Visconte (merged threads)

hmfc_liam06

He was probably one of our better players (not difficult). Did well out of position and looks comfortable and composed on the ball. A couple of good crosses and a couple of poor ones.

I think if Hearts fans are willing to have a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity then playing guys like Visconte is the way to go.

The performances, albeit raw, in recent weeks from the likes of Temps, Robinson, Smith, Thomson (when fit), Jonsson and Visconte today put their older and more experienced colleagues to shame.

Sydney Devine

I thought he look very comfortable on the ball and showed some nice footwork on a couple of occasions in the first half - got forward a few times. However did not venture as forward like Wallace does. I thought he was ok.

Two or three corners in the second half were pretty woeful. Had a shot in the second half that Langfield had to look sharp to put over (although it may have hit a dons player on the way - difficult to see from where I was).

Well in my opinion apart from Kello, he was our best player. If its true the laddie is actually a left sided midfield player and not a left back, then it only throws up one question as far as I'm concerned.

Q. Csaba, why have we been watching Palazuelos on the left hand side of midfield when he he doesn't want to play there, and we've had this boy in the reserves?

I think if Hearts fans are willing to have a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity then playing guys like Visconte is the way to go.

The performances, albeit raw, in recent weeks from the likes of Temps, Robinson, Smith, Thomson (when fit), Jonsson and Visconte today put their older and more experienced colleagues to shame.

I think it will be a lot less than a few seasons Samster...just back in the house, feet are still cold!!!

However, not too down about the result as I really believe that we have an excellent group of young players who will grow and develop.

I was very impressed with the confidence of young Rocky, happy to take men on and looked quite tidy. OK he fluffed a couple of corners in the 2nd half but overall I am more than happy with what I saw. I was lucky enough to see him rip shreds of defenders in the U19 league and I am confident he will do it week in week out against SPL opposition.

My only small worry is similar to that raised by Shaun on Radio Scotland earlier. If we are to build from the academy then we need every leader at the club agreeing and accepting that this is how we do it! Starting with the Manager.

Onwards and upwards...

portobellojambo1

Thought he and Kello were the only two who could look to get pass marks today. Reckon that was probably one of our poorest performance of the season, a season in which 99.9% of the performances have been sh*t, and a season that has been partially saved by the last 4 games, and points we picked up in those.

Well in my opinion apart from Kello, he was our best player. If its true the laddie is actually a left sided midfield player and not a left back, then it only throws up one question as far as I'm concerned.

Q. Csaba, why have we been watching Palazuelos on the left hand side of midfield when he he doesn't want to play there, and we've had this boy in the reserves?

Yes, left mid is his position and he was outstanding week after week for the 19s before he suffered a bad injury.

Looks like his pace and confidence is back.....more than happy that we have cover for Driver....hopefully the manager is as well.

I agree that the performance of the young players has been a bright spot in an otherwise poor season so far. I would certainly play them in front of the likes of Nade, Obua, Suso etc

I agree that the performance of the young players has been a bright spot in an otherwise poor season so far. I would certainly play them in front of the likes of Nade, Obua, Suso etc

That's a wee bit harsh on Nade who has made a few things happen in recent games. Obua came onto a game in the latter part of last season but has done nothing much for a while. Suso is clearly not SPL standard

Creepy Lurker

Thought that he had a reasonably promising debut, but it's a bit early to pass judgement on him at this stage. He got forward well, particularly in the first half, but did put in a couple of woeful corners. One of the better players today, but that's not saying a great deal.

I was not at the game Samster, but I would have absolutely no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the senior players letting these young kids down and our manager playing a terrible formation.

A few seasons of mid-table mediocrity whilst we rebuilt our football club, to be the sort that "grows their own" and regularly replaces transferred players with the next young player from the Academy and very, very few transfers coming in. We need a new manager to steward this though.

Clueless Csaba at his best. We go one down and the only guy who beat anyone all day in a Heart's shirt (Visconte) isn't put to left mid with Black dropping back.

I was not at the game Samster, but I would have absolutely no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the senior players letting these young kids down and our manager playing a terrible formation.

A few seasons of mid-table mediocrity whilst we rebuilt our football club, to be the sort that "grows their own" and regularly replaces transferred players with the next young player from the Academy and very, very few transfers coming in. We need a new manager to steward this though.

