the hole. Not listening to our manager whinging at every opportunity.

How's that for a first stab?

Sorry to disappoint you, but had exactly same agenda when we during the phase where we picked up wins/points 'LUCKILY'. It is simple, over a season playing 'positive' football is as likely to get you as many 'LUCKY' wins as playing 'negative' football does...but it is firstly more enjoyable to watch and secondly allows younger players to grow. Playing this kind of football only stifles young players growth. This guy plays football like chess, there are certain areas where certain players can/can't go, he is a slave to system that by it's very nature inhibits creativity/flair, his game is "uber' tactical and extremely rigid. All this crap about him working with his hands "tied" or him being "unsupported" in terms of transfers may be true in part or in entirety BUT that has nothing to do with HOW he sets out the players he HAS on a Saturday. Having not missed one game this season, I can only remember a few periods in a few games where according to some we played "well", I might have a different opinion about what "well" means but even allowing for e.g. 50 mins against Rangers, first 45 at St Mirren how many games have you came away from saying "we missed loads of chances today?"

Trust me, I have seen many poor Hearts sides, and many fairly 'conservative' managers since 1961 BUT this guy is the most negative

and arrogant I have ever known e.g. as far as I am aware, he is the only SPL manager who does NOT attend other SPL games when Hearts are not playing!

He is a CLOWN, he should go now!

Is this a response? If so, you will need to explain, too cryptic for me! Unless you are Csaba then this response makes sense!

Frankenstein Jambo.
Sorry to disappoint you, but had exactly same agenda when we during the phase where we picked up wins/points 'LUCKILY'. It is simple, over a season playing 'positive' football is as likely to get you as many 'LUCKY' wins as playing 'negative' football does...but it is firstly more enjoyable to watch and secondly allows younger players to grow. Playing this kind of football only stifles young players growth. This guy plays football like chess, there are certain areas where certain players can/can't go, he is a slave to system that by it's very nature inhibits creativity/flair, his game is "uber' tactical and extremely rigid. All this crap about him working with his hands "tied" or him being "unsupported" in terms of transfers may be true in part or in entirety BUT that has nothing to do with HOW he sets out the players he HAS on a Saturday. Having not missed one game this season, I can only remember a few periods in a few games where according to some we played "well", I might have a different opinion about what "well" means but even allowing for e.g. 50 mins against Rangers, first 45 at St Mirren how many games have you came away from saying "we missed loads of chances today?"

Trust me, I have seen many poor Hearts sides, and many fairly 'conservative' managers since 1961 BUT this guy is the most negative

and arrogant I have ever known e.g. as far as I am aware, he is the only SPL manager who does NOT attend other SPL games when Hearts are not playing!

He is a CLOWN, he should go now!

Utter Bollocks.

Shabba can only work with what he has got and if he has no entertaining players to create an entertaining game of football then he has to set his teams out to be difficult to break down. This is quite simple really.

Apart from Stewart, the reality is that we have nothing in terms of creativity, skill or leadership. We have a good, solid defensive unit but lacking going forward. The little chances that we create are rarely scored because we lack a cutting edge up. Nade, for all the good work he does, has not proven to be the player that we thought he would be. Without real support from Vlad, this team will remain nothing more than hard to beat and we cannot blame Shabba for this. How can we if he has not got the proper tools to do his job?

Shabba is our best option as I reckon he will be the only manager who is able to work with our mad owner, get decent results and keep our team motivited.

Be careful what you wish for, remember Eduard Malofeev? Things could be worse.

Utter Bollocks.

Shabba can only work with what he has got and if he has no entertaining players to create an entertaining game of football then he has to set his teams out to be difficult to break down. This is quite simple really.

Apart from Stewart, the reality is that we have nothing in terms of creativity, skill or leadership. We have a good, solid defensive unit but lacking going forward. The little chances that we create are rarely scored because we lack a cutting edge up. Nade, for all the good work he does, has not proven to be the player that we thought he would be. Without real support from Vlad, this team will remain nothing more than hard to beat. Face it, we are not entertaining. You said you have attended every game this season? Why do this if we are not entertaining?

Shabba is our best option as I reckon he will be the only manager who is able to work with our mad owner, get decent results and keep our team motivited.

Be careful what you wish for, remember Eduard Malofeev? Things could be worse.

I attend Hearts matches because I am a Hearts supporter, being entertained is not the criteria I use to determine my attendance or not? Which is just as well. Does your question imply that you have been entertained this season?

You state "The little chances that we create" is this recognition that we could have Fernando Torres up front but still not score?

If you sincerely believe that lack of strikers are our main problem, you are deluded. Our main problem is the team being over coached to the point of being "hamstrung"!

Nothing could be worse at this moment, this guy is a liability! We are as likely to be bottom 6 as we are to be top 6. What have we got to lose with Edward?

We pleaded to get a manager with full autonomy over team affairs, we've finally got one and now people want him sacked because they need a scapegoat.

What if Csaba was to leave.