I would love this to happen too bigh but sadly I agree that Lazlo is probably not the man to make that happen.

I think VR said recently he's given up on splitting the OF (if he even tried) so surely what you suggest is exactly what he wants (minus the crap players he forces on managers).

PresidentRomanov
Clueless Csaba at his best. We go one down and the only guy who beat anyone all day in a Heart's shirt (Visconte) isn't put to left mid with Black dropping back.

Spot on, I've really really had it with that idiot, everyone in the ground could see it except him.

Excellent post. Agree 100%.

Thats why no new signings dosen't bother me. Youth is the only way forward as we cant afford another Nade or Kingston.

Jonsson has played as left back in place of Wallace before and he did well there. That would have let Visconte play in his own position from the off.

thehibsareintheirbeds

First time i've seen him and was really impressed. Ok, he's not the finished article and probably not a left back- but its encouraging that so many of the youngsters coming through seem so comfortable with the ball at their feet. Definitely worth a shot further up the pitch.

Jonsson has played as left back in place of Wallace before and he did well there. That would have let Visconte play in his own position from the off.

From what I heard he had played left back for the under 19s and the reserves last season. He seemed to have a decent game there (comparatively) Johnsonn has been one of our best players in midfield recently, I reckon if he was taken out of there that would have just been another excuse to get torn in about the manager.

From what I heard he had played left back for the under 19s and the reserves last season. He seemed to have a decent game there (comparatively) Johnsonn has been one of our best players in midfield recently, I reckon if he was taken out of there that would have just been another excuse to get torn in about the manager.

Fair enough. It was always going to be difficult to take anything from the game however he set the team up. I'd have been happier to see Jonsson playing behind Visconte as that would have been a decent pairing on the left.

I can't remember us ever having a worse pairing on the right of the park than Cinikas and Suso.

We also need an owner who would support the managers need to bring in the correct type of senior player to help the youngsters. That would mean not interfering with which agents he can work with, shutting the feck up if his football pee brain felt someone wasnt going to make him money and not undermining the head coaches key role. Anyone any suggestions ?

We also need an owner who would support the managers need to bring in the correct type of senior player to help the youngsters. That would mean not interfering with which agents he can work with, shutting the feck up if his football pee brain felt someone wasnt going to make him money and not undermining the head coaches key role. Anyone any suggestions ?

I agree.

I cannot think of any, you?

I know there's a lot of posters who where impressed by Visconte, but having just watched the highlights it looks like he has given the attacker far far too much room and on these occasions lead to a goal.

The boy's a left winger makin his debut a left back. He maybe wasn't perfect for the goals but I can't believe it warrants a thread about it.

:rubeyes:

I think that was all accepted on the other Visconte thread...

A few things though. Young kid, debut, not a defender.

On the other hand he seemed the only Hearts player able to take on an Aberdeen player and beat him (again and again).

Hopefully we will see some of his talent on the left side of midfield in the weeks to come.

Did ok.

Let the ball in too easy for the second goal and his delivery from corners was poor.

However he looked comfortable on the ball and showed a bit of promise.

Yup and in my opinion his initials are JJ with Paul Hegarty brought back to work with the youngsters

portobellojambo1
Why is Viconte always spelt as "Eisconte" on the BBC site?

Because they are knobs.

Bouzid and Kello were at fault for the goals! Visconte maybe could have done more but wasn't at fault.

Never in a million years was Kello at fault for either goal.

First goal he had two Aberdeen strikers one-on-one with him. Bouzid played them on.

The second goal, rather than look to aportion blame, you just have to appluad the quality of the cross the Aberdeen player put into the back post. It was perfectly put in behind our defenders but curled just away from Kello. Miller couldn't miss.

RenfrewHearts
Never in a million years was Kello at fault for either goal.

First goal he had two Aberdeen strikers one-on-one with him. Bouzid played them on.

The second goal, rather than look to aportion blame, you just have to appluad the quality of the cross the Aberdeen player put into the back post. It was perfectly put in behind our defenders but curled just away from Kello. Miller couldn't miss.

Wasn't apportioning blame towards Kello for the first, more for the second where I felt he could have dived towards the ball instead of just diving sideways. However I am probably being slightly harsh.

Archived