How could we guarentee that we wouldn't get a puppet manager?

How could we guarentee that any decent manager worth their salt would want to work for Romanov with a poor squad and zero to spend?

All the signs point to a puppet manager being installed due to the fact that we have strategically employed a system of youth development for the foreseable future with a view to selling them on.

There is also tight financial restrictions in place so I very much doubt a manager with any ambitions would touch the Hearts job with a bargepole.

I think that the Hearts players like Csaba as their manager and if he was to leave or be sacked I think most of them would be looking to follow him out of the door, especially our best players.

Michael Stewart and Jose Goncalves are out of contract, I personally don't believe either will sign a new contract unless Hearts look to progress and match the managers ambitions.

Lee Wallace and Andrew Driver will be sold when a decent bid comes in, that much is a given.

Will any of these players be replaced?

Or will we solely rely on teenagers and who is to say that the players who come through from youth level are good enough to play at SPL level and attract intrest for other clubs.

Hearts are the 3rd biggest team in Scottish football, we have a ?35million debt and a big support with expectations. We need to sell 13,500 season tickets every season and we cannot afford to turn into a bottom six football team as that would have financial implications.

If we lose Stewart, Goncalves, Driver and Wallace in the summer and do not replace them with good players we will become a bottom 6 side and that isn't the fault of any manager, that is purely down to who is running the club.

I can accept that the football is rotten to watch, the 4-5-1 formation is stifling our young players talent and we need to be more attacking in our approach.

However we don't have the players to play open and attack, the balance of our squad is more defensive minded than attack minded, our better players are defensive ones so therefore we play to our strengths.

We without a doubt need new strikers, if you can't see that your either blind or deluded. Vladimir Romanov is solely to blame for that, no-one else. We have needed a decent striker for years and the last one we had, Velicka, was sold and never replaced.

To solely blame the manager is unjust without looking at the bigger picture.

Might be just as interesting to ask if Csaba was watching Birmingham v Man U yesterday. Rooney up front on his own in a non-functioning team looked just as much of a donkey as any Hearts' striker does.

And Birmingham, who played a defensive game, had two men up front for the out ball, and created not a few chances.

I attend Hearts matches because I am a Hearts supporter, being entertained is not the criteria I use to determine my attendance or not? Which is just as well. Does your question imply that you have been entertained this season?

You state "The little chances that we create" is this recognition that we could have Fernando Torres up front but still not score?

If you sincerely believe that lack of strikers are our main problem, you are deluded. Our main problem is the team being over coached to the point of being "hamstrung"!

Nothing could be worse at this moment, this guy is a liability! We are as likely to be bottom 6 as we are to be top 6. What have we got to lose with Edward?

I'm sorry but that's all just nonsense.

Michael Stewart is currently our most creative player. He can barely complete simple sideways passes yet he currently has the responsibility of trying to make goals for us. What can Csaba possibly do to improve on that? We have 3 defensive midfielders (Eggert, Ruben, Black) and no attack minded ones. What can Csaba do about that if he's not allowed to bring in players??

The guy has one of the weakest squads in the league. It is strong defensively, we have a few talented individuals but we have nothing up front. We are also struggling horrendously with injury but that doesn't seem to matter to you.

Your comments regarding Malofeev being a better option than Csaba show me that your posts are not worth taking seriously because your opinions are so bizarre.

Bob, you can't suddenly take a team of defenders and untried youngsters and no quality in vital areas and expect them to roll Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

The points we've won this season have been down to Csaba and his tactics and not in spite of him. I thought that would be clear to most Hearts fans but apparently not. He's being asked to do a job without the correct tools and without any idea if he's ever going to be given the tools while the tools he's currently relying on are broken and awaiting repair.

I'm sorry but that's all just nonsense.

Michael Stewart is currently our most creative player. He can barely complete simple sideways passes yet he currently has the responsibility of trying to make goals for us. What can Csaba possibly do to improve on that? We have 3 defensive midfielders (Eggert, Ruben, Black) and no attack minded ones. What can Csaba do about that if he's not allowed to bring in players??

The guy has one of the weakest squads in the league. It is strong defensively, we have a few talented individuals but we have nothing up front. We are also struggling horrendously with injury but that doesn't seem to matter to you.

Your comments regarding Malofeev being a better option than Csaba show me that your posts are not worth taking seriously because your opinions are so bizarre.

Bob, you can't suddenly take a team of defenders and untried youngsters and no quality in vital areas and expect them to roll Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

The points we've won this season have been down to Csaba and his tactics and not in spite of him. I thought that would be clear to most Hearts fans but apparently not. He's being asked to do a job without the correct tools and without any idea if he's ever going to be given the tools while the tools he's currently relying on are broken and awaiting repair.

Why do you think I consider EM to be a 'better' option? My point is that we are going nowhere fast, the performances this season (which are generally speaking not a huge drop from last season) could quite easily end up with us being in the bottom half of the bottom six! The only thing worse than that is a relegation dogfight, I can only assume that you think that anyone else inc EM would be guaranteed to take us into this position. I disagree, I think Csaba is AS likely to take us there as anyone (inc EM). However, I see absolutely no progress in our play, the few games where we picked up points were not due to better performances or as you think "Csaba's tactics", we mugged teams with football that was dire to watch and we got lucky!

Why do you think I consider EM to be a 'better' option? My point is that we are going nowhere fast, the performances this season (which are generally speaking not a huge drop from last season) could quite easily end up with us being in the bottom half of the bottom six! The only thing worse than that is a relegation dogfight, I can only assume that you think that anyone else inc EM would be guaranteed to take us into this position. I disagree, I think Csaba is AS likely to take us there as anyone (inc EM). However, I see absolutely no progress in our play, the few games where we picked up points were not due to better performances or as you think "Csaba's tactics", we mugged teams with football that was dire to watch and we got lucky!

I sort of agree with some of what you say there. We have been poor and we have had to feed on scraps and rely on Csaba's intelligence to pull us through. He has made some bad decisions at times but he's gotten some things right as well. There's no progress because we have such a poor squad with our best players injured. Csaba's not allowed to bring in who he wants but Vlad can bring in Witteveen, Kucharski and Cinikas. Think on that for a minute before blaming Csaba for the level of football we are playing.

Don't forget, we've been mugged a few times as well as mugged other teams. Rangers at home, Celtic away, St Mirren away, Hibs away and St Johnstone at home are all games that were marginal and could easily have swung our way. The standard in the SPL is so poor these days that most games seem to be quite close affairs with one team pipping the other.

But are we in 5th place? Teams below us have played fewer games.

I beg to difffer. His attitude recently has been terrible and he is the one doing the moaning - to the press and anyone who will listen,

Hearts were ?30m in debt but that was 18 months ago. And if you know we cannot afford to sign anyone, why does Csaba not know and keep asking for 2 forwards.

I wouldn't mind that if he gave the job his undivided attention. Otherwise tomorrow will not be too soon for him to go.

Francis Albert
I can tell you with some confidence that he has NOT!

That's what I don't understand. If I was paid ?250,000 a year to manage Hearts I would take EVERY opportunity to watch ANY game involving future opponents or ANY game where I might identify a potential signing candidate. I know previous managers have done so.

That's what I don't understand. If I was paid ?250,000 a year to manage Hearts I would take EVERY opportunity to watch ANY game involving future opponents or ANY game where I might identify a potential signing candidate. I know previous managers have done so.

My information FA is that he has NOT attended any matches this season! This guy is apparently a very 'confident/arrogant' individual (hence him touting himself to all and sundry) and this is perhaps why he doesn't think he needs to watch other games, either to identify players or watch the opposition! It is all smoke and mirrors!

My information FA is that he has NOT attended any matches this season! This guy is apparently a very 'confident/arrogant' individual (hence him touting himself to all and sundry) and this is perhaps why he doesn't think he needs to watch other games, either to identify players or watch the opposition! It is all smoke and mirrors!

And where did you get this information from exactly? :huh:

I can't say I've been keeping track of his movements but most recently there was a mention of him attending the Hibs Rangers game at Fester Road not much more than 1 week ago. I'd imagine he has attended other games too.

And in at No1 for 2010 nonsense post of the year so far I give you the above.

Spot on

I honestly don't believe the part I have highlighted.

Him and Vlad are using Hearts as a game of chess to prove a point to each other.

Problem is that in a game such as this Vlad is Gary Kasparov and Csaba is Joey Deacon.

There will only be one winner.

I sort of agree with some of what you say there. We have been poor and we have had to feed on scraps and rely on Csaba's intelligence to pull us through. He has made some bad decisions at times but he's gotten some things right as well. There's no progress because we have such a poor squad with our best players injured. Csaba's not allowed to bring in who he wants but Vlad can bring in Witteveen, Kucharski and Cinikas. Think on that for a minute before blaming Csaba for the level of football we are playing.

Don't forget, we've been mugged a few times as well as mugged other teams. Rangers at home, Celtic away, St Mirren away, Hibs away and St Johnstone at home are all games that were marginal and could easily have swung our way. The standard in the SPL is so poor these days that most games seem to be quite close affairs with one team pipping the other.

Csaba was allowed to bring in Suso, Black and Bouzid all who played on Saturday, Obua dont even go there and was Kucharski not a Csaba buy also.

Of course Csaba wasn't watching

He has never taken in one game in his 1 half seasons

He never knows anything about his opponents - the guy is horse sh**

Not taking sides, but I heard that is why some of the players do not like him, Lee Wallace in particular - third hand info, I must confess, but a couple of folk I know, who know players have said this.

Not taking sides, but I heard that is why some of the players do not like him, Lee Wallace in particular - third hand info, I must confess, but a couple of folk I know, who know players have said this.

Apparently he is not that popular at Riccarton generally!

Archived